It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lightfoot Dome!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
man of few opinions wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
How many Bears games have you attended over the last few years? How many Bears posts do you have over the last few years? You aren't the person the Bears are catering to as you are barely a fan.

The Bears playing in a new suburban stadium will be fine. Interest in the team will not be hurt in the slightest. For every person that would give up their Solder Field season tickets, there will be three or four others willing buy them in AH.

I would offer you a bet, but you would decline anyway. We can make it a signature or avatar bet if you want.

I guarantee that I know much more about the History of The Bears than you do. I also guarantee that I know much more about Bear Fandom than you do. They will sellout for 10-15 years and then no one will much give a shit.

And if you think that it is more important for them to "cater" to people in the suburbs as opposed to "diehard" fans in Chicago then you really are dumb as dogshit. But then I knew that anyway.

:roll:

Hey he disagrees for no other reason than simply "disagreeing" yet again.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
This notion that Chicago will lose interest in the Bears if they move to a new stadium in Arlington Heights is ridiculous, just like Bear Weather and them somehow being extra blue-collar tough.

yep. A whole lot of reaching going on in this thread.
It's money and only money. The move to AH is a financial opportunity for the Bears that flat out does not exist within the Chicago city limits. The Bears fandom and support will be just fine. Even if it isn't, they don't care....money. End of story.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: What??
It's tiresome the spaceship thing. The event is on the inside. Who gives a shit what it looks like driving by.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:59 am 

BigW72 wrote:
This notion that Chicago will lose interest in the Bears if they move to a new stadium in Arlington Heights is ridiculous, just like Bear Weather and them somehow being extra blue-collar tough.

It's money and only money. The move to AH is a financial opportunity for the Bears that flat out does not exist within the Chicago city limits. The Bears fandom and support will be just fine. Even if it isn't, they don't care....money. End of story.

Why all the cheering for the McClaskeys, is what I wanna know?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
People who make "guarantees" like that to somehow support an argument generally dont know shit. "I know more about being a fan than you do!". Oh brother.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Missing Link wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
How many Bears games have you attended over the last few years? How many Bears posts do you have over the last few years?

I guarantee that I know much more about the History of The Bears than you do. I also guarantee that I know much more about Bear Fandom than you do.
Cool story. That doesn't answer my question.

I'll help you out on the posts though. Prior to yesterday, Link had 4 posts in the Bears section. longtimeguy had a total of 40. So less than 50 Bears posts over the last several years shows that you aren't truly a Bears fan. I didn't say the Bears were catering to people in the suburbs. I said they weren't catering to you, because you aren't a diehard Bears fan. You don't talk about them, you don't go to games, you probably don't wear their merchandise. You bearly care about them, so why should they care about you?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:01 am 

BigW72 wrote:

Financially it's better but after 15 years no one will give a shit about the stadium. And no one outside of the McCaskey family will give a shit how much they make off the deal either. Chicagoans (who are the lifeblood of that shitty franchise in case anyone hasn't noticed) are going to turn their backs on them in droves. Book it!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:02 am 

Nardi wrote:
It's tiresome the spaceship thing. The event is on the inside. Who gives a shit what it looks like driving by.

I agree with this. Some of these new stadiums they are building are even more ridiculous looking than the new Soldier Field.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nardi wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

My level of Bear-dom is at an all-time low thanks to the McClaskeys. No cheering at all. I'm just saying money is what is driving this.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:06 am 

One thing I would keep and eye out for if I were the Bears and moved to Arlington Heights would be the possibility for a real push to get a Chicago AFC team in Soldier Field. I think that would be great and two teams could absolutely co-exist.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:07 am 
100000 CLUB

One thing I would keep and eye out for if I were the Bears and moved to Arlington Heights would be the possibility for a real push to get a Chicago AFC team in Soldier Field. I think that would be great and two teams could absolutely co-exist.
Chicago Jaguars! Could happen.

How about CTU teachers give up 30% of their pension to help fund the dome? LTG should have no problem with this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:11 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
How many Bears games have you attended over the last few years? How many Bears posts do you have over the last few years?

I guarantee that I know much more about the History of The Bears than you do. I also guarantee that I know much more about Bear Fandom than you do.
Cool story. That doesn't answer my question.

I'll help you out on the posts though. Prior to yesterday, Link had 4 posts in the Bears section. longtimeguy had a total of 40. So less than 50 Bears posts over the last several years shows that you aren't truly a Bears fan. I didn't say the Bears were catering to people in the suburbs. I said they weren't catering to you, because you aren't a diehard Bears fan. You don't talk about them, you don't go to games, you probably don't wear their merchandise. You bearly care about them, so why should they care about you?

Hey dumbass I clearly stated "Chicago Fans".Just as I found with the Score and idiots like you, my "interest" waned after all of the rather tired and redundant arguments which invariably get made each and every time. "Owner suck" "Head Coach Sucks" "OC sucks" "QB sucks".

And to be honest any section of this board that has an overabundance of posts that are made by you, is bound to just simply suck ass. You are just that fucked up of a person and "toxic" of a poster.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:13 am 
100000 CLUB

Cool story. You didn't refute anything I said so you must agree with me that you either aren't a Bears fan, or you're a really shitty fan. I guarantee it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:13 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Chicago Jaguars! Could happen.

How about CTU teachers give up 30% of their pension to help fund the dome? LTG should have no problem with this.

