It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Ryan Poles
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
veganfan21 wrote:
Claw is a dumbass. The same "argument" can be used to keep Mac Jones or Zach Wilson around because they already know the system while a rookie QB would have to go through a learning curve. Straight up trash from Claw but that's to be expected.

Nah. I have my differences with Claw's opinions sometimes, but he isn't a dumbass. YOu ought to rethink your opinion about what an NFL learning curve is all about and how many good NFL qbs had very rough beginnings to their careers because of the awful team they were drafted onto and/or just adjusting to the upgrade in their game necessary to go from college to the pros.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:15 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The Bears don't need to draft a "finished" product to find a QB who will quickly have a floor higher than Fields' average level of play.

Fields is NEVER going to be a good or very good passer from the pocket. He is NEVER going to throw with anticipation. And he is ALWAYS going to have an unnecessarily high sack rate. He is not a catalyst for success; he is a detriment to it.

You are wrong about all of this. Having a terrific ability to escape pressure and extend plays is a terrific weapon to have in a quarterback. Perhaps you might consider how bad the Bears were in 2021 and 2022 in terms of offensive talent before you label Fields a "BUST". Fields is improving greatly right before all of our eyes.

Am I missing something or was he the quarterback in those 2 years also?

Sure. With a terrible offensive line, weak receivers, poor qb coaching etc. etc. Now the Bears have built a better team around him and his play has been good over-all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:18 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The Bears don't need to draft a "finished" product to find a QB who will quickly have a floor higher than Fields' average level of play.

Fields is NEVER going to be a good or very good passer from the pocket. He is NEVER going to throw with anticipation. And he is ALWAYS going to have an unnecessarily high sack rate. He is not a catalyst for success; he is a detriment to it.

You are wrong about all of this. Having a terrific ability to escape pressure and extend plays is a terrific weapon to have in a quarterback. Perhaps you might consider how bad the Bears were in 2021 and 2022 in terms of offensive talent before you label Fields a "BUST". Fields is improving greatly right before all of our eyes.

Hawk lives in a parallel universe.

Tell me how he has played in this season over-all. How have the Bear's played in their last 7-8 games? I think that right now, they are a team that other teams do not want to play.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:27 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Hawk lives in a parallel universe.

Tell me how he has played in this season over-all. How have the Bear's played in their last 7-8 games? I think that right now, they are a team that other teams do not want to play.

In the past 6 games, the offense has had 4 games where they have scored the following points per game:
I would be talking up your defense.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
My argument hasn't changed. I know this may sound crazy, but it's possible you may have been mistaken for the first time this century.

Claw is the Vivek Ramaswamy of the board. He thinks every thought he has is brilliant and insightful, but they just come off as smarmy.

It's not smarmy as much as it's delusional. He genuinely thinks opinions like "build the lines first" are not only original thoughts from him, but that they're also "stolen" by 670/1000.radio hosts for show content, as if they visit this site and filter for posts by "claw master" each day. In his off time I'm told clawmaster runs a business in which he sells highly advanced strategy expertise to tic tac toe players.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
My argument hasn't changed. I know this may sound crazy, but it's possible you may have been mistaken for the first time this century.

Claw is the Vivek Ramaswamy of the board. He thinks every thought he has is brilliant and insightful, but they just come off as smarmy.

It's not smarmy as much as it's delusional. He genuinely thinks opinions like "build the lines first" are not only original thoughts from him, but that they're also "stolen" by 670/1000.radio hosts for show content, as if they visit this site and filter for posts by "claw master" each day. In his off time I'm told clawmaster runs a business in which he sells highly advanced strategy expertise to tic tac toe players.

Damn bro, you follow me closer than I follow myself.

Always amazed by how worked up people get when someone puts out a contrarian thought or two, used to be the norm.

Build the line first is not an original thought, but how you build that line and where your weak spots are located are certainly unique takes and as one of my biggest supporters you have read my takes on the Bears lines over the past year and maybe have learned something. Football is not a complicated game and if you have played on the line or coached lineman you can see guys that do not play with proper technique or footwork, and you can see dudes with potential that just need NFL level coaching.

Still does not absolve Nas for being called out on a rare bad football take, but we are all human, even the members of the vaunted secret facebook group.

Am thinking about changing to Vivek Clawbot based on some of the toddler like verbal pouts peeps have posted, quite entertaining before work or on days off.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:52 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Always amazed by how worked up people get when someone puts out a contrarian thought or two, used to be the norm.

Build the line first is not an original thought, but how you build that line and where your weak spots are located are certainly unique takes and as one of my biggest supporters you have read my takes on the Bears lines over the past year and maybe have learned something. Football is not a complicated game and if you have played on the line or coached lineman you can see guys that do not play with proper technique or footwork, and you can see dudes with potential that just need NFL level coaching.

Still does not absolve Nas for being called out on a rare bad football take, but we are all human, even the members of the vaunted secret facebook group.

Am thinking about changing to Vivek Clawbot based on some of the toddler like verbal pouts peeps have posted, quite entertaining before work or on days off.

Ignore the Pinhead and Vegan. Two of the worst posters on the board.

