It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:11 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Regular Reader wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Plus at 60 miles away the McCaskeys will hopefully lose exclusive area rights. Screw those leeches.

Where are you getting 60 miles? City center to city center, it's 23 miles as the crow flies.

As for Millennium Park, it cost too much, but now I can't imagine the city without it. I can't believe there were just crappy exposed railyards there for so long and no one seemed to mind.

I was joking about the distance.

This would never happen, but it is a nice presentation. But at least now the idea of a dome being a better idea has been accepted

But it looks like they can open up the one end to bring in BEAR WEATHER when needed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:45 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Did anyone catch that they invented a new public transit system for this called the "Chi-Line"? Apparently this is some sort of monorail that runs from Navy Pier to Soldier Field on tracks that don't exist yet?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:51 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Curious Hair wrote:
Did anyone catch that they invented a new public transit system for this called the "Chi-Line"? Apparently this is some sort of monorail that runs from Navy Pier to Soldier Field on tracks that don't exist yet?

Yeah, I wondered what that was. I just figured I wasn't in the loop on that one.

See what I did there?

I actually wasn't sure if that was a thing in development.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Curious Hair wrote:

When your child shows you a picture she’s drawn, you don’t highlight inconsistent scaling or misplaced shadows.

You smile, congratulate her on the effort and then go find a more efficient way to spend $10bn.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:11 pm 

What did they ever end up doing with all that empty space at Roosevelt/Clark?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:

CHUY will get it done!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:17 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

CHUY will get it done!

CHI-Line, great Idea...likn up all the TORIST ATTARCTIONS! See Da Bears, go to museums, rid e abig farris wheel at Navy Pierfor some Reason...how will CHUY do it? SAVE ON PAPER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The city would need a lot of private business money to pull that off.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:31 pm 

Now that they're redeveloping Old Orchard into mixed-use residential, great time to expand the Yellow Line up to Old Orchard Road. That's more feasible than a tram from Navy Pier to Soldier Field, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:33 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Now that they're redeveloping Old Orchard into mixed-use residential, great time to expand the Yellow Line up to Old Orchard Road. That's more feasible than a tram from Navy Pier to Soldier Field, I think.

Therd is little way to get that done with the long proposed red line extension to 130th (in the actual city) with no ground having been broken yet.

And I don't think that there's anything solid in place for the railyards off of Roosevelt yet, but I haven't followed closely since the last proposal fell through.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Regular Reader wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Too little too late.

Yep. Would have been great, though.

Still can be for what could become my AFC team, Chargers or Jaguars. I’m sure Shad Khan and whomever the Spanos family will sell out to will kick in.

It is a great concept, but yeah...it's 23 years too late. It's missing the most important factor in that the Bears are moving so they can own the stadium.
Chargers or Jaguars makes perfect sense and this would be a major upgrade for either team. I still maintain the NFL itself would never allow it. They have their sights hell bent on putting a team in Europe or another country. No growth for the game by moving a team to an NFL friendly market. I don't agree with this, but I don't think the league cares about my opinion or anyone else's.

conns7901 wrote:
Attending an event at Soldier Field is a miserable experience.

This is 100% true.
Curious Hair wrote:
I haven't talked to anyone in Arlington Heights who wants this team here. Arlington Park is practically Rolling Meadows; maybe they're more jazzed about it there.

I'm not very well connected to Arlington Heights, but I do have one friend who lives there and was born and raised there as well (Hersey Alumn). He's all for it. Not saying that's the best representation, but he's ONE :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:34 am 

I wonder if this could be reconfigured for the White Sox. You can still go after the other events.

I also wonder why there isn't an offer to let the Bears buy the stadium for $1. If sports stadiums cost cities so much money then why not just sell them off?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
We sold our parking meters for $1.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I still find it funny that 8 or 9 times a year, fans are outraged about parking and accessibility. Although not quite as funny as "It looks like a spaceship when I drive by."

Enjoy the monstrosity in Arlington where you'll watch the game on the scoreboard because the players look like ants.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: :lol: Because that 400 level at Soldier Field is so close to the action.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:01 pm 

Nardi wrote:
I still find it funny that 8 or 9 times a year, fans are outraged about parking and accessibility. Although not quite as funny as "It looks like a spaceship when I drive by."

Enjoy the monstrosity in Arlington where you'll watch the game on the scoreboard because the players look like ants.

Let's be real. Watching a football game in person is probably the worst sport to do so if you care at all about the game.

