It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Eberflus talks like he'll still be the head coach of the Bears next season. That concerns me. "No decision has been made about Getsy." "No decision has been made about Fields."

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Speculation that Harbaugh would be sidelined from taking the reigns of an NFL team for however long any pending formal NCAA suspension would be.

There's no formal rule but there's precedent for the NFL respecting NCAA suspensions: Jim Tressel and Terrelle Pryor were both suspended for half the season by Ohio State. Both had bolted tOSU for the NFL before serving those suspensions at the college level. Both Raiders with Pryor and Colts, who had hired Tressel as an assistant coach, respected the NCAA penalties--with Pryor siting out the first part of the season for the Raiders and Tressel doing likewise on the Colts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

After listening to Ryan Poles' interview with Joniak, I'm somewhat confident Eberflus and Fields will be gone. He pretty clearly lays out why neither are good enough and what's needed for a QB to be successful.

You can listen to the 8 min interview at the end of the article.

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/poles ... back-group

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:41 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hussra wrote:
Speculation that Harbaugh would be sidelined from taking the reigns of an NFL team for however long any pending formal NCAA suspension would be.

There's no formal rule but there's precedent for the NFL respecting NCAA suspensions: Jim Tressel and Terrelle Pryor were both suspended for half the season by Ohio State. Both had bolted tOSU for the NFL before serving those suspensions at the college level. Both Raiders with Pryor and Colts, who had hired Tressel as an assistant coach, respected the NCAA penalties--with Pryor siting out the first part of the season for the Raiders and Tressel doing likewise on the Colts.

The NFL can pretty much create its own reality these days, and I think if it came to the point where a major-market charter franchise was bringing back an established success as head coach, they wouldn't uphold someone else's suspension. Tressel as a consultant for the Colts was just about trying to lie low until the heat was off, Harbaugh would essentially be taking over the Bears and here to stay.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
That's true, Harbaugh taking over as HC would be severely handicapping if he were sidelined until NFL November or however long the NCAA suspension would be. Those 3 games Harbaugh capitulated to in November this year were apparently not the final, final NCAA penalty. Michigan/Harbaugh still facing potential NCAA home office sanctions.

It won't stop people from bitching about Harbaugh skating by on the NCAA sanctions; but people bitching about Jim Harbaugh seems like the ambient state of things with dude.

It was also left up to the Colts/Raiders whether/how to handle the sanctions on Tressel/Pryor. Maybe the Bear can just ban Harbaugh wearing dockers on the sidelines for half the season as punishment instead of a suspension. Make Jim sport Mike McDaniel board shorts for 7 games on the sideline in Chicago fall weather.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:35 pm 

The penalty can be one year of mandatory head coach Jim Tomsula, a man who was cosmically meant to be coach of the Bears.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:58 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
The penalty can be one year of mandatory head coach Jim Tomsula, a man who was cosmically meant to be coach of the Bears.

Is that the guy from WGN doing stand up comedy?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Curious Hair wrote:
NME wrote:
Hard pass. He’s proven to be a mediocre HC at best while proving he’s a solid coordinator. The 2nd problem here is repeating the pattern of potentially drafting a new QB into a position where he gets 1 year with the HC before moving in to the next coach. The Bears did this with Mitch and Fields and to an extent with Cutler before that.

What extent would that be? Cutler played under Lovie for four years. Fields may not even make it four years.

I meant moving a QB from regime to regime.. that’s why I added ‘to some extent’ with Cutler. The Bears kept trying to fix/develop Cutler by firing/hiring many coordinators and a few HC’s. Admittedly it’s a bit different than the Mitch/Fields situation but the similarity is spreading the development of one guy out over multiple coaches/regimes. And it’s not an idea that has been proven fruitful.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
After listening to Ryan Poles' interview with Joniak, I'm somewhat confident Eberflus and Fields will be gone. He pretty clearly lays out why neither are good enough and what's needed for a QB to be successful.

You really should get your hearing and cognition checked out.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:57 pm 

Brick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Is that the guy from WGN doing stand up comedy?

Jim Tomsula: wasn't trying to be funny, but was
Pat Tomasulo: was trying to be funny, but wasn't

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:

Poles could be talking about Getsy, but it sounds like his beef is with the way Eberflus wets the bed. There's no doubt he's talking about Fields.

I saw Eberflus rattled for most of the year by the pressure of losing his job. He looks calm and sounds confident now. That concerns me. Either he's been assured he's going to return OR he has another good job lined up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:

Poles could be talking about Getsy, but it sounds like his beef is with the way Eberflus wets the bed. There's no doubt he's talking about Fields.

