It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Hawk wrote:
I don't get how people can be so down on Fields and ignore the fact that he is making some plays that only one or two quarterbacks in all of football can make.
Because he is not making plays that 26 or 27 quarterbacks all of football execute every game.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
I don't get how people can be so down on Fields and ignore the fact that he is making some plays that only one or two quarterbacks in all of football can make.
Because he is not making plays that 26 or 27 quarterbacks all of football execute every game.

He had about 300 yards of offense in that game yesterday.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:50 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

Fast forward to :55 seconds.

Keyshawn is correct here.

That's true. I noticed it also. IT comes down to lack of talent on the receivers part including the TEs. That was a touchdown with about 90% of the teams. The Bears do not have a legit go to tight end. The guy looked like a town drunk running that "route". We knew this going in that we were going to suffer offensively due to a bad interior offensive line as well as weak receivers. But the offensive coordinator isn't helping that either with his formations and play calls. He's got a terrifically mobile quarterback but keeps him in the middle of the pocket. In short yardage situations he's has the wrong running back in the game. Instead of throwing a short pass to his best tight end, Kmet, he throws it to a guy who hasn't caught one NFL pass in his life, probably.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

While it isn’t fair to put all the blame on Fields -it’s disingenuous for anyone that at least claims to understand football to say Fields looks good or is on his way to looking good.

Fields being bad while his line and receivers are also bad can be simultaneously true, which it is imo.

I was one of the 1st here to stand up for Fields in the off-season saying he’s got to have help to develop, and even I see things that he all on his own is fucking up and making no progress on.

Fields does not look like the guy -for now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
No he isn’t. Watch it from this angle. He's immediately wide open after he chips. The ball is way overthrown. There was absolutely no reason to lead him or throw to a spot.

Except you are mistaken.

It took too long to get a release, and he opened up his shoulders before he should have which lost him the step he needed that would have allowed him to catch the ball.

He didn't do what he has been coached to do. Period. And that's what Johnson points out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
x and o it all you want, that TE is likely not ever faster than that. you don't have to do much as the QB to get it to him. he's wide open. he didn't like stop, or stutter. maybe he should be wide opener...but he's at that point still wide open.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
If the bears get a high draft pick and a shot at a top qb prospect, they are cutting bait with fields. This new regime isnt going down with him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:54 pm 

i agree they will try to draft a new qb. fields looks like a kid out there, and i dont think hes gonna get a whole hell of a lot better.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Fields time holding the ball before being sacked:

5.9 seconds time to sack / 3.8 seconds first pressure
4.4 seconds time to sack / 3.5 seconds first pressure
7.8(!!!) seconds time to sack / 3.3 seconds first pressure
2.2 seconds time to sack
4.6 seconds time to sack

Fields 10 scrambles + 5 sacks = 15 times out of 42 drop backs when Fields doesn't even bother throwing the ball

Fields grades out as worst starting QB as a passer in the league, and it's not close:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hussra wrote:

2.2 seconds time to sack
4.6 seconds time to sack

Fields 10 scrambles + 5 sacks = 15 times out of 42 drop backs when Fields doesn't even bother throwing the ball

Fields grades out as worst starting QB as a passer in the league, and it's not close:

If he had 9 or 10 seconds things would be different.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:53 pm 

NME wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

While it isn’t fair to put all the blame on Fields -it’s disingenuous for anyone that at least claims to understand football to say Fields looks good or is on his way to looking good.

Fields being bad while his line and receivers are also bad can be simultaneously true, which it is imo.

I was one of the 1st here to stand up for Fields in the off-season saying he’s got to have help to develop, and even I see things that he all on his own is fucking up and making no progress on.

Fields does not look like the guy -for now.

Like I said, there aren't 2-3 quarterbacks in all of football who can run like Fields. In terms of raw ability, he is the best quarterback they've had in my lifetime. Even in the Bear's shitty years, they've had decent receivers, good tight ends and a tough defense to keep the game close. This Bear's team have NONE OF THAT. Quite a few of the analysts that I listened to before and after this game, blame the OC for not tailoring the play calling around Field's great talents and not to cramp him in into some predetermined offense where he will get killed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:55 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
If the bears get a high draft pick and a shot at a top qb prospect, they are cutting bait with fields. This new regime isnt going down with him.

