It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Hawk wrote:
Beardown wrote:
W_Z wrote:
I think Nas and I are the only Elway guys, but I watched a lot of him growing up because of where I lived (KC market), and watched him drag teams into the Super Bowl. The NFC was just better all around but Elway was masterful in his ability to spread the ball around and make plays.

He earned the right to be pulled into winning those last 2.

I agree with you and Nas. I think Elway is the best ever. I've always said this. Like we all know, stats from the 80s and 90s guys won't compare to the current guys. Rules changes and back then QBs were able to get destroyed by defenses with no penalties. But Elway is the most talented QB ever.

You can't take it away from Brady. I'd put Elway about 7 or 8. As for most talented ever, I think Mahomes is the best ever.

:lol: Mahomes isnt even the most talented in his conference .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The Hawk wrote:
Beardown wrote:
W_Z wrote:
I think Nas and I are the only Elway guys, but I watched a lot of him growing up because of where I lived (KC market), and watched him drag teams into the Super Bowl. The NFC was just better all around but Elway was masterful in his ability to spread the ball around and make plays.

I agree with you and Nas. I think Elway is the best ever. I've always said this. Like we all know, stats from the 80s and 90s guys won't compare to the current guys. Rules changes and back then QBs were able to get destroyed by defenses with no penalties. But Elway is the most talented QB ever.

You can't take it away from Brady. I'd put Elway about 7 or 8. As for most talented ever, I think Mahomes is the best ever.

No recency bias there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
badrogue17 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Beardown wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Que?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Beardown wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Yes he is.

Allen will have to win a SB to supplant him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Beardown wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Que?

A guy winning a regular season game on the road means he’s better than a guy who won a Super Bowl. Also that guy doesn’t have a fruity brother that does TikTok dances (that we know of).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:56 am 

The Hawk wrote:
But one thing is clear to me and that is Fields has more natural talent at the quarterback position than anyone I have ever seen on the Bears.:

Said no one, ever.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
According to Haugh, Jalen Hurts is now the proper comp for Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I'm not ready to put Jalen Hurts in Canton, but Fields would be lucky to be comparable to Jalen Hurts :lol:

David Haugh isn't new to being a complete idiot.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I can see where Hurts and Fields could be a comparison on some level, but after watching last nights game it just looks like Hurts is a lot more confident than Fields and I know there are reasons for that regarding talent around him, but there was an air of confidence and leadership around Hurts that I think is hard to teach. I have never been really impressed with Hurts to be honest but last night was the first time Ive seen him play this year and he really seem unquestionably to be the leader on that offense and that impressed me. Maybe Fields can find that, he is pretty young but he seems to be a beat slow with all his decisions and doesn't seem to have the confidence of the team because he doesn't seem to have the confidence in himself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
badrogue17 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Beardown wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Who is?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
BigW72 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I'm not ready to put Jalen Hurts in Canton, but Fields would be lucky to be comparable to Jalen Hurts :lol:

There should be some kind of rule that no Haugh comment should ever be repeated.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:20 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Beardown wrote:
W_Z wrote:

No recency bias there.

I don't think it is recency bias. It is tough to compare generations of players. No question about it. I am not saying that Mahomes is the best quarterback of all time. He needs to stay healthy and win a few more championships at least. But I think he does things on a football field that no quarterback in history has ever done. And he really looks like he is toying with the defense with his footwork and arm. Steve Young was a good comp by the way but he was much more experienced when he entered the NFL after his AFL days.

As for recency, I loved to watch Joe Montana play quarterback and he is my all time number two guy. Another guy who was a terrific quarterback who had a limited lifetime in the NFL was Broadway Joe. It's too bad that he got crippled up because he was an amazing runner and as strong an arm as anyone who played the game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:22 pm 

Nardi wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

There should be some kind of rule that no Haugh comment should ever be repeated.

Put some receivers and offensive linemen on the team and then lets talk about "comps"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:11 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Beardown wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Who is?

Theres nothing Mahomes does throwing the ball that Allen cant do and Allen is a better runner .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
Theres nothing Mahomes does throwing the ball that Allen cant do and Allen is a better runner .
Then why has Mahomes played in two Super Bowls defeated Allen twice in the playoffs?

Gee....wonder what the main difference between the two guys is ? I mean, other than winning ?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Jenkins says Fields played a nearly flawless game last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iHGt5hTj2E.

He gives some pretty good analysis of what the Bears are doing with motions and routes, and how Fields is reading the field.

He doesn't seem concerned about the fumbles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
He's extremely biased. The comment about Fields getting a plus plus, but him never giving Brady one was ridiculous.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:10 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Jenkins says Fields played a nearly flawless game last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iHGt5hTj2E.

