It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:39 am 

I know it is fun to get mad when they lose and place blame and act like everyone should be fired but the long term goal is to be good next year or a few years from now and get over the huge amount of lost draft picks they've had and replace Fields with a top pick.

The worst thing that probably could have happened was the Bears winning that game. They may have improved draft position by 3 spots there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:43 am 

When Brick is right he is right.

The best thing that could happen is they lose out. They get a top 3-5 draft pick and have a ton of money in FA.

Then the clock will start rolling on Poles and Eberflus.

They spend the rest of the year evaluating Fields. The only real concern in this plan is if they think Fields is the guy moving forward how much does this year set him back mentally

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:
I know it is fun to get mad when they lose and place blame and act like everyone should be fired but the long term goal is to be good next year or a few years from now and get over the huge amount of lost draft picks they've had and replace Fields with a top pick.

The worst thing that probably could have happened was the Bears winning that game. They may have improved draft position by 3 spots there.

I don't agree that the baseball/basketball models of tanking work in the NFL. Teams come out of nowhere to win all the time. People should be mad at Poles for not surrounding Fields with enough talent to see if he's the guy or not. When Smith-Marsette is a pass-"catcher" on the Bears, you're not helping your QB out.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Best possible outcome is they lose and Fields plays well. It’s a good, but less good, outcome that they lose and Fields has proven to be trash so they can move on next year.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:52 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Best possible outcome is they lose and Fields plays well. It’s a good, but less good, outcome that they lose and Fields has proven to be trash so they can move on next year.

I wish we had professional WRs on the Bears because it would make the evaluation easier. Fields clearly sucks at times, but at the same time his WRs can't catch anything. This would be easier if the WRs were any good.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:52 am 

Brick wrote:

can't get Fields killed in the process

There was potential for game winning drives in each of the last three weeks if not for Velus, Smith Marsette and Pettis. How differently would we look at him if he was successful?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:53 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:

I don't agree that the baseball/basketball models of tanking work in the NFL. Teams come out of nowhere to win all the time. People should be mad at Poles for not surrounding Fields with enough talent to see if he's the guy or not. When Smith-Marsette is a pass-"catcher" on the Bears, you're not helping your QB out.

NFL teams tank for a year all the time. If anything, it's more effective than in baseball and basketball because all it takes is a year, or in extreme circumstances, two years.

They've already determined Fields isn't the guy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Worst thing that happened this year was winning the 49er game

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:57 am 

It will be another tank job next year with yet another new QB.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Brick wrote:

Are you suggesting they're tanking on purpose ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i guess maybe there isn't a difference, but i kinda think its different you are trying to win and just suck and lose, vs. you're trying to lose on purpose.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:04 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

I wish we had professional WRs on the Bears because it would make the evaluation easier. Fields clearly sucks at times, but at the same time his WRs can't catch anything. This would be easier if the WRs were any good.

If he were consistently making good throws and we didn’t get a bunch of screenshots after questionable plays showing guys wide open, sure, I’m with you.

I’m not sure he does anything well. He gets the occasional long run, which makes him a less efficient Mitch to this point.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:05 am 

Bagels wrote:
i guess maybe there isn't a difference, but i kinda think its different you are trying to win and just suck and lose, vs. you're trying to lose on purpose.

It is one of those weird dynamics where both things are happening at the same time. Poles has them on plan to tank. Eberflus and team are doing everything they can to win games. But it seems clearer each week what Poles overall goal is in this year. I would love to hear some of the behind the scenes conversations between GM and Coach.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:07 am 

Bagels wrote:

Players are trying but there’s no real evidence that the front office is trying to win.

It was consistently hammered pre-season that Poles’ only attempt to help Fields was to sign KC’s 8th string WR and draft a 30yr old punt returner with no hands.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Unless there is a can't miss QB like Manning or Luck, tanking is stupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:38 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
One Yard Montgomery and Fields will put the Bears in a great position to get the 1st pick in the draft.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
conns7901 wrote:
It will be another tank job next year with yet another new QB.

from what I've seen this year unless there is truly a can't miss QB they should just draft the other positions or you are dropping another new QB into a room full of hot garbage. And really, it's the Bears, they can always miss.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:42 am 

Bagels wrote:
Brick wrote:

Are you suggesting they're tanking on purpose ?

The players and coaches aren't trying to lose. Every move by the GM has been to tank this year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:43 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

If the goal is to get a quarterback next year in the first round would you rather pick 2nd or 9th?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:46 am 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If the goal is to get a quarterback next year in the first round would you rather pick 2nd or 9th?

It doesn't matter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:57 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It doesn't matter
You can't honestly believe there is no difference between drafting 2nd and 9th.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:59 am 

The QB at 9 could easily be better than the QB drafted at 2. Whoever the Bears draft is destined to suck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:02 am 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
The QB at 9 could easily be better than the QB drafted at 2. Whoever the Bears draft is destined to suck.

Great video last night you little ray of sunshine you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:04 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Brick wrote:

RFDC wrote:
When Brick is right he is right.

The best thing that could happen is they lose out. They get a top 3-5 draft pick and have a ton of money in FA.

Then the clock will start rolling on Poles and Eberflus.

They spend the rest of the year evaluating Fields.
Hard not to argue with any of this. Though I do think the attitude in the locker room can definitely improve with a few wins. Guys put in the work each week and seeing the fruits of your labor isn't necessarily a bad thing, even if it means picking 7th instead of 3rd.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Caller Bob wrote:

So you wouldn't want to draft the best OL or DL in the draft at #4 or #5?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:16 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Of course, all things being equal its always better to have a higher pick. But all things aren't equal. It's not worth gutting a team and suffering a terrible season just to get a marginally higher pick (unless of course there is a sure fire franchise QB sitting there)..I mean..yeah the Bears should have tanked in 1998 (but they probably would have drafted Leaf).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:16 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

So draft position doesn't matter? Why do trades happen?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:20 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Of course, all things being equal its always better to have a higher pick. But all things aren't equal. It's not worth gutting a team and suffering a terrible season just to get a marginally higher pick (unless of course there is a sure fire franchise QB sitting there)..I mean..yeah the Bears should have tanked in 1998 (but they probably would have drafted Leaf).

Which players did the Bears let go that you wish they retained? Which free agent WR is setting the league on fire?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:20 am 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

So draft position doesn't matter? Why do trades happen?

As I addressed to Woflley, of course the higher pick is better, but there is a cost to tank, to get that higher pick, which always isn't worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:21 am 
Site Admin

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'll take that DT from Georgia, Jordan Davis.