It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: John's
https://theathletic.com/3561783/2022/09 ... etiring-2/

Quote:
Bears president and CEO Ted Phillips to retire after the 2022 season, ending a 23-year run

Last edited by Caller Bob on Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Sweaty Teddy gone!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Glad he's gone, deeply concerned they'll hire someone worse.

Is President-in-waiting Tanesha warming up in the bullpen?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:10 am 

Everythings coming up Millhouse.

He probably has the semi in house job of managing the Arlington Heights project

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:01 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Glad he's gone, deeply concerned they'll hire someone worse.

Is President-in-waiting Tanesha warming up in the bullpen?

Yes this exactly. This is one of those situations of be careful what you wish for you just might get it...

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:09 pm 

How could things possibly be worse? It's been pretty God damn awful since 2006.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:14 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

As long as the McCaskeys are in ownership you can always bet it can get worse.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Is this were mega agent Trace comes in and takes over?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:32 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Mc Caskeys are pretty hands off with the actual running of the on field product. If they luck into hiring good people, I think there is a great chance at a turnaround.

but yes, it sure looks like this points to another non football person who will liason between the Mc Caskeys and their football people

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Isn't there an ex-Cubs/ex-Hawks guys out there?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Cashman wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You're not suggesting the Bears hire McDonough are you? That might give Holmes, Bernsie, Fels, and the rest a coronary.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:09 pm 

That would be a great hire then

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Caller Bob wrote:
That would be a great hire then

Yeah, after I typed it I realized that that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
the bears emailed this to me. credit to anyone willing to read all of this:

Quote:
BEARS PRESIDENT AND CEO TED PHILLIPS TO RETIRE AT CONCLUSION OF

2022 NFL SEASON

Phillips' NFL executive career spans 40 seasons with one of the

NFL's charter franchises

September 2, 2022

Chicago Bears President and Chief Executive Officer Ted Phillips has announced he will retire from his role atop the organization at the conclusion of the 2022 NFL season.

“I have been truly blessed with the honor of working for the Chicago Bears for 40 seasons and look forward to leading the team through the 2022 season. I appreciate the support of the McCaskey family and to be involved in overseeing this amazing growth of the Chicago Bears through the years, is a dream come true,” said Phillips. “Every day has been a true pleasure and being surrounded by so many talented and wonderful people has made my job richly rewarding on many levels. I will always bleed blue and orange and forever be proud to be a part of the Chicago Bears family.”

“He started out with us as a financial expert. Anything that he was ever asked to take care of, he came through and did it very well. We’ve been very blessed to have him,” said Bears owner Virginia Halas McCaskey.

“It’s difficult to put into words how much Ted has meant to the Bears and our family. The faith that Virginia and Ed McCaskey placed in him by naming him President and CEO of the Bears has been rewarded many times over,” said Bears Chairman George H. McCaskey. “He’s the best boss I ever had, and when I became his boss, he handled it graciously, as he has so many other situations. He is held in high regard by his peers around the league, and deservedly so. We are lucky to have had him here as long as we did.”

The search for Phillips’ successor is underway and will be announced by the Bears in the coming months.

A trusted and valued member of the club for nearly 40 years, Phillips was named team President & CEO on February 10, 1999. He is only the fourth person to serve as president in the organization's storied 102-year history, and the first outside the Halas-McCaskey family following Michael McCaskey, George "Mugs" Halas, Jr., and George S. Halas.

Since taking on the leadership role, Phillips has insisted on attention to detail and smooth execution at every level of the Bears operation. He has solidified the long-term stability of the Club, while staying keenly focused on bringing a 10th championship to the NFL's premier franchise.

Phillips has revitalized both the business and football operations by hiring high character, intelligent and driven individuals who share common goals and philosophies on how to build a consistent winner both on and off the field.

During the 2021 season, Phillips restructured the front office in an effort to further promote the club's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts by adding a Senior Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. This newly created position provides executive leadership and guidance to develop and implement a comprehensive DEI strategy across the organization.

For nearly four decades, Phillips has shown effective leadership skills by empowering his executive staff to create an environment of collective responsibility in running the day-to-day operations of the club. Phillips is involved in all critical decisions of the Bears and continues to strive to make all aspects of the Bears organization the best in the NFL. Always insisting on a team-first attitude, Phillips surrounded himself with individuals who fit the organization's character, culture, and values. That team dynamic was crucial in the Bears return to the Super Bowl for the first time in 21 years following the 2006 campaign.

Under Phillips direction, the Bears completely transformed the spaces the organization operates out of both in the city of Chicago and at Halas Hall in Lake Forest. The Bears relocated staff members based out of Soldier Field to a new downtown office space in 2018. The new office space, located at 123 North Wacker Drive, allows Bears staff members to work in the heart of the city, where they are closer to partners and will have workspace that will allow for stronger collaboration and future growth.

In 2012, Phillips oversaw a Halas Hall renovation project that added over 30,000 square feet to the team's headquarters, which opened in 1997. The renovations included additions to the weight and training rooms, an upgraded locker room, additional meeting spaces and offices, and a new event center which features a broadcast studio and conference space.

