It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears Trade
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
RFDC wrote:
Good for him. He believed that was what he was worth and he got them to believe that.

I am still glad the Bears did not give him that deal.

I agree. He bet on himself and got what he wanted. Its a great story.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:12 am 

Ravens fans consider him the centerpiece of their defense and a reason they were better as soon as he arrived.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
With all the QB movement about to take place I think this works out great for us. Guys like Winston,Wentz,Daulton, Darnold,Heideke, Tannehill will be brought in as veteran backups. I think Garopolo ,Carr will start somewhere, Geno stays in Seattle, and Brady retires.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I don't see Brady retiring, maybe I'm crazy though. I think going home to San Francisco would be a great fit. Going from Tampa's offensive line to San Francisco's would be night and day. I remember Brady's dad mentioning he wanted to end his career with the 49ers (along with mentioning he thinks his son would play into his mid to late 40s).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
I don't see Brady retiring, maybe I'm crazy though. I think going home to San Francisco would be a great fit. Going from Tampa's offensive line to San Francisco's would be night and day. I remember Brady's dad mentioning he wanted to end his career with the 49ers (along with mentioning he thinks his son would play into his mid to late 40s).

Purdy> Brady

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
good dolphin wrote:
Ravens fans consider him the centerpiece of their defense and a reason they were better as soon as he arrived.

He’s an excellent player who gets better when surrounded with other good players.

Bears fans are happy with Jack Sanborn and a 5yr rebuild.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He’s an excellent player who gets better when surrounded with other good players.

Made no sense for the Bears to throw all kinds of future paper at a guy whose speed (which is his only real attribute) will be on the decline in 2-3 years when the team will be rebuilt enough to be competitive, steer that money toward Julian Davenport or Payne in FA and you will get a guy that impacts every play at the line of scrimmage.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:37 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Made no sense for the Bears to throw all kinds of future paper at a guy whose speed (which is his only real attribute) will be on the decline in 2-3 years when the team will be rebuilt enough to be competitive, steer that money toward Julian Davenport or Payne in FA and you will get a guy that impacts every play at the line of scrimmage.

I agree with that, especially at his position. Makes no sense to buy a Maserati when you live in a trailer.

I think there was some element of ‘good riddance’ after he left given some of the off field drama that ignored how good he is (which has been on full display in Baltimore).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Clawmaster wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I agree with that, especially at his position. Makes no sense to buy a Maserati when you live in a trailer.

I think there was some element of ‘good riddance’ after he left given some of the off field drama that ignored how good he is (which has been on full display in Baltimore).

Forget any improvement Baltimore showed after getting Roquan. I think the decline in the Bears defense after Roquan left was far more noticeable. I don't think he was worth his asking price and they made the right call, but the defense from bad to complete horseshit once Roquan left.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:21 pm 

The SEC LB you pick up in the 2nd or 3rd round will make you forget the name Roquan Smith quickly.

Really only watched him closely in the Steelers game, and saw him frantically running around trying to avoid contact with Najee Harris, or missing tackles..kinda the same thing he did with the Bears. They gave him a lot of money, but the vaunted "team chemistry" guys like Bernstein droned on and on about under Captain Grab Ass Nagy was likely light years away from the accountability and professionalism with the Ravens under a legit NFL coach, so maybe he will actually apply himself to his craft.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
BigW72 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Forget any improvement Baltimore showed after getting Roquan. I think the decline in the Bears defense after Roquan left was far more noticeable. I don't think he was worth his asking price and they made the right call, but the defense from bad to complete horseshit once Roquan left.

The Bears defense was fine until Sanborn and the entire secondary got injured

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:30 pm 

They weren’t fine all year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
They weren’t fine all year.

I don't want to revisit it. I'll just say that Sanborn appeared to make more of an impact than Roquan after his first two games.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Clawmaster wrote:
The SEC LB you pick up in the 2nd or 3rd round will make you forget the name Roquan Smith quickly.

Quay Walker says hi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:06 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Quay Walker says hi

Quay Walker will be fine if we can just get him to stop pushing sideline personnel.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:07 pm 

Nah, he was pretty bad when he wasn't being a lunatic.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:10 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Nah, he was pretty bad when he wasn't being a lunatic.