Nope. They'd be crazy to do it. It'd be wasting a pick on something that they don't need.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:00 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:

2.2 seconds time to sack
4.6 seconds time to sack

If he had 9 or 10 seconds things would be different.

300 total yards offense. One muffed punt return and a terrible tight end and they'd be 3-3.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
The Hawk wrote:
Quite a few of the analysts that I listened to before and after this game, blame the OC for not tailoring the play calling around Field's great talents and not to cramp him in into some predetermined offense where he will get killed.

So the Bears should implement an offense like Baltimore had Lamar run his first couple seasons? 10 to 12 designed runs a game, 1000+ yards rushing a season? This is the second group of coordinators and coaches to have Fields as their QB...hard to believe none of the big brains on either staff considered all options for Fields. Maybe Fields' next OC will know how to unlock his full potential. Or maybe the coaches know Fields better than we do or tv analysts do and run an offense within his capabilities.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Soup Kitchen
I think the TE opened up his shoulders because he got such a wide open release, he thought it was going to be a simple pitch and catch at that point. The big thing there is probably a lack of chemistry because the Bears really have no defined roles in their pass catchers. The national media saying none of it is Fields' fault lose all credibility instantly.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:46 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
That play was a good topic on the radio. I agreed with the point that when you have the time Fields did, with a guy that wide open, “defended” by a defensive end clueless in pass coverage, a quarterback has to hit the guy in the hands 100 out of 100 times. The only reason that can’t be a touchdown is if the TE drops it or falls down. Waddle rightly pointed out plays hardly ever go 100% according to plan so just because that one didn’t is no excuse for Fields to miss that badly.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:55 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
No he isn’t. Watch it from this angle. He's immediately wide open after he chips. The ball is way overthrown. There was absolutely no reason to lead him or throw to a spot.

Except you are mistaken.

It took too long to get a release, and he opened up his shoulders before he should have which lost him the step he needed that would have allowed him to catch the ball.

He didn't do what he has been coached to do. Period. And that's what Johnson points out.

Jim Miller said on the Score yesterday that Fields made the mistake because there's no way he should miss a guy who's that wide open. It doesn't matter if Griffin didn't run the pattern exactly the way it was drawn up.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hussra wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Quite a few of the analysts that I listened to before and after this game, blame the OC for not tailoring the play calling around Field's great talents and not to cramp him in into some predetermined offense where he will get killed.

So the Bears should implement an offense like Baltimore had Lamar run his first couple seasons? 10 to 12 designed runs a game, 1000+ yards rushing a season? This is the second group of coordinators and coaches to have Fields as their QB...hard to believe none of the big brains on either staff considered all options for Fields. Maybe Fields' next OC will know how to unlock his full potential. Or maybe the coaches know Fields better than we do or tv analysts do and run an offense within his capabilities.

Bears Fans/ Media : The o-Line sucks , Field is getting killed out there !!
Also Bears Fans/ Media: Why arent they running Fields more ????

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

It should have happened 2 weeks ago.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
He helped the end goal of improving their draft pick. I wish him well.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Caller Bob wrote:

They should have abandoned him in Minneapolis.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Except you are mistaken.

Jim Miller said on the Score yesterday that Fields made the mistake because there's no way he should miss a guy who's that wide open. It doesn't matter if Griffin didn't run the pattern exactly the way it was drawn up.

yeah, thats a bad pass.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

:D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:31 am 
100000 CLUB

So I guess we are blaming fumbles that were not lost for the Bears only winning by 19 points on the road on Monday Night :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:37 pm 

Hussra wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

I would say that last night's game pretty well showed the way to use Field's talents as a quarterback. Kudus to the coaching staff for tailoring that game plan around Field's talent and not forcing him to stay in the pocket and get killed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:38 pm 

Fields, Refs, Punt team or defense? Who we going with this week?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

St. Brown and the officials.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The defense, St Brown, the refs and the Jews.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:39 pm 

The officials, the defensive front and the punt team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next