It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
This guy kinda sucks.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Frank Coztansa wrote:
This guy kinda sucks.

Pre-season hero....

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Hopefully he plays next week, since I didn’t see him today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
KDdidit wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Harvard Dan wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

+ :lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Jack was terrible today. Still better than Roquan on a bad day

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
a few good run fits, obviously way more physical than Roquan, will be exposed in pass coverage eventually.

Next years starting LB group will look drastically different, as well a large portion of the starting D, you have a few DB's, but the rest of the guys are backups elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
What he does do well is tackle the ball carrier and appears to know where to be defensively.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Clawmaster wrote:
a few good run fits, obviously way more physical than Roquan, will be exposed in pass coverage eventually.

Next years starting LB group will look drastically different, as well a large portion of the starting D, you have a few DB's, but the rest of the guys are backups elsewhere.

You think Jack Sanborn is more physical than Roquan Smith?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

You think Jack Sanborn is more physical than Roquan Smith?

He caught Hill from behind on an ankle tackle. Could have been luck but I was impressed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
….

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:59 pm 

Many

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:15 pm 

Sanlacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: John's
He's better than rookie linebacker from Green Bay, Queer Walker that's for sure. Now that guy fucking sucks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:36 am 
100000 CLUB

He's in better condition than Roquan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I haven't been able to watch lately - not going to go spend money at a NC sports bar hoping that the Bears are on the 7th screen. And the one weekend they might have been on the local affiliate because Carolina played on a Thursday night, i was in San Diego.

But from what I read, Sanborn sounds very much to be in the Ron Rivera / Dante Jones level - smart and hard-working guys who carve out a 6-8 year career as a 4th linebacker and special teams stalwart on a good team or 2nd linebacker on a bad one. A rough way to make a good living these days, but if he can stay with one franchise for his entire career, he can turn that into a cushy suburban brokerage or real estate gig for the next 20.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Nas wrote:

Takes more stamina to tackle guys 10 yards downfield.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I haven't been able to watch lately - not going to go spend money at a NC sports bar hoping that the Bears are on the 7th screen. And the one weekend they might have been on the local affiliate because Carolina played on a Thursday night, i was in San Diego.

But from what I read, Sanborn sounds very much to be in the Ron Rivera / Dante Jones level - smart and hard-working guys who carve out a 6-8 year career as a 4th linebacker and special teams stalwart on a good team or 2nd linebacker on a bad one. A rough way to make a good living these days, but if he can stay with one franchise for his entire career, he can turn that into a cushy suburban brokerage or real estate gig for the next 20.

Perhaps you are not familiar with this thing called Reddit? Look into it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:17 pm 

He's saving money on housing by living at home

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Tall Midget wrote:

If the team was good, I would consider it. Three hours watching dodgy streams would annoy me when they lose.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:53 pm 

He seems to have done a great job in learning the Blake Martinez trail technique of tackling guys on the wrong side of the line of scrimmage but stat padding.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:56 pm 

He’s about as good as you could hope given he’s an UFA forced into a starting spot on a talentless defense.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:58 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
He’s about as good as you could hope given he’s an UFA forced into a starting spot on a talentless defense.

Agreed, solid special teams guy and back up linebacker, will play several years in the league.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

If the team was good, I would consider it. Three hours watching dodgy streams would annoy me when they lose.

I am not familiar with the "dodgy streams" of which you speak. I've been using the Bears stream for a couple years, and it is always very good or excellent.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:16 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I am not familiar with the "dodgy streams" of which you speak. I've been using the Bears stream for a couple years, and it is always very good or excellent.

Piracy inflates the cost of Bears football for everybody - it’s a very regressive way to enjoy bad football.

Sad!!!1!1!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:

Seems to me that Poles realized right away that Roquan was highly overrated and doubt he ever actually offered him anywhere near what the hapless crackpots in the "Bears Media" reported.

It's become readily apparent that Poles came in and saw a roster full of overpaid and overrated guys that he knew he would get rid of but had to hang on to until he got what he felt was a good offer. James Daniels has been OK, but the rest of the guys he moved on from (Mack, Robinson, Roquan, Hicks, and Quinn) have all had moments, but Mack, Robinson, Hicks, and Quinn are all fading late in the season and have missed numerous games.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:48 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

Seems to me that Poles realized right away that Roquan was highly overrated and doubt he ever actually offered him anywhere near what the hapless crackpots in the "Bears Media" reported.

It's become readily apparent that Poles came in and saw a roster full of overpaid and overrated guys that he knew he would get rid of but had to hang on to until he got what he felt was a good offer. James Daniels has been OK, but the rest of the guys he moved on from (Mack, Robinson, Roquan, Hicks, and Quinn) have all had moments, but Mack, Robinson, Hicks, and Quinn are all fading late in the season and have missed numerous games.

Yeah, it would have been a disaster if he kept those guys.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yep. And though this is the easy part for Poles with the harder parts coming as in rebuilding the roster, it had to be done and I am glad he did it.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:01 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yeah, it would have been a disaster if he kept those guys.

Just about very new GM gets rid of the old GM's players. Poles has been more extreme than many other GMs in this regard, but he was forced to do so since he inherited a team with almost no young talent.

It's good that he realistically appraised what Pace left him. But we still have no idea if he's capable of building a championship roster. Right now, signs are mixed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next