It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
RFDC wrote:
The only real concern in this plan is if they think Fields is the guy moving forward how much does this year set him back mentally

That's the age-old question. Is this shitty offensive line going to give him PTSD? After this season, Fields will have put up with this bullshit over 27 games.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Caller Bob wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Unless there is a can't miss QB like Manning or Luck, tanking is stupid

So you wouldn't want to draft the best OL or DL in the draft at #4 or #5?

Of course, all things being equal its always better to have a higher pick. But all things aren't equal. It's not worth gutting a team and suffering a terrible season just to get a marginally higher pick (unless of course there is a sure fire franchise QB sitting there)..I mean..yeah the Bears should have tanked in 1998 (but they probably would have drafted Leaf).

So last year was better to suffer through with only 6 wins, and a bloated payroll, full of over the hill veterans?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:23 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Seacrest wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'll take that DT from Georgia, Jordan Davis.

*Checks notes* You're not helping Fields!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:25 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Ron Wolfley wrote:
RFDC wrote:
The only real concern in this plan is if they think Fields is the guy moving forward how much does this year set him back mentally

That's the age-old question. Is this shitty offensive line going to give him PTSD? After this season, Fields will have put up with this bullshit over 27 games.

Poor Justin Fields. If only he had 10 seconds to make a decision.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:25 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Honestly if they are worried about Fields' mentally, then he isn't the guy. A true franchise QB will take his lumps, learn, and come out the other side stronger and better mentally and physically. If Fields can't deal with it mentally right now, then you have to move on because at some point down the road even if the Bears have a great OLine, there will be a bad game where he will get hit a ton.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Of course, all things being equal its always better to have a higher pick. But all things aren't equal. It's not worth gutting a team and suffering a terrible season just to get a marginally higher pick (unless of course there is a sure fire franchise QB sitting there)..I mean..yeah the Bears should have tanked in 1998 (but they probably would have drafted Leaf).

So last year was better to suffer through with only 6 wins, and a bloated payroll, full of over the hill veterans?

When would you like the Bears to win? Maybe we should tank next year too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:30 am 

Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Jordan Davis is currently on the Eagles, unless you are going to trade for him...are you talking about current Bulldog Jalen Carter? They might just have to draft a dlineman. The Bears dline is awful. Zero pass rush, I am suprised the defense is playing as well as it has with a dline that can't can any pressure whatsoever.

Last edited by Caller Bob on Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:30 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The QB at 9 could easily be better than the QB drafted at 2. Whoever the Bears draft is destined to suck.

So draft position doesn't matter? Why do trades happen?

As I addressed to Woflley, of course the higher pick is better, but there is a cost to tank, to get that higher pick, which always isn't worth it.

But it is worth it if you already have a lot of flaws.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:31 am 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Bears have been competitive in every game this year.

That's not tanking.

On most Sundays, games are lost, not won Bob. More then 75% of games are won by the teams with less turnovers.

Now that you understand how the cap works, there was no money to sign high end FA's this year. And Scantling never qualified as one either.

But next year with a lot of money, and an almost entirely new team, it will be easier to see where this team is headed under Poles.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:31 am 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Jordan Davis is currently on the Eagles, unless you are going to trade for him...are you talking about current Bulldog Jalen Carter?

Thanks Bob for correcting my mistake.

Yeah, that guy. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:32 am 
100000 CLUB

Bob will mention the GB week two game right....about......NOW!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:33 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

That's not tanking.

On most Sundays, games are lost, not won Bob. More then 75% of games are won by the teams with less turnovers.

Now that you understand how the cap works, there was no money to sign high end FA's this year. And Scantling never qualified as one either.

But next year with a lot of money, and an almost entirely new team, it will be easier to see where this team is headed under Poles.

Two have those games have been (possibly) lost by one of Poles prodigies, so forgive me if I don't have faith in his drafting prowless....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:54 am 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

That's not tanking.

Caller Bob wrote:
Two have those games have been (possibly) lost by one of Poles prodigies, so forgive me if I don't have faith in his drafting prowless....

If you are going to judge Poles by Velus Jones, I'm not going to stop you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
If they end up drafting in the top five it makes sense to find out which teams that are a spot or two behind them have fallen in love with a QB and get them bidding against each other, there are so many needs on this team that they need to stockpile as many early picks as possible.

That is of course if Poles has not already made up his mind on Fields and wants to build around his guy, which is entirely possible given the beating they are letting the kid take this year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Clawmaster wrote:
If they end up drafting in the top five it makes sense to find out which teams that are a spot or two behind them have fallen in love with a QB and get them bidding against each other, there are so many needs on this team that they need to stockpile as many early picks as possible.