He gives some pretty good analysis of what the Bears are doing with motions and routes, and how Fields is reading the field.

He doesn't seem concerned about the fumbles.

:lol: My god how low the bar is set with this guy if that was “ near flawless” .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Kurt Warner and the Mannings are all saying the same thing: get the ball out quicker. I haven't listened to Jenkins and Dilfer this week yet but am interested to compare their insight against that of Warner and the Mannings.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Kurt Warner and the Mannings are all saying the same thing: get the ball out quicker. I haven't listened to Jenkins and Dilfer this week yet but am interested to compare their insight against that of Warner and the Mannings.

Almost everybody says that on at least some of the plays.

The problem is there are a significant number of "gray area" plays where (due to lack of proper camera angles) it's not clear if Fields is holding the ball too long because no one is open, holding the ball because he wants to make a big play instead of taking the layup, holding the ball because he doesn't sense pressure, or holding the ball because he's not seeing open receivers.

The Mannings and Warner needed to get rid of the ball super quickly because they all had average or below average mobility in the pocket. Fields is obviously more gifted in this area, so coaching him to "get the ball out quicker" on all plays will not necessarily be the best advice.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:30 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Beardown wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Who is?

I just disagree on both counts. Allen is clearly a stronger football player but he cannot make the throws that Mahomes can make from the standpoint of arm angles and touch. Both have very strong arms. Allen is a stronger runner and a load to bring down, but no quarterback has the footwork that Mahomes has nor the elusiveness.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:35 pm 

Really enjoyed Dilfer with Parkins and meat today. I think he does a pretty good job of being balanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEnfjKevBt4

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Fetterman better hope that Jenkins reviews his debate performance.

But, in all seriousness....If these guys are going to say that he play well in the first 6 games, I'm not sure there is much to learn from them going forward. If Washington was 'B' performance for example, Fields should get straight A+'s the rest of the way.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Tall Midget wrote:
The Mannings and Warner needed to get rid of the ball super quickly because they all had average or below average mobility in the pocket. Fields is obviously more gifted in this area, so coaching him to "get the ball out quicker" on all plays will not necessarily be the best advice.

True, but it's in Fields best interests to get the ball out quicker. Josh Allen has pretty good mobility, but he still prioritizes getting the pass out first.

Overall, I'm taking the gospel of Warner and Mannings over Jenkins and Dilfer.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
BigW72 wrote:
I'll take any of the four over the 2nd grade level musings of Caller Bob and badrouge as well.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

True, but it's in Fields best interests to get the ball out quicker. Josh Allen has pretty good mobility, but he still prioritizes getting the pass out first.

Dilfer is very reasonable when it comes to evaluating Fields. He recognizes that mobility is a huge part of Fields' game whereas I don't think Warner takes that into account at all.

It will take Fields a long time to become a pure pocket passer, assuming that goal is even attainable (or desirable) for him. But he might be able to maximize his potential without becoming a pure pocket passer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Tall Midget wrote:

It will take Fields a long time to become a pure pocket passer, assuming that goal is even attainable (or desirable) for him. But he might be able to maximize his potential without becoming a pure pocket passer.

Being a running QB might maximize his potential in terms of the team’s success, but he’ll probably figure out it’s not in his financial interest as he’s likely to get hurt and may face a Lamar Jackson situation where he can’t get paid because of concerns over his style.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Being a running QB might maximize his potential in terms of the team’s success, but he’ll probably figure out it’s not in his financial interest as he’s likely to get hurt and may face a Lamar Jackson situation where he can’t get paid because of concerns over his style.

Can he be a starter without running? As of right now, I'd say the answer is a resounding "no".

He is going to need at least a couple years to sort out his short throwing game and pocket presence issues.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:53 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I don't think that they are developing him as a "running quarterback". At least I hope they aren't because he won't last long in the NFL being a "running quarterback." I wouldn't consider Mahomes a "running" Qb. Would you? All runners slow down as they age, right, and considering the contact that they experience, their shelf life as an NFL qb will be short. What I see is Fields being able to use footwork and vision to move around though and escape pressure and being tackled. That is something that older qbs like Rodgers, and guys like Steve Young, Montana,and others kept throughout their career.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:58 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Can he be a starter without running? As of right now, I'd say the answer is a resounding "no".

He is going to need at least a couple years to sort out his short throwing game and pocket presence issues.

I don't think so. He is already sorting it out. Also, why is it so important for Fields to be a "pure pocket passer"? Seems to me that Montana, Elway, Rodgers, Young, Bradshaw, Rothlesburger, and others were able to extend the plays by leaving the pocket well into their respective careers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next