It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Does this dude realize that like 95% of the roster ain't returning next year? What "learning" is he talking about, everyone will be on a different team? Dumbass

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: John's
95%?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:38 am 

Maybe a third to 3/8th won't be back, but why get so worked up about a cliche that is cited in every sport? Especially one there is some truth to.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:38 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
95%?

Damn, and I thought Nas was high with his 35 number.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:42 am 

Shouldn't they have "learned to win" in college? Most of these guys come from high profile programs. They know how to win. Problem is they don't have the talent to win.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:49 am 

Juiced wrote:
Shouldn't they have "learned to win" in college? Most of these guys come from high profile programs. They know how to win. Problem is they don't have the talent to win.

The all around speed at the pro levels make them different games for the majority of young guys. It goes for most coaches as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
95%?

Damn, and I thought Nas was high with his 35 number.

They only have 2 picks in the top 100, thanks to Poles trading for a #3(who thinks he's a #1) that can't learn a playbook, oh and Good Dolphin can toss aside his fantasies of a Daron Payne in free agency, like a team with cap space is really going to let a 25 year old DT with 11+ sacks just "walk".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:25 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Maybe a third to 3/8th won't be back, but why get so worked up about a cliche that is cited in every sport? Especially one there is some truth to.

Because his analysis is dead wrong in this case and the conviction with which he repeats this is really irritating. What truth do you think there is here? The players the team will be relying on to win next year are largely either in college right now or on different NFL teams. That's the ideal case. Most current players this season are either gone next or demoted to fillers/backup types, which is where they belong. And guys generally know how to win anyway, like Juiced said. I believe "learning how to win" is more applicable in the NBA, especially when you have young cores that haven't experienced winning yet (e.g. Chandler, Curry, Crawford, etc.). But in the NFL with so much annual roster turnover plus parity (you're always an injury or an odd bounce away from winning games you shouldn't), "learning how to win" is not really a thing imo

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:50 am 

When you tout 95% not returning, it comes across as hyperbolic and overly emotional. But I agree that most of this year’s roster is loaded with just guys. Average at best. But I think that their coaching is crap as well. And as for players learning how to win in college, the majority of kids drafted haven’t won anything in college given that there are usually only 8-10 perennial winners and really only two decent conferences. That the simple fact is that most rookies talk about the speed of the game and the generally poor coaching/front offices in the NFL supports the notion that they need to learn to win.

And I say this as a fan of a myopic franchise that is going to be paying for stupidity for the next two seasons.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
21-25 players will be back, plus maybe some practice squad guys. Two of those guys are the long snapper and the punter, who don't really need to learn anything.

"Learning to win" = "I don't want to cover a shitty team, this isn't fun."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:17 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
21-25 players will be back, plus maybe some practice squad guys. Two of those guys are the long snapper and the punter, who don't really need to learn anything.

"Learning to win" = "I don't want to cover a shitty team, this isn't fun."

Problem is that it’s been accepted as the Gospel since the days of Lombardi. But he isn’t wrong, it’s got to be a pain and waste to cover an untalented, personality bereft team and franchise.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The Bears QB getting his brains beat in dizzy with a makeshift porous offensive line will add to a Bears winning culture, clubhouse tone, creating quality humans with high football IQ.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
badrouge wants 3/5 to be turned over just because.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Game 1 of the 2023 season, I'll set the over / under at 18 players returning from this season which is about 34%
I'm still taking the over. I don't think it will be half, but the team will look drastically different.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
BigW72 wrote:
Game 1 of the 2023 season, I'll set the over / under at 18 players returning from this season which is about 34%
I'm still taking the over. I don't think it will be half, but the team will look drastically different.

I'd say that about 1/3rd of the roster will be different. At least I hope that it will. It really is pretty simple to imagine happening.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:

I got this one, Vegan. You should know this, RR. Everything fucking sucks. Let us Bears fans bitch.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The Hawk wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

I'd say that about 1/3rd of the roster will be different. At least I hope that it will. It really is pretty simple to imagine happening.

LOL more than a third. The bears are set to make some major changes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:12 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I got this one, Vegan. You should know this, RR. Everything fucking sucks. Let us Bears fans bitch.

:lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY