It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:18 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
T-Bone wrote:
Bears Town or whatever they are going to call the small village around the stadium

Rosemont Junior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
How can you not consider COVID as part of this guy’s resume, particularly when he fucked it up so badly?
I have said nothing about Kevin Warren's resume in this thread or anywhere else on the board to the best of my knowledge.

I was speaking about the Caller Bob's, rogue's, and JORR's of the world who want Covid to go away, yet still talk about it every chance they get.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Bears Town or whatever they are going to call the small village around the stadium
Rosemont Junior
Sorry, Wrigleyville already has this trademark applied for.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:56 pm 

Poles and Eberflus have some immediate incentive to perform. I've been reading on line about this being a 5+ year rebuild. That is not acceptable in the NFL, not that the Mc caskey's know.

The next six months will determine whether Poles has a job for life or is done after one contract,

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The five year rebuild includes Poles/Eberflus being fired and then hiring their replacements so they can fuck up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
You should get 1-2 years in the nfl to turn things around to at worst, a cuspy playoff team.

That should be accelerated if you’ve inherited a franchise QB, have the number 1 pick and have the most cap space in the league.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
You should get 1-2 years in the nfl to turn things around to at worst, a cuspy playoff team.

That should be accelerated if you’ve inherited a franchise QB, have the number 1 pick and have the most cap space in the league.

The Bears have 0 players who are currently elite. It's going to take at least 2 more seasons before the Bears are truly competitive.

Poles reporting to Warren is an interesting change to the executive structure.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
The masks are for muzzling the reporters, so that they don't report on the dumpster fire.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:42 pm 

Nas wrote:

The Bears have 0 players who are currently elite. It's going to take at least 2 more seasons before the Bears are truly competitive.

Hard bigotry of no expectations.

Improvement to fringe playoffs next year; playoffs by 2024. Otherwise give Eberflus & Poles the Emery/Trestman treatment.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Nas wrote:

Is that official? I would think Poles might have an issue with that if it was one of the conditions of him (Poles) taking the job. But I don't really care since I think Poles has done a shit job thus far.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

Hard bigotry of no expectations.

Improvement to fringe playoffs next year; playoffs by 2024. Otherwise give Eberflus & Poles the Emery/Trestman treatment.

Maybe they'll shock us. The Lions and Packers missed the playoffs with their talent. It would be insane to demand playoffs by 2024 or else. Poles would have to hit nothing but home runs the next 2 offseasons. I don't think that's a reasonable expectation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:

Is that official? I would think Poles might have an issue with that if it was one of the conditions of him (Poles) taking the job. But I don't really care since I think Poles has done a shit job thus far.

It was in the official statement they released and Poles said that he was a part of the interview process.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
While I think fast turnarounds are expected in the NFL, I think the current FA class is fairly middling and I don’t want Poles to overpay because he feels pressure to make the playoffs next year and spend it all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:13 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
While I think fast turnarounds are expected in the NFL, I think the current FA class is fairly middling and I don’t want Poles to overpay because he feels pressure to make the playoffs next year and spend it all.

He’s probably going to have to overpay a few guys if wants the talent level to improve. The team sucks and may need an entire new front 7 on defense & a bunch of olinemen. Money is the only thing that’s going to motivate anybody to come here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
It’s a great hire. The guy’s resume is stellar. They went outside their usually insular group to get a top notch individual.

A lot of smart folks whiffed on the Covid stuff. The safe choice (politically) was to over correct.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: John's
denisdman wrote:
It’s a great hire. The guy’s resume is stellar. They went outside their usually insular group to get a top notch individual.

A lot of smart folks whiffed on the Covid stuff. The safe choice (politically) was to over correct.

COVID fucked up a lot. You used to be a Libertarian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:59 am 

Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:

It was in the official statement they released and Poles said that he was a part of the interview process.

Wait, Poles interviewed the guy who was going to be his boss?

Mc Claskeys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:11 am 

denisdman wrote:

It looks like a totally non McCaskey type of hire, which is good.

The real loser in all of this is that party planner who was previously their highest minority executive. One day she is at the table hiring GM and personnel, the next she is choosing a fan to run an obstacle course at halftime for a $50 gift certificate.

Post subject: Re: Sweaty Teddy gone!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
How could things possibly be worse? It's been pretty God damn awful since 2006.

As long as the McCaskeys are in ownership you can always bet it can get worse.