Not true at all, struggled early for sure but was getting better and better as the season went on. I also still would like to see him get a chance as a edge rusher.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:13 pm 

Not a bad idea, cause he sure can't play inside linebacker.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:15 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

You are a quitter giving up on guys way to quick.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:09 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That's a good assessment. It is nonsense to try and downplay the worth of Smith. He proved his "worth" on the field without a lot of bluster and false bravado. He bet on himself and let his play value his worth. Good for him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Hawg Ass wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

With one exception. Lauri Markkanen. All I heard from Bob for 5 years was Lauri Markkanan this and Lauri Markkanen that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:48 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

With one exception. Lauri Markkanen. All I heard from Bob for 5 years was Lauri Markkanan this and Lauri Markkanen that.

Because he's gay and markenan seems like horse cock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:16 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Nah. I am happy with Sanborn but not a 5 yr. rebuild.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:23 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Come-on. I would have loved it if they have signed Smith because he is arguably the best linebacker in his position of the field and makes every other defensive player better because of it. I understand why they didn't do it and that's okay but to undervalue Smith is silly.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:32 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:

Really only watched him closely in the Steelers game, and saw him frantically running around trying to avoid contact with Najee Harris, or missing tackles..kinda the same thing he did with the Bears. They gave him a lot of money, but the vaunted "team chemistry" guys like Bernstein droned on and on about under Captain Grab Ass Nagy was likely light years away from the accountability and professionalism with the Ravens under a legit NFL coach, so maybe he will actually apply himself to his craft.

Funny stuff. Any 2nd or 3rd round guy eh? That really in itself is funny. Just because the guy bet on himself and made it pay off, you don't like him standing up for himself and not the "be a good team player" and settle for what we deem your worth to be?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:07 am 

The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Funny stuff. Any 2nd or 3rd round guy eh? That really in itself is funny. Just because the guy bet on himself and made it pay off, you don't like him standing up for himself and not the "be a good team player" and settle for what we deem your worth to be?

It was really the Bears not wanting to make a long term commitment to a guy that tends to drift from time to time, not seeing him as a building block or leader for a young team where he would be expected to set an example and tell young guys what to do.

He can be just a guy on the Baltimore D where there are already grown ass men to tell him what to do.

Do not want to be on the books for all that bad paper two years from now when he's lost a step.

A Levine type guy where he's a good player on a bad/average team, but just a guy on a championship level team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:26 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Caller Bob wrote:

There is a big difference between playing MLB in a 4-3, and ILB in a 3-4.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:29 pm 

Always interesting to hear/read rumors this time of year, but did hear a few places that the Colts supposedly love Levis and that there are quite a few teams that do not believe in Bryce Young, if any of this is true it certainly adds credence to the Colts being the most likely trade suitor.

If the Colts and Texans both think Levis is the only true QB 1 you get a scenario where you can get them bidding against each other, maybe get the Texans to pony up a nice package and just move down one spot, then you clear your phone and start taking offers for the number two pick.

The playoffs are showing that it does not take too long to make a bad NFL team into a playoff team, so expect the Bears to be able to put together a much more competitive roster and get the 8-9 wins that will likely be all you need to contend for the playoffs in the NFC.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Clawmaster wrote:
Always interesting to hear/read rumors this time of year, but did hear a few places that the Colts supposedly love Levis and that there are quite a few teams that do not believe in Bryce Young, if any of this is true it certainly adds credence to the Colts being the most likely trade suitor.

If the Colts and Texans both think Levis is the only true QB 1 you get a scenario where you can get them bidding against each other, maybe get the Texans to pony up a nice package and just move down one spot, then you clear your phone and start taking offers for the number two pick.

The playoffs are showing that it does not take too long to make a bad NFL team into a playoff team, so expect the Bears to be able to put together a much more competitive roster and get the 8-9 wins that will likely be all you need to contend for the playoffs in the NFC.

I keep hearing that the colts are gonna offer 3 picks and possibly 2 players as a package for the #1 pick. If you can get a #1 this year and next, a 2nd rounder this year, and Pittman/Nelson, I think ya gotta take it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:10 pm 

Buckner is really the one guy I'd want

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next