It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
I would say no to this. I doubt the Bengals would want to trade Higgins.

TRADE:
CHI receives: Tee Higgins, 2023 1st-round pick (No. 28 overall), 2023 2nd-round pick (No. 59 overall), 2024 3rd-round pick
CIN receives: 2023 1st-round pick (No. 2 overall)

https://sports.yahoo.com/bears-trade-ba ... 03162.html

I don't like that for us, and I love Higgins. WR is the easiest position to hit on and we have a lot of picks.

Yep . See White , Kevin.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
If Poles is smart, he will get Atlanta, Seattle, Carolina, Denver, and Indy to bid against each other to move up, oddly, the AZ/ATL and Houston/Indy games will be of interest, the ideal scenario is to be able to trade down, pick up extra picks, and/or starting NFL player, and still get Jalen Carter.

The Broncos traded away their 1st and 2nd round picks for Wilson & Seattle will likely re-sign Smith. Assuming the Bears and Arizona won't take a QB, that would mean that the Texans, Colts, Atlanta and Carolina can stay in their slot and pick up a QB at about the right ranking. Beyond that, Atlanta is starting the guy they picked in the 3rd round last year, so if he looks ok I think it's likely they fill another hole or trade back.

People love the idea of trading down, but I’d rather they just lock in Carter or Anderson, either of whom would start 2023 as the bears’ best defensive player.
I agree with that, but then again they did that with Roquan and people on here couldn't wait to run him out of town.

Roquan was a good player, he wasn't a great player. He thinks himself a DPOTY quality .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
They could also entertain offers for the great Justin Fields. His value will never be higher. It's a huge risk because fans and the media would want Poles to win immediately. Sticking with Fields is also risky. Theoretically, the Bears could draft Anderson/Carter, one of the quarterbacks, and have future draft picks if they traded Fields.

Come on Nas. There is zero chance that they trade Fields at this point.

I think it's higher than zero. Unlikely, but there is a chance. I think they should. Poles isn't married to Fields.

Isnt the logic that you have would have to get a player as good as Fields in the draft if you trade him for picks / players? Are Bears fans that delusional about him that they think that wouldnt be easy to do ? If some team is dumb enough to offer picks and or quality nfl players for him you do it in a hot minute .

Yes, most Bears fans and NFL "experts" have a higher opinion of him than we do. The kid has improved, but if you asked me what he's good at, I couldn't say anything other than running. That's a skill that has a short shelf life. Even with the improvements, there are far too many red flags not to sell high. Fields doesn't have that dog in him. You can see that from guys even when they don't have much talent around them.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:30 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
I would say no to this. I doubt the Bengals would want to trade Higgins.

TRADE:
CHI receives: Tee Higgins, 2023 1st-round pick (No. 28 overall), 2023 2nd-round pick (No. 59 overall), 2024 3rd-round pick
CIN receives: 2023 1st-round pick (No. 2 overall)

https://sports.yahoo.com/bears-trade-ba ... 03162.html

I don't like that for us, and I love Higgins. WR is the easiest position to hit on and we have a lot of picks.

Yep . See White , Kevin.

Sure, they whiffed on him.. but recently more WRs are almost can't miss the last few years.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
They could also entertain offers for the great Justin Fields. His value will never be higher. It's a huge risk because fans and the media would want Poles to win immediately. Sticking with Fields is also risky. Theoretically, the Bears could draft Anderson/Carter, one of the quarterbacks, and have future draft picks if they traded Fields.

I think it's higher than zero. Unlikely, but there is a chance. I think they should. Poles isn't married to Fields.

Isnt the logic that you have would have to get a player as good as Fields in the draft if you trade him for picks / players? Are Bears fans that delusional about him that they think that wouldnt be easy to do ? If some team is dumb enough to offer picks and or quality nfl players for him you do it in a hot minute .

Like it or not, the Bears are re-building around Fields. That die has been cast. The high pick(s) will be used toward major needs and $ will go to fill the remaining holes. It won't all happen by next season but I believe that is the plan. Now if Fields isn't what the local media believes and Poles/Eberflus aren't what Seacrest believes then we have Pace/Nagy/(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky part 2.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:33 pm 

Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yes, most Bears fans and NFL "experts" have a higher opinion of him than we do. The kid has improved, but if you asked me what he's good at, I couldn't say anything other than running. That's a skill that has a short shelf life. Even with the improvements, there are far too many red flags not to sell high. Fields doesn't have that dog in him. You can see that from guys even when they don't have much talent around them.

Fields has proved he's tough to bring down in the pocket, he's got a big arm, he's a freak athlete with elite speed, he's tough and can take a big hit...his teammates like him.

You couldn't say that about any bear qb in our lifetime, I wouldn't trade him, too much to build on. I see great things are possible.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
See White
You always do.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Fields has proved he's tough to bring down in the pocket, he's got a big arm, he's a freak athlete with elite speed, he's tough and can take a big hit...his teammates like him.

You couldn't say that about any bear qb in our lifetime, I wouldn't trade him, too much to build on. I see great things are possible.

He can't consistently complete any throw. He throws far too many passes into the helmets of defenders or their hands. Passing is important for quarterbacks. The biggest issue is that it takes him about 5 seconds to throw the ball. Quarterbacks have to be able to release the ball in 2.5 seconds or less. Fields couldn't do that if his life depended on it.

I have these debates every week. It comes off like I'm a Bears hater, but I can't ignore what I'm seeing. Especially in a rebuilding year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:54 pm 

I read something about Fields having thrown about half as many passes compared to other QBs between college and his first two seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:

He can't consistently complete any throw. He throws far too many passes into the helmets of defenders or their hands. Passing is important for quarterbacks. The biggest issue is that it takes him about 5 seconds to throw the ball. Quarterbacks have to be able to release the ball in 2.5 seconds or less. Fields couldn't do that if his life depended on it.

I have these debates every week. It comes off like I'm a Bears hater, but I can't ignore what I'm seeing. Especially in a rebuilding year.

I agree on the skills aspect but not on the "dog" aspect, if by dog you mean intangibles and a put the team on his back mentality. I think he has the latter he just has to make quicker decisions with the ball.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
312player wrote:
I read something about Fields having thrown about half as many passes compared to other QBs between college and his first two seasons.

That's why Getsy should just dial up passes these last two games to get fields the throws he needs. Dissect it all during the offseason and enter year three having addressed as many weaknesses as you can.

Claypool should have 10-12 targets per game and Fields should be throwing 30+ times each game to close the season out. I don't want to see a designed run and if Fields scrambles out of a viable pass play he should be chewed out.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

I agree on the skills aspect but not on the "dog" aspect, if by dog you mean intangibles and a put the team on his back mentality. I think he has the latter he just has to make quicker decisions with the ball.

He's a tough kid, and I believe he wants to, but outside of the Steelers game in his rookie year, I haven't seen it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
312player wrote:

That's why Getsy should just dial up passes these last two games to get fields the throws he needs. Dissect it all during the offseason and enter year three having addressed as many weaknesses as you can.

Claypool should have 10-12 targets per game and Fields should be throwing 30+ times each game to close the season out. I don't want to see a designed run and if Fields scrambles out of a viable pass play he should be chewed out.

I agree with you that he should be passing at least 30 times a game in the last two weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:25 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Like it or not, the Bears are re-building around Fields. That die has been cast. The high pick(s) will be used toward major needs and $ will go to fill the remaining holes. It won't all happen by next season but I believe that is the plan. Now if Fields isn't what the local media believes and Poles/Eberflus aren't what Seacrest believes then we have Pace/Nagy/(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky part 2.

Poles and Eberflus didn't draft Fields and Fields gets expensive in two years. You going to risk your job on Fields learning to throw? You have to consider a reset for the right price.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Abbey Pub
veganfan21 wrote:

Guys the point of a stress test is to put you under stress! Tonight we identify all the weaknesses. Tomorrow we work on fixing them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
but I can't ignore what I'm seeing.
You did with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. You still do with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as a matter of fact.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:
but I can't ignore what I'm seeing.
You did with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. You still do with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as a matter of fact.

Possibly being wrong is different from ignoring what I'm seeing. I could also be wrong about Fields. He could look like Mahomes next year. I hope I am wrong about Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

I didn't quote anything about being right or wrong. You ignoring things you saw from (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and focused solely on his record as a starting QB.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Brick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Poles and Eberflus didn't draft Fields and Fields gets expensive in two years. You going to risk your job on Fields learning to throw? You have to consider a reset for the right price.

I think trading Fields for any of the top QB's in this draft would be an extraordinary risk. Now, if Poles is convinced that Fields won't develop as a passer then I would give him credit if he's willing to take the heat that would go along with the move. I just don't see it as a realistic possibility. Trading down for more picks seems more likely, and even that's a risk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I didn't quote anything about being right or wrong. You ignoring things you saw from (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and focused solely on his record as a starting QB.

I didn't ignore anything I saw from (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:36 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
I think trading Fields for any of the top QB's in this draft would be an extraordinary risk. Now, if Poles is convinced that Fields won't develop as a passer then I would give him credit if he's willing to take the heat that would go along with the move. I just don't see it as a realistic possibility. Trading down for more picks seems more likely, and even that's a risk.

It depends on the offer and the path to who the next QB is.

If you ask for the Deshaun Jackson special then you can do well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

It's hard to imagine it happening because it also would be a huge risk for the acquiring team (though a potentially big reward). If it didn't work out for them, the fan base would be lambasting the GM for being bamboozled by Poles. People have praised Getsy for making the bold switch midseason that "unleashed" Fields as a runner (and essentially neutered him as a passer). What if Getsy, Eberflus, and Poles know internally that Fields just doesn't have the ability to pass at the NFL level and they believe it's not necessarily something that can be coached up? Or as Brick said, even if it gets incrementally better with some better receivers, it might be better to hit reset and take a QB who is two years younger and cheaper.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

It depends on the offer and the path to who the next QB is.

If you ask for the Deshaun Jackson special then you can do well.

I think Fields is more valuable than Watson. He doesn't come with sexual assault baggage and you don't have to extend him for at least 3 years.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's intriguing. Let's not forget Tua was God's gift to Man a short 7 weeks ago. What kind of haul could they get packaging Fields and the #2?

It would be brass balls and I'd respect it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's intriguing. Let's not forget Tua was God's gift to Man a short 7 weeks ago. What kind of haul could they get packaging Fields and the #2?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:08 am 

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Tua is dogshit, he's always been and always will be. Waddle and hill are top 10 in yac because he sucks and has a weak ass arm. I've never seen any nfl player just let their head get rocked on the ground like this goofy MFer does. He looks like a drunken fool that falls that has no reaction to orotect or brace himself.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
If your picking #2 you could theoretically trade down twice, from 2 to 3 or 4 and then from 3-4 to 5-6 and pick up a ton of extra picks, because some team is gonna fall in love one of the top QB's, and there is likely a future Ryan Pace, who will fall in love with the grindy white QB from Kentucky who put up great numbers against YSU and NIU, but looked average at best against average SEC teams.

Still think you can trade back a slot or two and still get Jalen Carter and stockpile a few extra picks which will turn into starters in the near future and building blocks for your team when it is ready to compete.

Will likely see Poles address the interior of both lines with huge amount of paper in FA, and early draft picks. You really need to upgrade your entire defensive line and 3-4 oline positions. Love the idea of Julian Davenport and Payne, which addresses half of your D line, that along with drafting a guy like Jalen Carter upgrades that group significantly but wonder if he takes the approach the Chiefs did and drafts his future Center in the second or third round.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:57 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Then you didn't see everything from (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Lovie has a history of winning meaningless tank games at the end of the year and dropping down draft spots.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Then you didn't see everything from (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

Whether we're in the CFMB Facebook chat or on this board, I don't bother you. I'm generally friendly with you on every platform, and I stay out of your many spats with others. Yet, you still find time to follow me around trying to score points. You've clearly taken my friendliness with you as a weakness.

How many platforms are we going to have this random (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky debate? Your obsession with me and this is weird. You're like a miserable and annoying woman who randomly blurts out a mistake that a man made, but lacks the awareness to see her own flaws.

As I said before, I didn't watch much of the Bears, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's rookie season, outside of highlights because of a personal issue. My "love" for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky started out as a bit because of something TM posted. The same bit I've had for every Bears starting quarterback, including Fields. The same bit that saw me pick the Bears to go 13-3 or 12-4 every season. The same bit that had me pick the Bears to win EVERY game they played. I've mostly retired the bits the last 2 seasons. Rex Grossman is the only Bears quarterback that I've genuinely liked since I've been posting here.

Ultimately, I didn't think (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky sucked, and I still don't. I still believe the hate for him is unwarranted. If you think I'm wrong, that's fine. It won't be the first or last opinion of mine that's wrong.

The fact that you can't understand that multiple people can watch the same thing but have different conclusions is another sign of your bitch like tendencies.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next