It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: #1 pick predictions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
A bunch of you here would have traded Payton after 1978 because "running backs get beaten up quickly and we need to draft a quarterback."

If Poles is this generation's Jim Finks, they will do well. If he's another Ryan Pace, nothing they do will matter.

Why do you assume we'd trade Payton? It was a totally different game back then.

Because people like the new shiny model and the hope that comes with it.

I'm not saying Fields is going to be anywhere near a Hall of Fame, unless he buys a ticket. But that 1978 team had as many holes around it (and less free agency) as this team has today. Sports radio callers would have been all over trying to trade Payton for 5-6 draft picks.

Yeah I don't know about that. By the he had had that 275 yard game against Minnesota at home and looked like a superstar. Back then the run just got game was king and that was the Bears identity. He was three years in and was a star.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Can't really compare GM incentives pre-1993, pre-UFA, pre-stiff-not-hard-salary cap.

it'd probably give an unfair competitive advantage to teams with top shelf veteran QB's, but I wonder if the NFL/NFLPA ever considered allowing each team one roster spot that doesn't count against the salary cap. Most every team would use it on their QB; but you might have some teams with rookie deal QB's use it on a stud WR or DLineman other potentially high cap-hit positions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Will be watching how Jalen Carter and Avila for TCU look, both could be options, especially if Avila is there in the 3rd round, but this game will feature tons of NFL caliber players, so fun to watch from a scouting standpoint.

The fanbase is pretty jacked up for the #1 pick, even had a cop stop to talk to me while I was out running today because he saw my Bears hat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Clawmaster wrote:
even had a cop stop to talk to me while I was out running today because he saw my Bears hat.

Was probably just trying to get you to sell him some Fentanlyl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:47 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I think there is an outside chance that Anthony Richardson becomes a combine hero that someone falls in love with.

That would be good for the Bears.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I think there is an outside chance that Anthony Richardson becomes a combine hero that someone falls in love with.

He reminds me of Justin Fields. I think any NFL team would need to sit him for at least a year.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Nas wrote:

He reminds me of Justin Fields. I think any NFL team would need to sit him for at least a year.

He's exactly like Justin Fields and Fields was the talk of the league. He's just not as good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:14 am 

Not as good as the worst starting QB in the league 2 years running?

Last edited by Hussra on Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I was looking at the podcast titles for the score yesterday and it's definitely peak hope. Even Bernstein, who hates everything, is lecturing negative Bears fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:49 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
I was looking at the podcast titles for the score yesterday and it's definitely peak hope. Even Bernstein, who hates everything, is lecturing negative Bears fans.

The station is a shell of it's former self, in the old days they would be ripping George McKaskey for his inept hiring practices which eventually led to the worst record in Bears history, but now it's the same group of like minded "experts" trotted out day after day after day.

Finding podcasts with a national or outside market view will give you more tantalizing content, will be especially interested to hear if there starts to be chatter about the Texans wanting to move up to #1 to make sure they get the guy they want.

There could be an incredible opportunity to acquire tons of early round picks while not having to drop down any lower than #4.

The Texans GM will be under pressure to produce and the owner in Indy will likely be looking to move up for one of the top 2 QB's.

Just have to find your Ryan Pace and let the fleecing begin.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:57 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
even had a cop stop to talk to me while I was out running today because he saw my Bears hat.

Was probably just trying to get you to sell him some Fentanlyl

Have not pursued a career in independent pharmaceutical sales yet, but do know how to access your veins and have tons of experience administering drugs, also know how to monitor you and intervene to prevent you from going into respiratory distress if you take a little bit too much, so it could be a rather lucrative career path.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:58 am 

trade Fields to the Colts for, among other things, #4. Draft Bryce Young AND Will Anderson. Steak dinner, Boom!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:05 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
trade Fields to the Colts for, among other things, #4. Draft Bryce Young AND Will Anderson. Steak dinner, Boom!

