It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: Ok, Nas.

Everywhere you post, you demand more from Fields (which isn't necessarily wrong) yet you didn't demand more from Mitch. That's all. Its hypocritical, but you're free to have those opinions if you want.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:12 pm 

Frank has a strange obsession with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. He was a victim of terrible coaching but he also probably doesn't have what it takes to be anything more than a below average starting quarterback.

He was still 29-21 as a starter with a coach that was an absolute failure. He's probably the only time it's been fun to be a Bears fan since 2010.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
It's all because he's a #2 pick and the draft capital spent.

It's not his fault he was drafted where he was. Patrick Williams on the Bulls is going through the same thing, except his story is not complete yet.

If this shit was easy, a bunch of women would be doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Everywhere you post, you demand more from Fields (which isn't necessarily wrong) yet you didn't demand more from Mitch. That's all. Its hypocritical, but you're free to have those opinions if you want.

I didn't know if Justin Fields was black or white before we drafted him. I had never seen him play a snap before he was drafted by the Bears. I was calling him a future HoFer on draft day and I went out and purchased his jersey like I've done for every Bears starting quarterback.

I ended my 20 year Bears quarterback bit because I was offended by what I saw as Chicago media giving Fields a pass because of the color of his skin. It annoyed the hell out of me. Far more than his significantly below-average rookie play. If not for that, I would have continued my Bears quarterback bit. If that's unfair to Fields, so be it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Last edited by Nas on Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Brick wrote:
Frank has a strange obsession with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. He was a victim of terrible coaching but he also probably doesn't have what it takes to be anything more than a below average starting quarterback.

He was still 29-21 as a starter with a coach that was an absolute failure. He's probably the only time it's been fun to be a Bears fan since 2010.

Nagy was 29-21 as a coach with an absolute buster as qb. They are both terrible and only stuck around because the defense was outstanding and won a lot of games.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:34 pm 

312player wrote:
Brick wrote:

Nagy was 29-21 as a coach with an absolute buster as qb. They are both terrible and only stuck around because the defense was outstanding and won a lot of games.

Matt Nagy was 29-21 when he started (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.
Matt Nagy was 5-10 when he didn't start (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

That's a pretty huge difference.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:35 pm 

Neither of those included the 0-2 in the playoffs though as football reference doesn't combine records.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I didn't know if Justin Fields was black or white before we drafted him. I had never seen him play a snap before he was drafted by the Bears. I was calling him a future HoFer on draft day and I went out and purchased his jersey like I've done for every Bears starting quarterback.

I ended my 20 year Bears quarterback bit because I was offended by what I saw as Chicago media giving Fields a pass because of the color of his skin. It annoyed the hell out of me. Far more than his significantly below-average rookie play. If not for that, I would have continued my Bears quarterback bit. If that's unfair to Fields, so be it.

Is that where your dislike of Fields stems? Never knew that

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:39 pm 

Brick wrote:
312player wrote:
Brick wrote:

Matt Nagy was 29-21 when he started (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.
Matt Nagy was 5-10 when he didn't start (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

That's a pretty huge difference.

I didnt see much of a difference when chase daniels started, glennon on the other hand was noticably worse.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:40 pm 

Maybe the drastically different record was just a bunch of dumb luck then. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yeah, I saw a kid who wasn't playing well, and clearly wasn't ready to be a starting quarterback. In my world, it was okay to point out the obvious. Instead, we got over the top praise for mundane things and historic excuse making. They even turned on Nagy after blowing him for 3+ years.

Derrick Rose was Chicago's own, a RoY, MVP, and probably a top 10 player at his peak, and the media still found countless ways to be critical of him. An outsider shouldn't be treated any differently.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:54 pm 

Brick wrote:
Maybe the drastically different record was just a bunch of dumb luck then. :lol:

Id bet the offense stats for ypg and ppg were very close between CD and MT starts. Like I said, the defense won or lost most games.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:55 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yeah, I saw a kid who wasn't playing well, and clearly wasn't ready to be a starting quarterback. In my world, it was okay to point out the obvious. Instead, we got over the top praise for mundane things and historic excuse making. They even turned on Nagy after blowing him for 3+ years.

Derrick Rose was Chicago's own, a RoY, MVP, and probably a top 10 player at his peak, and the media still found countless ways to be critical of him. An outsider shouldn't be treated any differently.

Being a china doll with various bouts of vaginitis is a legit complaint. I don't really recall on the floor complaints other than post peak run ins with my guy Jimmy Buckets.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:02 pm 

312player wrote:
Brick wrote:

Id bet the offense stats for ypg and ppg were very close between CD and MT starts. Like I said, the defense won or lost most games.
He only started 3 games, and those games were against teams that were 7-9, 6-10, and 5-11 so I don't think that would really be a meaningful comparison.

Daniel was alright though in those games.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:19 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I haven't really followed how the media has covered him since he was drafted but from what I have seen of the kid he's a good quarterback. Whether he will be a great quarterback is still up for debate but he is easily the best reason to currently watch the Bears.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Being a china doll with various bouts of vaginitis is a legit complaint. I don't really recall on the floor complaints other than post peak run ins with my guy Jimmy Buckets.

There wasn't much you could criticize about his on court play. The kid was a freak of nature. That's why his intelligence was mocked and something like his love of Skittles or Gummy Bears.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:32 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

There wasn't much you could criticize about his on court play. The kid was a freak of nature. That's why his intelligence was mocked and something like his love of Skittles or Gummy Bears.

There were a few reasons that the media began to turn on him. 1. Was the fact that he cheated on the ACT in order to be eligible at Memphis and 2. The rape allegations. 3. Was his doting brother.

Up until this stuff happened they'd fawned all over him as well.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:34 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yeah, I guess. And that he was pampered by his family. But I think familiarity breeds contempt. Even Jordan got nipped pretty good as his career went on. Fields is a new and shiny toy about to break a record. Not many saw this coming. He didn't look like a future record rusher last year.

I definitely smell pandering from Parkins though. But who knows, he slobbered all over Nagy too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

It really is a racist view by yourself. What you "saw" was/is your own racism and you try to excuse yourself as not trying to be a racist while assuming that white media were intentionally lying about the player's performance.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I haven't really followed how the media has covered him since he was drafted but from what I have seen of the kid he's a good quarterback. Whether he will be a great quarterback is still up for debate but he is easily the best reason to currently watch the Bears.

I just can't believe this even comes up in this day and age. And to somehow bring Derrick Rose into the conversation as if it was the media that made up lies about his failure to become a hero in Chicago is really a huge mistake.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nardi wrote:
Even Jordan got nipped pretty good as his career went on.

I do not recall this....only some slight rippage once he went to DC.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:08 pm 

You read The Jordan Rules, followed by the gambling, followed by his dad's death theories?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nardi wrote:
You read The Jordan Rules, followed by the gambling, followed by his dad's death theories?

My point is the media was much softer on Jordan than they are on superstars today. It's a different world now with phones, social media which makes that impossible anymore. I concede....you were correct, sir.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:33 pm 

breaking draft news

Quote:
The Bears have fallen to #3 in the draft order. Texans are still 1, but Kevin McCarthy racked up enough losses to make him number two

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.