Golf is up there too.

Nice experience to be outdoors for golf but football has horrible angles at almost 98% of the seats.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Nardi wrote:

Let's be real. Watching a football game in person is probably the worst sport to do so if you care at all about the game.

Golf is up there too.

Nice experience to be outdoors for golf but football has horrible angles at almost 98% of the seats.

interesting take. you lose injury updates and sometimes replays... but in person you can see the whole field and plays developing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:45 pm 

billypootons wrote:
interesting take. you lose injury updates and sometimes replays... but in person you can see the whole field and plays developing

In certain seats, if they aren't too far from the action.

I'd say 20% of the seats have an advantage over TV. The rest is just hoping people don't spill beer on you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:47 pm 

I love attending football games. I'm less hearty than I used to be concerning the cold. Saturday or Sunday in Sept-Oct and I'm there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:47 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Golf is up there too.

Face it, the best part of going to a football game is tailgating. They unsurprisingly had it so backwards when they redid Soldiers Field.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
BigW72 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I haven't talked to anyone in Arlington Heights who wants this team here. Arlington Park is practically Rolling Meadows; maybe they're more jazzed about it there.

I'm not very well connected to Arlington Heights, but I do have one friend who lives there and was born and raised there as well (Hersey Alumn). He's all for it. Not saying that's the best representation, but he's ONE :lol:

I have lived less than a mile from Arlington Park for over 30 years and I cannot find anyone who doesn't want the Bears.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Golf is up there too.

Face it, the best part of going to a football game is tailgating. They unsurprisingly had it so backwards when they redid Soldiers Field.

We've had season tickets somewhere in my family my whole life. From age 10-40 I went to at least one game per season (button 48).
Yes....the best part is tailgating. Being in the stands for a good game is a unique experience and you can't replicate that at home or in a bar. For actually WATCHING football, at home on the TV is clearly better, but attending a game is an entirely different thing. It's fun, but I'm well over it. I have too much life shit to do and there are other ways I'd rather spend my money, given the cost of attending a game.

They did fuck up tailgating with the renovation....there are only a limited number of tailgating lots and the price tag on those are insanely priced now. It's unfortunate.

I've also accepted that college football is a better tailgating experience anyway :lol: The NFL may be a better football game with higher talent, but I'd argue the fan in-game experience at college is better. Stadiums filled with students and alumni is a better vibe than a stadium half-filled with Corporate whores.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Fields is Sam Darnold right now (but with elite running skills).Their passing stats after 2 years are quite similar. Darnold dropped off his 3rd year and the Jets still got a 2nd, 4th, and 6th. I would think if Fields stalls in year 3 he'd still have decent value to trade. Maybe not a #1. But Fields running skills and a higher potential ceiling than Darnold I would believe if the Bears unloaded him he'd still have some value. He wouldn't be valueless like Mitch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:36 am 

It's nice to have Sunday to recover when tailgating on a college saturday. Also, women tend to be more involved in college tailgating so they are generally more nicely presented with better food.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Nardi wrote:

Golf is up there too.

I'd agree with this as far as golf is concerned. Definitely hard to follow a particular golfer or group. If you can find a nice seat near the green of an iconic hole that is a good vantage point. Most people aren't able to follow the ball in the air so that presents a lot of challenges as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Apart Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
I know it sounds crazy, but bigfan can get from Chicago to Arlington Heights in three hours.
THERE and back,,,,ON MY BIKE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:44 pm 

Could the city buy enough Packers shares to move them here?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:18 am 

Brick wrote:
Could the city buy enough Packers shares to move them here?

I know south siders who are Packers fans because their family grew up as Chicago Cardinals fans who would never root for the Bears

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nardi wrote:

Golf is up there too.

Agreed, couldn't pay me to go to an NFL game. Boxing- mma also, can't see shit. The whole crowd oooohs and ahhhs at what they think is a strike..that didn't connect.

Now baseball and hockey are true live sports to watch in person.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:12 am 

312player wrote:
Now baseball and hockey are true live sports to watch in person.
A lot of that is the weather though. Hockey is obviously indoors almost all the time. Baseball is normally played in really good weather.

The problem with football in the Midwest is more than half the games are in unpleasant weather where people convince themselves standing outside for 4 hours in 45 degree weather is good because it's not 25 degrees yet.

That's why I prefer attending college games. It's outside but Midwest weather is great August-October. November starts to suck but the season is winding down by then.