It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears @ Lions
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
From Rick Morrissey:

Quote:
When is the last time a team was getting blown out and its quarterback ended up with just 75 passing yards. Crazy bad stuff.

Crazier was the sight of Fields still in the game in the fourth quarter. With this offensive line, he’s an injury waiting to happen.

“We kept Justin in there because we want to get the game experience,’’ Bears coach Matt Eberflus said. “You can’t get really get that anywhere else.’’

:lol:

I don't understand why people find it rationale to bench Fields. He still hasn't proven he can play QB. So get him out there to get him the reps he needs. Guys act like we got prime Peyton Manning whom we need to protect for next season.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:41 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
From Rick Morrissey:

Quote:
When is the last time a team was getting blown out and its quarterback ended up with just 75 passing yards. Crazy bad stuff.

Crazier was the sight of Fields still in the game in the fourth quarter. With this offensive line, he’s an injury waiting to happen.

“We kept Justin in there because we want to get the game experience,’’ Bears coach Matt Eberflus said. “You can’t get really get that anywhere else.’’

I don't understand why people find it rationale to bench Fields. He still hasn't proven he can play QB. So get him out there to get him the reps he needs. Guys act like we got prime Peyton Manning whom we need to protect for next season.

Yep.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:44 am 
1000 CLUB

No. It's not that I think Fields has made it. Like all of us, we like him, but we don't know if he's gonna be great yet.

It's just this last game won't mean anything for his development. He's played 15 games this year. With horse shit talent around him. Thank god he got through this season with that many games. That's enough.

So you sit him for this last game. I just don't want a torn ACL or some other shit that makes him have to rehab in the offseason. They should have pulled him during this game when it was out of hand.

If they play him next week it's pure stupidity. But I'm used to stupidity from our sports teams.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Almost prototypical NFL last season game between a contending team and a tanking team, the tankers play hard for maybe a quarter, but tap out soon after halftime.

You are getting a long look at a bunch of guys, several guys are getting great opportunities to show they could be part of the roster moving forward, but your seeing a bunch of guys that won't be here or anywhere else next year getting tons of playing time.

You cannot compete at the NFL level with the group of offensive and defensive lineman that played for the Bears on Sunday, soft on both sides of the ball, this will be a massive rebuilding project. Mustipher and Schofield are brutal in pass protection, rarely see NFL interior lineman get bitch slapped around like those two are on every single down, the Bears are dominated on both lines nearly every game.

The early round draft picks that were launched by other teams are showing why, you've gotten looks at Leatherwood and Harry, both at best are depth guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:35 am 

Beardown wrote:
No. It's not that I think Fields has made it. Like all of us, we like him, but we don't know if he's gonna be great yet.

It's just this last game won't mean anything for his development. He's played 15 games this year. With horse shit talent around him. Thank god he got through this season with that many games. That's enough.

So you sit him for this last game. I just don't want a torn ACL or some other shit that makes him have to rehab in the offseason. They should have pulled him during this game when it was out of hand.

If they play him next week it's pure stupidity. But I'm used to stupidity from our sports teams.

It's not stupidity. Justin plays QB stupidly. Holding onto the ball instead of throwing it is stupid. He should play so that he becomes less stupid as a passer. He'll only become less stupid by playing. So it does affect his development.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I saw that a lot of the typical Fields dickridin…errr excuse making post game yesterday involved a lot of “ of course he’s missing seeing guys open, his eyes are down and not looking upfield, yours would be too if you were running for your life with that O-line!!” .THATS the reason you keep playing him, his eyes are supposed to be upfield , thats his job and until he starts doing it he needs to be in there every snap.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Clawmaster wrote:
Almost prototypical NFL last season game between a contending team and a tanking team, the tankers play hard for maybe a quarter, but tap out soon after halftime.

But what about the 'HITS' principles? Seacrest said that no matter what, these guys play hard for Eberflus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:03 am 

Beardown wrote:

I don't often agree with Beardown, but here I do.

There is nothing to be gained this game and only things can be lost.

You sit him this last game. You do everything you can to further develop him and surround him with help in the offeason. If he does not show major improvements in the passing game then you are starting to look for the next guy to be QB.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:05 am 

RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You sit him this last game. You do everything you can to further develop him and surround him with help in the offeason. If he does not show major improvements in the passing game then you are starting to look for the next guy to be QB.

What is more valuable than another 25+ passing attempts and more chances to read defenses and make decisions. How else will he demonstrate improvement other than playing in real game circumstances

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:07 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:

What is more valuable than another 25+ passing attempts and more chances to read defenses and make decisions. How else will he demonstrate improvement other than playing in real game circumstances

you really think 25 more opportunities are going to make a big difference in the overall picture? The reality is if he plays they are not going to give him 25 opportunities. It will be under that and it will be the same story we have seen this year. He will make some plays with his legs, and then struggle with the passing game. The risk of him getting hurt is just too great IMO.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:16 am 

I just think that things are earned. If you're allen or even now Trevor Lawrence you've earned the benefit of the doubt. You've shown me enough for me to say okay let's protect this dude because I need him to fry bigger fish in the near future and he needs to be healthy for that. But Justin fields hasn't proven shit so until he does he needs to get his ass out there and show me something. He needs to earn it. But if the oline is banged up on top of sucking then maybe there's an exception.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:19 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I just think that things are earned. If you're allen or even now Trevor Lawrence you've earned the benefit of the doubt. You've shown me enough for me to say okay let's protect this dude because I need him to fry bigger fish in the near future and he needs to be healthy for that. But Justin fields hasn't proven shit so until he does he needs to get his ass out there and show me something. He needs to earn it. But if the oline is banged up on top of sucking then maybe there's an exception.

