It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:57 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I've been saying for the past several months that Poles doesn't want to re-sign Roquan. Apparently he agrees:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:58 am 
1000 CLUB

This is a preview of what 2023 will look like for Justin Fields unless he significantly elevates his game in 2022. But I suspect that Poles has already made his decision about Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
notes app..... you know things are serious when it's a notes app tweet.

not great, but if you can get a first plus from some bad organization that wouldnt be the end of the world for a team that likely isnt competing for 2+ years

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:20 am 
1000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
notes app..... you know things are serious when it's a notes app tweet.

not great, but if you can get a first plus from some bad organization that wouldnt be the end of the world for a team that likely isnt competing for 2+ years

If Poles can get a first and a second or third for Roquan, he should make that deal immediately.

We'll see what happens. Smith has to play out his contract and then Poles can tag him after that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
It will be interesting to see how the fan base comes down with this. Up to now, Poles can do no wrong.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
More frustrations:
— The backloaded offer, which wouldn’t make him the highest paid in actual salary, included proposed de-escalators that not a single player out of the 94 non-QB, $15M+ contracts has. He was offended.
— The deal would hurt the LB market as a whole.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: John's
:lol: :lol: They aren't going to get a 1st and 2nd for Smith...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Poles is a dumbass who botched handling Foles and messed up on a free agent signing. I'm inclined to believe the fallout with Smith is more about Poles being incompetent rather than Poles executing some sort of strategy.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:26 am 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
:lol: :lol: They aren't going to get a 1st and 2nd for Smith...

No, I wouldn't think so. I would imagine a mid- or low first rounder will be the ceiling. Maybe one or two Day 3 picks thrown in.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:28 am 

They would be lucky if they got a 2nd rounder for him...he plays a non-premium position and Bears have zero leverage.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:29 am 

Augie wrote:
It will be interesting to see how the fan base comes down with this. Up to now, Poles can do no wrong.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
More frustrations:
— The backloaded offer, which wouldn’t make him the highest paid in actual salary, included proposed de-escalators that not a single player out of the 94 non-QB, $15M+ contracts has. He was offended.

Up to now Poles can do no wrong?

Have you even read the threads around here? :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:30 am 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Poles is a dumbass who botched handling Foles and messed up on a free agent signing. I'm inclined to believe the fallout with Smith is more about Poles being incompetent rather than Poles executing some sort of strategy.

He's gutting the roster and likely doesn't like the QB. It wouldn't make sense to pay Roquan record money if he's going to reset the franchise with a new QB next year.

In any event, he doesn't have to do anything about Roquan right now. If Roquan wants to sit, let him. I doubt Poles would even be upset about that since it will help enhance the team's 2023 draft position.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Did the local reporters get scooped again?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:31 am 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
They would be lucky if they got a 2nd rounder for him...he plays a non-premium position and Bears have zero leverage.

Sure they do. Roquan is under contract and the Bears are tanking.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
RFDC wrote:
Augie wrote:

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
More frustrations:

Up to now Poles can do no wrong?

Have you even read the threads around here? :lol:

I'm not talking about the 5 people here that hate Poles, but the hundreds on Twitter who think he's a king and can do no wrong. So far, they are still coming down on Poles side and telling Roquan to get an agent.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Waiting for Poles to tell Roquan to make a Pro Bowl first before demanding a new contract.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I don't generally have an issue with Poles approach. However, if he didn't genuinely want to sign him, I would have preferred a trade before the draft.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
veganfan21 wrote:

This.

And when they wind up trading Smith, they're going to get 50 cents on the dollar value because of this public Twitter bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:46 am 

It looks like the Bears tried to backdoor him which is smart considering he doesn't have an agent, someone tell this dumbass to hire an ACTUAL agent

Off the ball linebackers aren't worth 20 mil per year anyways

Last edited by Caller Bob on Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:46 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
I don't generally have an issue with Poles approach. However, if he didn't genuinely want to sign him, I would have preferred a trade before the draft.

Agreed. And it seemed clear from the start that Poles wasn't enthusiastic about Roquan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:51 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
It looks like the Bears tried to backdoor him which is smart considering he doesn't have an agent, someone tell this dumbass to hire an ACTUAL agent

He hasn't really accomplished anything. He stays out of shape (struggles to breathe after every play), had an unknown mental episode a few years ago, and may weigh as much as Lance Briggs does after he signs his contract. He's not a guy who has earned a record breaking contract.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:54 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He hasn't really accomplished anything. He stays out of shape (struggles to breathe after every play), had an unknown mental episode a few years ago, and may weigh as much as Lance Briggs does after he signs his contract. He's not a guy who has earned a record breaking contract.

I would certainly be reluctant to make him the first key signing of my rebuild if I were Poles.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:

He’s a good player but a luxury this team doesn’t need. They should’ve traded him before he publicly made the demand instead of playing games with contract offers.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:59 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:

He’s a good player but a luxury this team doesn’t need. They should’ve traded him before he publicly made the demand instead of playing games with contract offers.

Yeah this is pretty much where I am on this. He is a good player. But I can see why he is not in the plans moving forward with how Poles has went about this. But it does seem like a misstep that if you are not wanting to sign him then you should have traded him before the draft when his value would have probably been higher.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:00 am 
1000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:

It is curious as to why Poles didn't trade him before the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Caller Bob wrote:

Reminds me of Jason Goff's contract acumen.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:07 am 

He mentions not being able to talk to the McCaskey family. Why would they talk to him? That is the GMs job.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Normally dislike future bets but have put a ton on the Bears under 6.5 even before this news.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:34 am 

RFDC wrote:
He mentions not being able to talk to the McCaskey family. Why would they talk to him? That is the GMs job.

It means he's at an impasse with Poles

Tall Midget wrote:

It is curious as to why Poles didn't trade him before the draft.

Because he's in over his head

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:47 am 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I would certainly be reluctant to make him the first key signing of my rebuild if I were Poles.

I couldn't agree more...

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-lb-roqua ... of-chicago

The perception of Smith seems to vary depending on who you ask. He hasn't earned a Pro Bowl selection from the voting populace, but media members holding All-Pro votes haven't shied from recognizing his performance. Pro Football Focus doesn't hold the same opinion on Smith, whom the website sees as a middling defender, based on his best single-season defensive grade finishing at just 67.2.

Chicago seems to be following the same logic with Smith, who is due $9.7 million in the fifth and final year of his rookie contract.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I couldn't agree more...

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-lb-roqua ... of-chicago

The perception of Smith seems to vary depending on who you ask. He hasn't earned a Pro Bowl selection from the voting populace, but media members holding All-Pro votes haven't shied from recognizing his performance. Pro Football Focus doesn't hold the same opinion on Smith, whom the website sees as a middling defender, based on his best single-season defensive grade finishing at just 67.2.

Chicago seems to be following the same logic with Smith, who is due $9.7 million in the fifth and final year of his rookie contract.

Even his peers have consistently left him off of the top 100 list. Poles is probably offering him a fair deal, but his opinion of his value is higher than it should be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next