That is of course if Poles has not already made up his mind on Fields and wants to build around his guy, which is entirely possible given the beating they are letting the kid take this year.

Based on the evidence so far, including all the mitigating circumstances around him, I wonder what Fields would bring in a hypothetical trade. Some have suggested he'd be the first pick in the draft if he had come out next year. He's two years into his rookie deal, so I'm not sure how to adjust for that, but would he would bring a top-5 pick? I don't think Poles would get anything close to that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
There is zero chance Justin fields commands a top-5 pick in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

The absolute best you could probably get for him would be maybe to swap second round picks and move up a little. Maybe a 3rd and a 6th otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The fact that the bears would be giving up on him after two ineffective years would be a huge red flag, nobody is trading any picks of value for him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Cardinals got as late 2nd and a next year 5th round for Josh Rosen, but that was after only a year. Probably Fields trade value would have been more this past off-season than it will be after another season of Fields filling out the bottom of the QB rankings. Tho I could see some team willing to part with draft capital to have Fields as a backup on a relatively cheap for a backup QB rookie deal. Maybe a 3rd round pick or early 4th round pick--depending on where the team trading for Fields falls in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
The bears have been competitive outside the packers game so far, small sample size combined with a monsoon..they get steamrolled on a dry field. This was the easy part of the schedule too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:21 pm 

Bears have relatively tough games at NE at Dallas next 2 weeks, then they hit 4 winnable games: host a Dolphins team with possibly a practice squad QB, host the always beatable Lions and then at Atlanta, at the comically incompetent Jets. Schedule from there is tough, but they still get a 2nd crack at the Lions after the Packers, Eagles, Bills gauntlet before finishing the season hosting the Vikings.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Hussra wrote:
Bears have relatively tough games at NE at Dallas next 2 weeks, then they hit 4 winnable games: host a Dolphins team with possibly a practice squad QB, host the always beatable Lions and then at Atlanta, at the comically incompetent Jets. Schedule from there is tough, but they still get a 2nd crack at the Lions after the Packers, Eagles, Bills gauntlet before finishing the season hosting the Vikings.

I'm thinking we lose to Detroit both games, they can score. They beat the skins by 12..the Bears couldn't even score 12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:20 pm 

Nah, the Lions are to the Bears as the Bears are to the Packers. Bears should at least split with Detroit. But more likely Chicago wins both.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Clawmaster wrote:

I certainly hope not. The beating that Fields takes is when they lock him into a pocket and not when he is running. He knows how to protect himself but when all of the hounds surround that fox, there is no where to go and he gets hit. Fields was also very lucky by a few of the cheap shot artists on the Commanders defensive like where they tackled him low and twisted his leg.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:31 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Based on the evidence so far, including all the mitigating circumstances around him, I wonder what Fields would bring in a hypothetical trade. Some have suggested he'd be the first pick in the draft if he had come out next year. He's two years into his rookie deal, so I'm not sure how to adjust for that, but would he would bring a top-5 pick? I don't think Poles would get anything close to that.

That is ludicrous. No way would you have a guy like Fields and trade for a draft pick.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:33 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The absolute best you could probably get for him would be maybe to swap second round picks and move up a little. Maybe a 3rd and a 6th otherwise.

Unbelievable.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:37 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
The fact that the bears would be giving up on him after two ineffective years would be a huge red flag, nobody is trading any picks of value for him.

Won't have to worry about that. the Bear's are going to ride the guy into the play-offs next season and beyond. $100M+ and a full array of draft picks makes next year's team an entirely different enterprise.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:40 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Cardinals got as late 2nd and a next year 5th round for Josh Rosen, but that was after only a year. Probably Fields trade value would have been more this past off-season than it will be after another season of Fields filling out the bottom of the QB rankings. Tho I could see some team willing to part with draft capital to have Fields as a backup on a relatively cheap for a backup QB rookie deal. Maybe a 3rd round pick or early 4th round pick--depending on where the team trading for Fields falls in the draft.

Now that is really funny. :drunken:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:43 pm 

Hussra wrote:

They can beat NE. They are over-rated. The should have beaten the Vikings and they are better than NE.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:21 am 
100000 CLUB

Posted Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:25am

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Honestly if they are worried about Fields' mentally, then he isn't the guy. A true franchise QB will take his lumps, learn, and come out the other side stronger and better mentally and physically. If Fields can't deal with it mentally right now, then you have to move on because at some point down the road even if the Bears have a great OLine, there will be a bad game where he will get hit a ton.
Damn. I wish I ended up being wrong.