And Jacksonville didn't do it with Lawrence yesterday although the game in the grand picture meant nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:21 am 

Peyton Manning went what, 3-13 his rookie year ? You think they sat him at 3-12 and said " he doesnt need to be in there that last game, he might get hurt ? "

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
veganfan21 wrote:

Yes, but they had the perfect opportunity to do that against the putrid Lions defense, but instead we saw more of the same bullshit runs called. They learned nothing. And now he would be playing against the Vikings bench players, and I imagine we'll see the coaches do the same thing to get him the rushing record. And then once he gets it, they'll pull him.

This season has been a slap in the face to Bears fans. And the last few weeks have brought out the warnings that "next year will require patience too."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:24 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

Their biggest item to get figured out right now is if Fields is the guy. If they haven't determined that completely this year then that is not going to be changed by one final game that means nothing. If he gets hurt and has to spend the entire offseason rehabbing then that throws everything into chaos. That is too big of a risk. You need to have a healthy guy moving forward to be able to know for certain with help around him

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Conspiracy theory time…

I wouldn’t be shocked if Bears’ management were quietly ok with some injury risk to Fields to potentially make it easier to move on in the draft.

I’d like to know what they see in practice and if they think he’s capable of running an NFL offense. Nothing we’re seeing on Sunday suggests as much.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:28 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Conspiracy theory time…

I wouldn’t be shocked if Bears’ management were quietly ok with some injury risk to Fields to potentially make it easier to move on in the draft.

I’d like to know what they see in practice and if they think he’s capable of running an NFL offense. Nothing we’re seeing on Sunday suggests as much.

That could be. If they have determined that he is not the guy moving forward then you clearly play him.

That is really the wildcard in all of this, no one knows what Poles thinks right now. All we know is this is not the guy he drafted, so that automatically makes this even more likely.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:32 am 

RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Their biggest item to get figured out right now is if Fields is the guy. If they haven't determined that completely this year then that is not going to be changed by one final game that means nothing. If he gets hurt and has to spend the entire offseason rehabbing then that throws everything into chaos. That is too big of a risk. You need to have a healthy guy moving forward to be able to know for certain with help around him

This is just a minor quibble: we know the season means nothing in terms of wins and losses. The season is all about Fields. So next week's game does mean something because the season is all about fields. That said I've conceded that because the line may be at less than full strength perhaps it's worth sitting fields.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:37 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Yes, but they had the perfect opportunity to do that against the putrid Lions defense, but instead we saw more of the same bullshit runs called. They learned nothing. And now he would be playing against the Vikings bench players, and I imagine we'll see the coaches do the same thing to get him the rushing record. And then once he gets it, they'll pull him.

This season has been a slap in the face to Bears fans. And the last few weeks have brought out the warnings that "next year will require patience too."

I followed until the last paragraph. We knew coming in that this was a bottom five roster, and that was with Smith. I had them being a candidate for an 0-17 season. So wasn't following the slap in the face comment. Poles did the slapping and as fans we had no choice but to take it.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:43 am 

RFDC wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Conspiracy theory time…

That could be. If they have determined that he is not the guy moving forward then you clearly play him.

That is really the wildcard in all of this, no one knows what Poles thinks right now. All we know is this is not the guy he drafted, so that automatically makes this even more likely.

Doesnt take much tea leaf reading. They know what they have after seeing him in practice every week and 16 games . They know he’s not good passing the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
From Rick Morrissey:

Quote:

Because he could play like Peyton Manning and it still wouldn't mean anything (particularly to his MANY detractors) because it would still be considered just a "meaningless" game.

Bench the kid and get ready for next season.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:45 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Jaw Breaker wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The Vikings are playing for the 2nd seed. We will get their starters.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:47 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
From Rick Morrissey:

Quote:

Because he could play like Peyton Manning and it still wouldn't mean anything (particularly to his MANY detractors) because it would still be considered just a "meaningless" game.

I think you're way off here. If Fields went 30/40 for 350, 2 TDs and 80 rushing in a 21-48 loss this whole board would be overjoyed.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:53 am 

Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The Vikings are playing for the 2nd seed. We will get their starters.

I looked at the spread (a pick 'em) and figured there was no way it would be that way if the Vikings were taking the game seriously. I know the Vikes are the worst 12-4 team in history, but still.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
From Rick Morrissey:

Quote:

I think you're way off here. If Fields went 30/40 for 350, 2 TDs and 80 rushing in a 21-48 loss this whole board would be overjoyed.

No they wouldn't. They'd claim that it was a "meaningless" game.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:02 pm 

And when he goes 7/21 75 yards against one of the worst pass defenses in the leagues he gets to use “ no one was open, he was under pressure “ excuse made for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
And when he goes 7/21 75 yards against one of the worst pass defenses in the leagues he gets to use “ no one was open, he was under pressure “ excuse made for him.

They're not even doing that. They are celebrating his leadership because he attempted to calm Claypool down after Claypool was pissed on the sideline because Fields preferred to throw the ball to Pringle and St. Brown instead of an open Claypool.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:08 pm 

Nas wrote:
Fields preferred to throw the ball to Pringle and St. Brown instead of an open Claypool.

Speaking of St. Brown, interesting discussion on the broadcast about their family. Equanimeous, Amon-Ra, and Osiris are the names of the sons, with the father being John Brown, former bodybuilder champ. He married a German woman, and the kids all spoke German at home and are also fluent in French. I wondered why the kids' names are St. Brown instead of Brown, and apparently the father thought it would look cool on their jerseys.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Amon-Ra got all the football talent. The rest he might as well spilled that seed into the sheets

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Amon-Ra got all the football talent. The rest he might as well spilled that seed into the sheets

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next