I would probably draft Will Levis. Young is going to need elite protection. I just don't see any team at the top of the draft who will have that anytime soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:15 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Finding podcasts with a national or outside market view will give you more tantalizing content, will be especially interested to hear if there starts to be chatter about the Texans wanting to move up to #1 to make sure they get the guy they want.

There could be an incredible opportunity to acquire tons of early round picks while not having to drop down any lower than #4.

The Texans GM will be under pressure to produce and the owner in Indy will likely be looking to move up for one of the top 2 QB's.

Just have to find your Ryan Pace and let the fleecing begin.

Bears one-stop shop for all your future QB needs. Winner gets the #1 overall in exchange for mortgaging their team's future; loser gets Fields in exchange for a haul of draft picks that will insure the team falls flat on its face once Fields proves unable to grok passing in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:25 am 

Jalen Carter reminds you a little of a motivated Akiem Hicks, can push the pile and get upfield, tends to play high, so will get stood up and neutralized by a quality G/C, but fits the 3 tech position perfectly, so it would make perfect sense to take him, just not at #1, especially given the opportunity to get numerous high round picks which will likely fill several starting positions on defense for years.

Did see a mock that had the Georgia QB as a late round pick for the Bears. The kid reminds me of Chase Daniel, could be a decent backup in the league for years.

Seems that a matchup between the o line the Bears trotted out in the season finale against MN would have a hard time with the D line Georgia started against TCU.

Would take Georgia's TE room over the Bears, the Bowers kid is an obvious first rounder.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:28 am 
100000 CLUB

Jalen Carter looks like he'll weigh 500 pounds when he gets NFL money. He also doesn't make many plays and it doesn't look like he can play an entire series without being removed. I'm not touching him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:29 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Did see a mock that had the Georgia QB as a late round pick for the Bears. The kid reminds me of Chase Daniel, could be a decent backup in the league for years.

I saw him listed as a Day 3 guy. I'd take him on Day 3. He will be 26 next year but could be a good backup for a cheap late-round pick.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:30 am 

Nas wrote:
Jalen Carter looks like he'll weigh 500 pounds when he gets NFL money. He also doesn't make many plays and it doesn't look like he can play an entire series without being removed. I'm not touching him.

Yeah, it looks like his idea of being in shape, might just be round. I was really high on him going into this year, but he definitely doesn't play hard on every snap and the Ohio State game was not good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:

I saw him listed as a Day 3 guy. I'd take him on Day 3. He will be 26 next year but could be a good backup for a cheap late-round pick.

I would too. He has a lot of dog in him. Too bad he isn't 3 or 4 years younger.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Clawmaster wrote:
Jalen Carter reminds you a little of a motivated Akiem Hicks, can push the pile and get upfield, tends to play high, so will get stood up and neutralized by a quality G/C, but fits the 3 tech position perfectly, so it would make perfect sense to take him, just not at #1, especially given the opportunity to get numerous high round picks which will likely fill several starting positions on defense for years.

Seems that a matchup between the o line the Bears trotted out in the season finale against MN would have a hard time with the D line Georgia started against TCU.

Would take Georgia's TE room over the Bears, the Bowers kid is an obvious first rounder.

And the Bears got Akiem Hicks for free. You can always find these motivated fat boys off the scrap heap. I love the DT from Detroit Isiah Buggs, who is also a free agent by the way.

Carter is a tough sell to take top 5. But you cant fall past 4 without risk losing a shot at Anderson. I would trade with Carolina at 9 and take Myles Murphy who is a beast edge rusher.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:49 am 

Like the idea of picking up extra 2nd or 3rd round picks because you likely can find your starting C and a starting LB with those picks.

You likely have to overpay for Payne and Davenport to upgrade your d line, not sold on Carter, but you need to get a young dude on the interior who can at least step in and be solid against the run, maybe that happens with a later first or second round pick from the second tier group of guys who are big, but reportedly have motivational issues like Carter. Maybe you just move back a slot or two and take Will Anderson?

Wondering if Poles will move back and pick an OT, but again, none of the guys there are top 5 picks.

I'm sure he has multiple contingency plans and options given nobody really knows what teams will be willing to do on draft day to move up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5