Then from 2017-19, Phillips oversaw an additional renovation and expansion to Halas Hall, which was completed in August 2019. The expansion is highlighted by a sparkling 162,500-square-foot football operations addition to the already-existing 143,000-square foot facility and a 30,600-square-foot remodeling project on the northeast side of the building. The project, which broke ground in January 2018, has completely transformed the look and feel of the entire facility. Position meeting rooms and the draft room doubled in size, while coaches' offices increased by 50 percent, allowing for improved collaboration. A 3,250-square-foot players' lounge was created, along with a 1,700-square-foot player locker room that now includes a barbershop. The coaches/scouts locker room was also expanded and now includes a sauna and steam room. The weight room increased in size by 2,000 square feet, while the equipment room, recovery space and nutrition/fuel station doubled in size. A 13,000-square-foot indoor turf space was also added, among many other amenities. Additionally, two new football fields were built to the east of the Walter Payton Center in 2018. The new fields allow the Bears to spread out the field use over four fields throughout the offseason and during in-season practices. That project also added a training slope, a storage facility and a small practice viewing suite, much like the existing viewing suite used at Halas Hall for corporate partners and other VIP guests.

Phillips' other highlights include creating and continuing a strong customer service mentality throughout the organization, returning the Bears training camp to Illinois, and presiding over five division championships (2001, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2018) after a decade-long drought.

On the field, the Bears training camp site returned to the State of Illinois in 2002, turning out in record numbers on the campus of Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, Ill., a site they used through the 2019 preseason. The Bears began utilizing their newly renovated facilities in Lake Forest when training camp returned to Halas Hall in 2020 and have held training camp at the team facility each of the last three seasons.

Phillips' leadership was also key in negotiating a new home for the team at Soldier Field. Following an upgraded renovation in 2003, it not only made the club more financially competitive, but it also helped provide the best fans in professional sports with many new stadium amenities and improved the overall gameday experience along the lakefront which has been critical in creating a great home-field advantage.

Phillips served as the Bears Vice President of Operations for six seasons starting in 1993. Recognized for his many years of handling the Bears contract negotiations and team finances, Phillips has recently served on both the NFL's CEC Executive Working Group and the NFL's CBA Player Benefits Plans Committee, and is currently the Chairman for the NFL's Employee Benefits Committee. Phillips also currently serves on the Board of Directors of Bears Care, the philanthropic arm of the Chicago Bears, and the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce.

Before becoming Vice President of Operations, Phillips served as the Director of Finance from 1987-93. Phillips joined the Bears staff on September 28, 1983, as the team's Controller, a position he held for four years.

Prior to joining the Bears, Phillips was employed as an auditor and tax accountant with the international accounting firm Ernst & Whinney (now Ernst & Young), from 1979-83. He graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 1979 with a degree in business and accounting. Phillips earned a Master of Marketing and management degree from the Kellogg Graduate School at Northwestern University in 1989.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Harvard Dan wrote:
Cashman wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You're not suggesting the Bears hire McDonough are you? That might give Holmes, Bernsie, Fels, and the rest a coronary.

I am not saying it is a good hire or a bad hire. I am just saying he built up one of the shittiest organizations in sports.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
23 years in charge
Number of back-to-back winning seasons: 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
23 years in charge
Number of back-to-back winning seasons: 1

And 3 playoff victories.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
There must be at least one or two fairly bright members of the McKaskey family that are embarrassed when the see the amount of money the team is not making under the current stadium situation. It would seem they would be pushing hard to move the franchise into the modern era with a state-of-the-art stadium and the corresponding new revenue streams that would bring making it time to move in a new direction.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:32 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Cashman wrote:

He'll never work in sports again.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Beached whale

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
There was an interesting passage in Dan Wiederer's piece in the Tribune today.

"The Bears dysfunctional pre-draft quarterback search process later came to light revealing, among other things, an astounding disconnect between Pace and then coach John Fox and his offensive staff.

Perhaps Phillips could have identified that sooner and triggered a troubleshooting process. Perhaps he could have been a more engaged leader, helping provide guardrails on that high-stakes drive up a treacherous mountain."

I thought we wanted non-football people less involved in football decisions, not more involved? Does Wiederer honestly think things would be better if Phillips was troubleshooting football problems?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The McCaskey's are dumb as foxes. They don't need to care about winning with revenue sharing. They have incompetents like Pace, Nagy, Fox, Trestman running the on-field team into the ground while team revenue & value increases. Just so long as the team is mediocre. Mediocre will be fine with the new stadium. Throw in a few 2-15 seasons. They don't care. George should win an Oscar for his upset press conferences acting. Now if something happenned behind the scenes involving money with Ted Phillips. That they care about and will remedy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Curious Hair wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Of his own choosing?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:11 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
No, he's unemployable for trying to cover up gay rape.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Curious Hair wrote:
No, he's unemployable for trying to cover up gay rape.

As long as he didn’t gamble on it, that’s a 4-6 game suspension in the NFL.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Phillips retiring / leaving is yet another move that makes too much sense for the Bears. I keep thinking an outside investor has been brought in

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Have there been any updates on candidates to replace him? One blog I read was hoping they’d consider Peyton Manning lol

I haven’t come across any serious mentions tho.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
NME wrote:
Have there been any updates on candidates to replace him? One blog I read was hoping they’d consider Peyton Manning lol

I haven’t come across any serious mentions tho.

I'll be surprised if they don't name Cliff Stein to replace him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Does he have the Woke Mind Virus though?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next