I saw Eberflus rattled for most of the year by the pressure of losing his job. He looks calm and sounds confident now. That concerns me. Either he's been assured he's going to return OR he has another good job lined up.

Or he woke up one day and said, "fuck it, right".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:

Or he woke up one day and said, "fuck it, right".

That too. I hope you are right.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I get the vibe he's coming back. My Harbaugh dreams are fading.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Caller Bob wrote:

Wait til Bama hangs 70 on them. Vibes will change.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:21 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Unfortunately I don’t think our Harbaugh dream has ever been realistic -the McCaskeys are too bumbling and timid to actually bring someone like him into the building and let him take over.

They’ll either run this same shit back with a different QB or hire some other no-name to roll the dice on and see if it works out.

The right move -whether or not Warren gets along with him- is to hire Jim Harbaugh and let him fix this franchise. But the Bears are too inept and stupid to do the right thing here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
If they win out, does he stay because they improved to 8-9, or does he go because they fucked up enough late in games so they didn't go 10-7 and make the playoffs?

One can argue that if they do win out, that Poles bought enough groceries and the coaching staff blew it. (The David Ross argument.)

If they do keep Eberflus, I don't want him picking the next QB in what could easily be a "gots to go" situation if they start next year 2-5. The Bears keep on firing their head coaches the year after they draft a QB.
At that point then if they win out I'd rather they trade down from 1OA to 3OA and up from 15ish OA to 7ish OA, take Harrison and the best lineman available, and roll with Fields for one more year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Eberflus has the D playing well, looks as if young guys are developing on that side of the ball, but the offense still looks confused and inept and your QB is still doing the same stupid stuff he did last year, will not get into the hapless time management during the 4th quarter of games, a Freshman High school coach would be smarter in protecting leads.

When you add in the fact that they had to fire several coaches under his watch you have more than enough evidence to launch Eberflus and you do not want him or Getsy anywhere near a rookie QB after watching how they have failed to develop Fields as a passer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Clawmaster wrote:
Eberflus has the D playing well, looks as if young guys are developing on that side of the ball, but the offense still looks confused and inept and your QB is still doing the same stupid stuff he did last year, will not get into the hapless time management during the 4th quarter of games, a Freshman High school coach would be smarter in protecting leads.

When you add in the fact that they had to fire several coaches under his watch you have more than enough evidence to launch Eberflus and you do not want him or Getsy anywhere near a rookie QB after watching how they have failed to develop Fields as a passer.

Is that Eberflus?
to me, the defense looks drastically different since the arrival of Sweat.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:33 am 

I think I dislike him more after watching this:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:40 am 

Hussra wrote:

Pete Carroll was unaffected by NCAA penalties, I doubt the NFL would tamper with Harbaugh on the NCAA’s behalf. There’s no reason for them to.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:09 pm 

https://x.com/_mlfootball/status/174126 ... 94031?s=46

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:29 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
https://x.com/_mlfootball/status/1741262832824394031?s=46

They’re going 9-8 next year and he’ll be praised. Book it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:

I'm holding out hope that it's wrong, but I've sensed this was going to happen for a while.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:33 pm 

Feels like the Jets keeping Saleh with a .333 winning percentage. Hey, another team that's been pissing down its leg for years while reminding everyone they won a Super Bowl once.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:47 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Feels like the Jets keeping Saleh with a .333 winning percentage. Hey, another team that's been pissing down its leg for years while reminding everyone they won a Super Bowl once.

This is why we have people pretending like Fields might be a good NFL QB.

The hard bigotry of no expectations defines Bear fandom.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I'm holding out hope that it's wrong, but I've sensed this was going to happen for a while.

I don't understand the hate for Fluse. As Poles has given him more talent the team has improved it's play. Change QB and hire a proven offensive coordinator and you're a playoff team.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:21 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I don't understand the hate for Fluse. As Poles has given him more talent the team has improved its play. Change QB and hire a proven offensive coordinator and you're a playoff team.

This guy is fine when everybody around him is great. Otherwise he sucks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

blackhawksfan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I don't understand the hate for Fluse. As Poles has given him more talent the team has improved it's play. Change QB and hire a proven offensive coordinator and you're a playoff team.

He coaches scared, he's a terrible poker player, he never knows what's going on in his locker room, and he's an awful figurehead.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I don't understand the hate for Fluse. As Poles has given him more talent the team has improved its play. Change QB and hire a proven offensive coordinator and you're a playoff team.

This guy is fine when everybody around him is great. Otherwise he sucks.

Are you watching the Steelers? Guess Tomlin sucks too lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next