It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:15 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
More important evidence in assessing Warren's approach to his job concerns his performance in leading development of the Vikings' stadium. To wit:

Quote:
U.S. Bank Stadium, the home of the Minnesota Vikings, will require some $280 million in maintenance to remain in top condition over the next decade, including nearly $48 million next year, according to an architectural assessment released Friday.

"Is there sufficient money to cover these? The answer to that is no," said Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority (MSFA) Chair Michael Vekich. "That is the work that we have to do collectively with [stadium operator] ASM, the Minnesota Vikings and ... the governor and the Legislature."

Apparently these maintenance expenses are routine, yet neither the Vikings nor the MSFA was anticipating them? Were the Vikings, led by Warren at the time, aware of these additional expenses and simply not informing the proper state authorities of these costs? Or was Warren himself simply unaware of the costs? If the first, he's a conman. If the second, he's incompetent.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:20 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Bears should stay in Chicago. There is no need to take any chances.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
The Bears should stay in Chicago. There is no need to take any chances.

The evidence is mounting that the Bears continue to be the most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:30 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Brick wrote:
Now a story came out about how clueless or negligent Warren has been with the tv contracts. He's likely to screw up the stadium too.

With LTG gone, you're the new "Missing Link". Share a source next time. Luckily, TM came to the rescue of your lazy posting

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Now a story came out about how clueless or negligent Warren has been with the tv contracts. He's likely to screw up the stadium too.

With LTG gone, you're the new "Missing Link". Share a source next time. Luckily, TM came to the rescue of your lazy posting

This is what he was talking about:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ncertainty

Just a snippet:

Quote:
Recently, schools have found out:

They are going to have to pay back nearly $40 million to Fox because, according to sources, Warren delivered NBC the Big Ten football title game in 2026 without the full authority to do so. This all has unfolded under the complicated backdrop of the Big Ten conference not actually controlling the rights to the inventory of this latest deal -- the Big Ten Network does, which is majority owned by Fox. (More on that below.)

They are going to have to pay $25 million total for a deal to pay Fox back for lost 2020 football game inventory. This came after an arrangement between Fox and the conference that was unable to muster the lost revenue from the COVID-19 season.

There's tens of millions of dollars of value of the NBC primetime deal in flux, as Petitti has been racing to ensure it keeps as much of its original value as possible. Historically in the Big Ten, after the first weekend in November, schools were not required to play night games for myriad reasons -- health, recovery and campus logistics among them. These were known in league circles as "tolerances," and prior television contracts accounted for them.

Warren screwed up the TV contract and then split for the Bears.

How Arlington Heights, the local communities, or the State can negotiate with this guy about the stadium after this is questionable. It appears he sold a game to NBC that the Big10 had no rights in.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

If all of this is accurate, the Bears won't be leaving Chicago. I can't imagine that Warren would have privately negotiated all of these deals without the knowledge and approval of the major players in the Big Ten or Vikings ownership. It reads like an extremely late hit job. Poles should have done more research before hiring his boss.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

You can't take grandma to Arlington Heights. They have very sick people.

https://abc7chicago.com/assisted-living ... e=facebook

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

What you are saying is correct, but university leaders and their legal teams still approved the deal. Either they didn't read the contract or Warren and university leaders were collectively planning to edge Fox out of the game despite not having the legal power to do so. My guess is that university officials empowered Warren to play dirty in expanding revenue for their institutions, but they are also using him as a fall guy now that he's gone and some powerful coaches and network executives are grousing about the deal.

Having spent much of my life in higher education, I can tell you definitely that it is nearly impossible to underestimate the competence and integrity of so-called university "leaders".

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:10 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
What you are saying is correct, but university leaders and their legal teams still approved the deal. Either they didn't read the contract or Warren and university leaders were collectively planning to edge Fox out of the game despite not having the legal power to do so. My guess is that university officials empowered Warren to play dirty in expanding revenue for their institutions, but they are also using him as a fall guy now that he's gone and some powerful coaches and network executives are grousing about the deal.

Having spent much of my life in higher education, I can tell you definitely that it is nearly impossible to underestimate the competence and integrity of so-called university "leaders".