Hey BallPark my family and I have paid a ton of taxes over the years to support Chicago Park District and its MANY programs. What in the hell have you paid?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:15 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Cool story. You didn't refute anything I said so you must agree with me that you either aren't a Bears fan, or you're a really shitty fan. I guarantee it!

Any section that is heavily populated by you is bound to be a rather shitty section. Book it. You are one miserable sack of shit human being.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:17 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

My level of Bear-dom is at an all-time low thanks to the McClaskeys. No cheering at all. I'm just saying money is what is driving this.

People will have worse seats yet they cheer it on. The larger point to LTG's argument is the north suburbs isn't the hotbed of football. It's the hotbed of ...like...golf. So moving there is in the best interests of who? Certainly not the fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:19 am 

They would definitely try that and get that. The only thing that has prevented this has been the power that the Bears "had" in the city. They move and the NFL moves another team in within 10 years. Book it! It would be cool as hell to have the Cardinals come back actually.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:23 am 

I think the Bears leaving the lakefront is a mistake, it is an iconic location and they should do what they can to make that happen, but if they move to Arlington Heights into a new football stadium to suggest that somehow HURTS the team in any way is ludicrous. Every seat will sell out every week just like it does now and the vast majority of fans will still be on their same couches watching the same product they watch now. And if it attracts a second Chicago team to Soldier Field all the better.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:23 am 

Nardi wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

People will have worse seats yet they cheer it on. The larger point to LTG's argument is the north suburbs isn't the hotbed of football. It's the hotbed of ...like...golf. So moving there is in the best interests of who? Certainly not the fans.

Yep. If idiots like Frank believe that the level of interest will be there for a team that is routinely under .500 and plays in the suburbs then he is dumb as cowshit.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:24 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
So moving there is in the best interests of who? Certainly not the fans.
Its definitely of interest to people who don't care to outside in December to watch a terrible football team. Its definitely of interest to STH who sell every year, and will now have no trouble moving late season tickets.

Soldier Field isn't in the best interest to fans right now as is. Its not easy to get to via public transit, nearby parking spaces are few and far between, the field surface sucks, the concessions suck, and its no longer a landmark/historic place.

The larger point of LTG's feeble argument is wrong. 100% wrong, which is per usual for him.
You just said its the event inside that matters. So which is it? The stadium or the team? The Bears could play on a dirt patch in Aurora and would still be the #1 team in town bar none.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:25 am 

I think the Bears leaving the lakefront is a mistake, it is an iconic location and they should do what they can to make that happen, but if they move to Arlington Heights into a new football stadium to suggest that somehow HURTS the team in any way is ludicrous. Every seat will sell out every week just like it does now and the vast majority of fans will still be on their same couches watching the same product they watch now. And if it attracts a second Chicago team to Soldier Field all the better.

Because of the new stadium initially yes. Over time no. There is no way in hell that they will generate the same "level of interest" playing their home games in the suburbs.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:26 am 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
There is no way in hell that they will generate the same "level of interest" playing their home games in the suburbs.
Because the level of interest would only get higher.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:27 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
So moving there is in the best interests of who? Certainly not the fans.
Its definitely of interest to people who don't care to outside in December to watch a terrible football team. Its definitely of interest to STH who sell every year, and will now have no trouble moving late season tickets.

Soldier Field isn't in the best interest to fans right now as is. Its not easy to get to via public transit, nearby parking spaces are few and far between, the field surface sucks, the concessions suck, and its no longer a landmark/historic place.

The larger point of LTG's feeble argument is wrong. 100% wrong, which is per usual for him.
You just said its the event inside that matters. So which is it? The stadium or the team? The Bears could play on a dirt patch in Aurora and would still be the #1 team in town bar none.

Hey Frank Which person has contributed more to the upkeep of Soldiers Field over the past 25 years? Me or You?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:27 am 

The Missing Link wrote:

Because of the new stadium initially yes. Over time no. There is no way in hell that they will generate the same "level of interest" playing their home games in the suburbs.

Thats silly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:28 am 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Hey Frank Which person has contributed more to the upkeep of Soldiers Field over the past 25 years? Me or You?
Given how shitty Soldier Fiend is, you :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:29 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
There is no way in hell that they will generate the same "level of interest" playing their home games in the suburbs.
Because the level of interest would only get higher.

I would state that you can't possibly be this dumb, but then I'd be lying.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:31 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Given how shitty Soldier Fiend is, you :lol: :lol:

So STFU then!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:33 am 
100000 CLUB

NO U

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:36 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
NO U

Hey Frank Which person has paid more in taxes to the Chicago Park District over the past 25 years? Me or You?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:38 am 

The city should have built a domed stadium on what is now Bronzeville Lakefront. 48 prime acres that could have been used year round and been incorporated as a neighborhood/hotels and it could have leveraged McCormick Place to alleviate any parking concerns. That's right in line with many other new city stadiums. Instead, it gets a 20 year project that at best creates 4,800 condos and a bunch of office space in a city with a massive amount of office space already.

The Bears are making the right choice. Bears games are miserable for fans starting at least in November. Sitting in the cold for four hours with a lake wind is going to feel pretty silly the first game in December when the fans are in a t-shirt in 70 degree climate controlled weather watching the game. Anyone who has gone to a game in Detroit or Indianapolis knows just how much nicer it is to simply have a dome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next