That old bitch won't see 101, bank it.. were looking good.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:39 am 

Brick wrote:
His leadership was abysmal during the first year of COVID. Moving Big Ten football to the spring without talking to anyone else but the Pac 12 about doing the same was almost a colossal failure until the OSU AD basically overruled him and said "We are playing in the fall. You make it happen or we will."

He did a great job with the tv deal and expansion though.

Agreed, he was a pushy. He canceled the season and players and their families said fuck you, we want to play..then the sec said we're playing so this clown did a 180.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
denisdman wrote:

I think this is a good callout. As angered and pissed off as I've been all along on COVID response, it's a really short list of powerful people that made the right decision. Warren would have been absolutely buried for acting differently.

I'm not going to get excited about the hire, but it's fair to say the Bears could have picked MUCH worse. Time will tell, but the biggest indicator is that they (for the first time) demonstrate complete separation and authority of Football operations from Business matters. The Bears have a long, long way to go in establishing any kind of credibility.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:02 am 

312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
How could things possibly be worse? It's been pretty God damn awful since 2006.

As long as the McCaskeys are in ownership you can always bet it can get worse.

That old bitch won't see 101, bank it.. were looking good.

"were" looking good as in past tense?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:02 am 

It takes balls and brains to use common sense and not follow the herd.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:13 am 

BigW72 wrote:
I think this is a good callout. As angered and pissed off as I've been all along on COVID response, it's a really short list of powerful people that made the right decision. Warren would have been absolutely buried for acting differently.
3 other conference commissioners, who he didn't work with, did act differently and no one really cared. Of course every Saturday they all had to hope a player didn't die on the field from heart problems but it worked out just fine for them.

It's not that he canceled or didn't cancel the season. It's that he didn't coordinate with the rest of the conferences that mattered. I think he truly thought the SEC was going to just do whatever the Big Ten did.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:18 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:

Wait, Poles interviewed the guy who was going to be his boss?

Mc Claskeys

I don't think Poles would call it that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Brick wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
3 other conference commissioners, who he didn't work with, did act differently and no one really cared. Of course every Saturday they all had to hope a player didn't die on the field from heart problems but it worked out just fine for them.

It's not that he canceled or didn't cancel the season. It's that he didn't coordinate with the rest of the conferences that mattered. I think he truly thought the SEC was going to just do whatever the Big Ten did.

Man....if he thought the SEC gave 2 shits about what Big Ten would do, he's an absolute moron.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:29 am 

312player wrote:
It takes balls and brains to use common sense and not follow the herd.

You are talking about a group of mostly public universities that get government funding. There was a lot of political pressure to shut everything down in the name of safety. Look at what happened with public school districts. There are parents that pay tuition and worried about their kids' health.

I never agreed with the decision and thought the SEC shoved it up the Karens' asses, but it is much tougher for the Big Ten to do that. Their states are not as red as the Big Ten.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:32 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Man....if he thought the SEC gave 2 shits about what Big Ten would do, he's an absolute moron.
He was but he also took the same attitude into the CFP expansion and really hit the SEC/ESPN hard on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:46 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Maybe they'll shock us. The Lions and Packers missed the playoffs with their talent. It would be insane to demand playoffs by 2024 or else. Poles would have to hit nothing but home runs the next 2 offseasons. I don't think that's a reasonable expectation.
Packers who were 4-8 had a win and in game in week 18. The Lions who started 1-6 were alive for the playoffs until about a half hour before their final game kicked off. There is no reason the Bears and their fans shouldn't be striving for 9 wins and a similar situation next season. At the MINIMUM when they show the "In The Hunt" graphic for next year's playoffs in week 14, 15, 16, and/or 17, and/or 18, the Bears should be there next year.

I would take it a step further and say a reasonable expectation is to win at least one playoff game by January 2025. Fringe playoffs next year, possible NFC Title game contender 2024 season, Super Bowl 2025 season. That's the timeline. Anything less is continuing to accept mediocrity if not encouraging it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:47 pm 

The Giants and Seahawks are the two worst teams in the playoffs. The Bears are competitive with both TODAY, even with the denuded defense. They should be better than both going into next season.

I expect the Bears to be borderline playoffs next year. If they don't make it in year 3, both coach and GM should have tight collars.

I expect that Warren will develop a short list of candidates for both jobs immediately, if he doesn't have one already. I'd think, very quietly, he would like the opportunity to hire his guys. My guess is that Eberflus, unless he is great, will be Warren's first target.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next