Skeptical that university presidents actually know much about TV contracts. "Who knew what and when?" seems to apply here.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Peter Puck wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Skeptical that university presidents actually know much about TV contracts. "Who knew what and when?" seems to apply here.

University presidents/chancellors/boards of trustees employ very well compensated legal teams that review these deals for them. Based on advice from their lawyers, all relevant university leaders from the Big 10 approved the deal. If they had a problem with the contract, they could have prevented it from being implemented. Their criticism of the deal now reflects more on them than it does on Warren. Additionally, given the scope and the amount of the contract, the rights and revenue at issue here are very small. This ultimately seems like a political game being played by several parties who have been marginalized in the negotiations, especially ESPN and a few powerful college coaches who likely have cozy relationships with ESPN.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:30 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Fox already knew exactly what they were going to get when the negotiations started, though Warren did somehow give away one of the title games.

At this point, Fox and Big Ten athletics might as well be the same company though just like SEC sports is just an extension of ESPN.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:31 pm 

Nas wrote:
You can't take grandma to Arlington Heights. They have very sick people.

https://abc7chicago.com/assisted-living ... e=facebook

Quote:
Filipe De-Gyves, engaged in a sexual act with the victim as she laid on her bed.

Quote:
De-Gyves, a registered Biden voter...

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:32 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

University presidents/chancellors/boards of trustees employ very well compensated legal teams that review these deals for them. Based on advice from their lawyers, all relevant university leaders from the Big 10 approved the deal. If they had a problem with the contract, they could have prevented it from being implemented. Their criticism of the deal now reflects more on them than it does on Warren. Additionally, given the scope and the amount of the contract, the rights and revenue at issue here are very small. This ultimately seems like a political game being played by several parties who have been marginalized in the negotiations, especially ESPN and a few powerful college coaches who likely have cozy relationships with ESPN.

This is a deal made by the B1G HQ. Yes, the presidents have to sign off. But is each president having school legal staff look at the contract? Maybe, but isn't that what the B1G HQ office and its legal staff is for?

Nonetheless, are each of them thinking Warren was selling a Championship game that the B1G had no right to sell? Or that Warren was selling TV rights that Delaney had sold previously. Makes me wonder whether Warren actually gave them the actual nitty gritty details of the deal. And where was Fox in all of this? He was selling rights Fox actually owns (via the B1G Network).

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Peter Puck wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

This is a deal made by the B1G HQ. Yes, the presidents have to sign off. But is each president having school legal staff look at the contract? Maybe, but isn't that what the B1G HQ office and its legal staff is for?

Nonetheless, are each of them thinking Warren was selling a Championship game that the B1G had no right to sell? Or that Warren was selling TV rights that Delaney had sold previously. Makes me wonder whether Warren actually gave them the actual nitty gritty details of the deal. And where was Fox in all of this? He was selling rights Fox actually owns (via the B1G Network).

Legal teams for universities review just about everything from minor purchasing agreements on up. If they weren't instructed to review a transformative broadcasting contract like this one, then their bosses were severely negligent in carrying out their administrative duties and should be fired. I think it's safe to assume, however, that this agreement went through multiple levels of review by individual institutions prior to ratification.

It's obviously unclear whether or not university leaders knew Warren was selling rights to properties that the Big Ten didn't/doesn't own. But the better question is this: If they knew, would they even care? It would be a grave mistake to think that university officials would prioritize ethics over revenue given the pattern of behavior exhibited by major research institutions such as those in the Big Ten over the past three decades.

Warren may very well be a conman, but it's almost a certainty that the people running Big Ten schools are much worse.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:15 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Legal teams for universities review just about everything from minor purchasing agreements on up. If they weren't instructed to review a transformative broadcasting contract like this one, then their bosses were severely negligent in carrying out their administrative duties and should be fired. I think it's safe to assume, however, that this agreement went through multiple levels of review by individual institutions prior to ratification.

It's obviously unclear whether or not university leaders knew Warren was selling rights to properties that the Big Ten didn't/doesn't own. But the better question is this: If they knew, would they even care? It would be a grave mistake to think that university officials would prioritize ethics over revenue given the pattern of behavior exhibited by major research institutions such as those in the Big Ten over the past three decades.

