It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lightfoot Dome!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Yes! Yes! He's "winning". would you look at that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:21 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Its not about winning or losing. Its about me being right when I say that you cannot and will not stop replying to me in this thread.

Seacrest might, but tomorrow is another day for that piece of shit.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Its not about winning or losing. Its about me being right when I say that you cannot and will not stop replying to me in this thread.

Seacrest might, but tomorrow is another day for that piece of shit.

But you are "winning" however. People "see" your "numerous posts" and respond to you "in kind" Isn't this all part of "preferred outcome" Ballpark?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
"Maybe?"

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:27 am 

If I'm the White Sox, the moment the Bears officially announce they are moving to the suburbs, I tell the city to build them a new domed stadium or they will be asking the Bears to set aside a section for them to build a baseball stadium on in Arlington Heights. 82 more active days a year and a nice 70 degree opening day every single year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Brick wrote:
If I'm the White Sox, the moment the Bears officially announce they are moving to the suburbs, I tell the city to build them a new domed stadium or they will be asking the Bears to set aside a section for them to build a baseball stadium on in Arlington Heights. 82 more active days a year and a nice 70 degree opening day every single year.

Fuck that. Baseball is played outdoors.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:09 am 

Brick wrote:

And then I throw away everything I own with a Sox logo and become a full blown Dodgers fan.

Or quit watching baseball altogether.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:05 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
Brick wrote:

And then I throw away everything I own with a Sox logo and become a full blown Dodgers fan.

:lol: :lol: You would go to more games.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:53 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

I think it would have to have a retractable roof but the weather in Chicago requires it to be an option to play in temps above 40 degrees for the start and end of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:12 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Brick wrote:

:lol: :lol: You would go to more games.

:D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

I think it would have to have a retractable roof but the weather in Chicago requires it to be an option to play in temps above 40 degrees for the start and end of the season.

Retractable roofs suck. They're still domes. I'd rather the Sox play on Diamond 1 at Armour Square Park.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

Retractable roofs suck. They're still domes. I'd rather the Sox play on Diamond 1 at Armour Square Park.

This is an interesting take. I feel this way about the Bears playing outdoors; however, I'm not opposed to indoor baseball.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:35 pm 

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

This is an interesting take. I feel this way about the Bears playing outdoors; however, I'm not opposed to indoor baseball.

I've been completely ambivalent about this since I went to the last opening day in 42° Old Comiskey. Walking through extreme or just bad weather to get into a comfortable stadium is enough.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

I've been completely ambivalent about this since I went to the last opening day in 42° Old Comiskey. Walking through extreme or just bad weather to get into a comfortable stadium is enough.

Years ago, I took my oldest son to opening day when he was 2 years old. It was really cold. He wasn't complaining, but I could tell he was uncomfortable despite all of the layers. We left before the 6th inning.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
We are never going to see MLB adjust the regular season schedule so we are always going to be stuck with shitty April Baseball. May is often not a whole lot better. I recall taking my kids to a game Memorial day weekend in 2013 and we were FREEZING.

I understand the dome thing....I'd prefer baseball be outdoors but would live with it. As discussed in the another thread....the ballpark in Milwaukee with the roof open still feels indoors. No way to change that. In my world, the ballpark becomes irrelevant for a well-run organization with playoff teams.

If the Sox moved to the lakefront, I don't think much would change. It's not like Soldier Field is surrounded by a rocking bar scene.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:07 pm 

It's funny, I remember how full of ourselves my friends and I were playing football in negative 10 below weather. We thought it proved we were a special kind of tough. Twtw.

Years later I wonder just how many people passed us by on 79th street thinking that we were dumbasses. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
It's funny, I remember how full of ourselves my friends and I were playing football in negative 10 below weather. We thought it proved we were a special kind of tough. Twtw.

Years later I wonder just how many people passed us by on 79th street thinking that we were dumbasses. :D

I still believe it gives you a mental edge. We were playing Turkey Bowl games until a couple of years ago when most people decided they were too old to play. I would show up with shorts, a thermal shirt, and a t-shirt on top. A lot of people thought I was insane. It helped my Southside team.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:37 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I still believe it gives you a mental edge. We were playing Turkey Bowl games until a couple of years ago when most people decided they were too old to play. I would show up with shorts, a thermal shirt, and a t-shirt on top. A lot of people thought I was insane. It helped my Southside team.