I've always enjoyed reading your post on the Bears. Straight to the point, insightful and not trying to troll the thread.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Zippy is one of the smartest. Probably, Zippy, TM, CH, RR (RIP), and BR. You do not have to agree with or even enjoy a poster to recognize his intelligence.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:07 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Zippy is one of the smartest. Probably, Zippy, TM, CH, RR (RIP), and BR. You do not have to agree with or even enjoy a poster to recognize his intelligence.

Image Love how you left off Vegan :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:18 pm 

Eating meat is smart. No homo.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
denisdman wrote:

He's not gonna blow you dude, well...maybe....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:43 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:

How do you think they got on his list...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:48 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:

They’re too old (over 30) for that to be part of the discussion.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
denisdman wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:

They’re too old (over 30) for that to be part of the discussion.

You underrate experience.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:23 pm 

For sure, but my gf’s don’t.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Clawmaster wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

The only thing where I’d say I disagree with you is that the Bears should or need to draft an LT up high in this draft. Jones is a good/solid player so there are other needs that should come 1st. To me, Jones is no where near poor enough at the position to justify that decision when you also consider what the Bears may be passing up to do so (QB, Harrison Jr)

Where I think both of us do agree is the Bears need a center (and should have drafted one last year). Whichever way they to trade this off season (trading back, trading Fields) they need to pick up a 2nd in this years draft and address center in that round.. or they could sign one in the off-season.

That said, I think the Bears need to take the opportunity up high in this years draft to address QB and possibly grab a generational talent at WR in Marvin Harrison Jr. -these guys don’t come along every draft, so you shouldn’t pass one up if you’re lucky enough to be the one to add them to your roster.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Everyone agrees that it was a mistake not to add a center prior to this season--and that Poles needs to fix that position this offseason.

Anyone who thinks Fields should be the starter next year is out of their mind.

If Poles passes on a quarterback again, he is tying his fate to a guy who still doesn't know how to play his position and will NEVER be an elite passer.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I would love to leave this draft with Maye and Harrison Jr. If you told me I would leave this draft with Maye/Williams and Bowers, I would still take it. Unless the Panthers won their last 4 games, I can't see a scenario where I would be okay with Fields being the starter next season.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:17 pm 

We could trade fields for Micah Parsons in a straight up trade and Prescott would go to the Vikings in a 3 way blockbuster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:46 am 

The Montez Sweat trade and sign appears to be a good decision. He's getting a healthy salary next year but him in free agency after a year like this would have been in that 30 million per year range. Also, he appears to be a great teammate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
The Montez Sweat trade and sign appears to be a good decision. He's getting a healthy salary next year but him in free agency after a year like this would have been in that 30 million per year range. Also, he appears to be a great teammate

Yeah, him signing a "quick" extension wasn't good for him. I didn't know anything about him but he looks legit.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:21 am 

He has 12.5 sacks compared to Rashan "The Contract" Gary's 9. Packer fans mocked the Bears over the deal while at the same time thought they got the steal of the century in Gary. Delusions galore in Pecker Land right now, including selling themseves on their franchise QB that just got outplayed by Baker Mayfield

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:54 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yeah, him signing a "quick" extension wasn't good for him. I didn't know anything about him but he looks legit.

he looks sophisticated in the way he plays the position, not just a pass rusher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:46 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
He has 12.5 sacks compared to Rashan "The Contract" Gary's 9. Packer fans mocked the Bears over the deal while at the same time thought they got the steal of the century in Gary. Delusions galore in Pecker Land right now, including selling themseves on their franchise QB that just got outplayed by Baker Mayfield

I believe that Sweat signed an almost $100M 4 year contract extension after the trade, right?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I like the Sweat signing, as long as he plays an appropriate percentage of downs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Sweat is a good not great(never had double digit sacks in a season) and it will almost be a first round pick again.

He'll have double digit sacks this season.

Hopefully Santa brings Bob a functioning brain this Christmas.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:44 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

he looks sophisticated in the way he plays the position, not just a pass rusher

He's a strong, smart, system proof two-way DE, if you watch the 3-4 guys they are a bit undersized and tend to come up field all the time because they are not strong enough to hold the point of attack and keep their outside shoulder free. It was maddening watching the Bears DE's get sucked up field and get gashed in the run game before Sweat came in and solidified one side, teams would still run at Ngakoue because the primary reason he goes from team to team is that he is terrible against the run.

If you watch the late long pass the Brown hit they had the soon to be elsewhere Dominique Robinson on the field and he oddly lost his gap responsibility which allowed the ancient Joe Flacco to roll out and throw the ball.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:48 am 

It begs the question why the hell was Sweat not on the field in that situation.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:49 am 

Poles has made some bad moves (Claypool) and some good ones (Sweat), but the big move will always be at QB and he will either go down as the guy that passed up on the #1 QB two years in a row, or the guy that finally solved the QB1 enigma for the franchise.

A statue or a pink slip is in his future, sadly the latter is more likely, but the dude has got the almost unfathomable opportunity to reset this franchise twice, the odds against that happening are staggering.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next