Warren may very well be a conman, but it's almost a certainty that the people running Big Ten schools are much worse.

I don't know. TV deals and stuff like this is why Delaney and Warren, and their legal staff, have jobs in the first place. I just find it odd that 14 different legal staffs would look at the contract itself in this situation. But then again, the whole thing is odd.

I do not think B1G Presidents are "innocent" though....

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Peter Puck wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I don't know. TV deals and stuff like this is why Delaney and Warren, and their legal staff, have jobs in the first place. I just find it odd that 14 different legal staffs would look at the contract itself in this situation. But then again, the whole thing is odd.

I do not think B1G Presidents are "innocent" though....

It is standard operating procedure for university counsel to review all agreements to which these institutions are party, especially at state institutions. I'm quite certain the athletic departments for all of these schools also reviewed the agreement prior to its approval.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:59 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
It is standard operating procedure for university counsel to review all agreements to which these institutions are party, especially at state institutions. I'm quite certain the athletic departments for all of these schools also reviewed the agreement prior to its approval.

Ok. Though I am unsure that the schools themselves are the "parties," per se, to this agreement. I would think that the "Big Ten Conference, Inc." (which is listed with the IL Sec of State) is the party. But I doubt that changes your analysis.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Kevin Warren seems very adept at accomplishing things that later are deemed to be non-accomplishments but that’s ok because it wasn’t his fault anyway.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Kevin Warren seems very adept at accomplishing things that later are deemed to be non-accomplishments but that’s ok because it wasn’t his fault anyway.

The irony is the extent to which he is a product of and espouses his belief in "inclusive leadership" while evidently exhibiting a pattern of behavior that undermines the concept of a shared vision or common goal within the mission-driven organizations that he ostensibly serves. He is a corporate hatchetman who has commoditized the rhetoric of inclusivity and devout Christianity to insulate himself from criticism while pursuing a self-aggrandizing, sociopathic agenda at the individual and global levels.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Tall Midget wrote:

The irony is the extent to which he is a product of and espouses his belief in "inclusive leadership" while evidently exhibiting a pattern of behavior that undermines the concept of a shared vision or common goal within the mission-driven organizations that he ostensibly serves. He is a corporate hatchetman who has commoditized the rhetoric of inclusivity and devout Christianity to insulate himself from criticism while pursuing a self-aggrandizing, sociopathic agenda at the individual and global levels.

Can you imagine Joe Biden trying to read that off the teleprompter?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Can you imagine Joe Biden trying to read that off the teleprompter?

The irrrrenee…is,is, is….the, uh…he’s a product, see? Espsousssss belief in inclusivity white evidence. Patterns - [whispers creepily] this is about patterns - of organizations of corporates and men with hatches that are self aggran…self aggran….these are real bad jamokes, ya know? It ain’t about Christianity. It ain’t, and that’s not how we did it back in Scranton. It’s about Christianity. On glllbal levels.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

He's trying to project strength, but he doesn't have a viable alternative outside of staying in the spaceship.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kevin-warr ... 40994.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:52 pm 

A six billion dollar franchise, killing a billion dollar stadium deal, over 7 million dollars. Makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
That increase would raise the Bears’ annual property tax bill from $2.8 million to $16.2 million.

16.2 minus 2.8 is not 7, Bob,.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Are you sure you two aren't roommates?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:29 pm 

They'll come to an agreement and Arlington Heights will happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:09 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:
They'll come to an agreement and Arlington Heights will happen.

I wouldn't place a bet on that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:11 am 

If they don't do AH, then they will have to sell the land, most likely at a huge loss. A loss bigger than any tax dispute.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:46 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
If they don't do AH, then they will have to sell the land, most likely at a huge loss. A loss bigger than any tax dispute.

MANY don't believe they'll take a loss on the land. Either way, they would write it off.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:58 am 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

MANY don't believe they'll take a loss on the land. Either way, they would write it off.

Unless there is another billion dollar professional sports team looking for a new home in the Chicago suburbs, their market is kind of limited. They would have to chop it up and sell it as smaller commerical real estate blocks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next