I used to always coach in shorts so my guys could believe that they could shake off the cold and rain. As they got older, they'd tell me that they thought I was nuts. They were right. :cheese:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:

Domed or retractable roof makes sense, can do events all year, more attractive for Super Bowls, NCAA FB/BB playoffs, concerts, trade shows, conventions, etc..team could get out of the dark ages and actually start making money off naming rights and put a sports book on site. Bears are a major market team with only one NFL franchise, needs a state of the art stadium, much nicer offices for dozens of McKaskey family members and they all could give themselves pay hikes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Brick wrote:

Not to mention post season and world series games, which there should be MANY of in the coming years for this budding White Sox dynasty. November 1 average low: 39.7.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

The suburbanites are already against helping with a new stadium. Blue collar Chicagoans don't have a problem going inside our piggy banks or under our mattresses to support the beloved.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/a ... FB_CHBrand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Start the clock on McCaskey showing up at Shad Khan’s doorstep asking if he can borrow the Chicago Jaguars’ beloved piece of the Lake Michigan coast 8 or 9 times p.a.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:47 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:
The suburbanites are already against helping with a new stadium. Blue collar Chicagoans don't have a problem going inside our piggy banks or under our mattresses to support the beloved.

I received this poll via text. Usually I would ignore such spam, but I had a feeling I had a chance to register my discontent with giving the Chicago Bears taxpayer bailouts to finance their move to Arlington Heights. I can only hope against hope that there's enough grassroots support to prevent the McCaskeydome, Brian Urlacher's Bar & Grill Nobody Goes To, and whatever other atrocities they have planned for Arlington Park.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Nas wrote:

I received this poll via text. Usually I would ignore such spam, but I had a feeling I had a chance to register my discontent with giving the Chicago Bears taxpayer bailouts to finance their move to Arlington Heights. I can only hope against hope that there's enough grassroots support to prevent the McCaskeydome, Brian Urlacher's Bar & Grill Nobody Goes To, and whatever other atrocities they have planned for Arlington Park.

I stand with you. If you need me to hold a sign or piss on a lawn, just shoot me a PM.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:11 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Nas wrote:

The Refrigerator's Fat Tuesdays!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:14 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Nas wrote:

They shouldn't get taxpayer help to do it but I would think you would be ecstatic that more prime lakefront property will be available once they tear down Soldier Field and put in a parking lot given how supportive you were of the Friends of the Park when anyone else dares to want to put anything above the ground near water in Chicago.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
The gaming industry, which seems to have limitless pockets thanks to dolts like me plunking down cash in Vegas, WI, and IL casinos while continually feeding online sportsbook accounts, will likely be very happy to help fund or give naming rights to a state of the art facility that just happens to have a large sports book or casino in house.

The area would be glad to have a place for trade shows, concerts, monster trucks, etc.. where you can put on events at lower costs than you can in Chicago.

Soldier Field is more of a museum than a functioning state of the art NFL facility, and the rather odd relationship between the McKaskey family and the Chicago Park District causes the franchise to leave tons of money on the table every year. The city likely could have avoided all this by being more proactive, but even George McKaskey has realized it is time to move on, and he is likely getting heat from the dozens of family members that depend on the franchise for their income to either sell or move on to something better.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:44 am 

I am against any Taxpayer contributions whether the McClaskey dome is in Chicago, Arlington Heights, Rockford, Galesburg, or any other location. Even as a taxpayer and a Sox fan, I find it disgusting that we are paying for the 35th and Shields ballpark.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:55 am 
100000 CLUB

Arlington Heights residents want all the benefits of a new toy without paying for it. #Privilege

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:34 am 

Nas wrote:
Arlington Heights residents want all the benefits of a new toy without paying for it. #Privilege

Try again...."I want a new stadium to maximize profits, but I don't want to front the investment by myself...I want the taxpayers to help". THAT's privilege.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next