It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: #1 pick predictions
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
blackhawksfan wrote:
What has Poles done so far to give you confidence he can pick and sign the right players. The Packers will retool, the Lions will be a contender next year with all the draft picks they have to rebuild their defense, and the Vikings will be solid. Bears are years away.

Who says there's confidence. He's the GM - there's no way out of that at this point, so you're at his mercy.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
He did a great job tearing it down.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:33 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
you won't get shit for Fields next year if it's a repeat of the last 2 seasons in the passing game.

This off-season you can still sell teams on the possibility Fields has a chance to become a starting level passing QB--personnel around him last 2 seasons, 2 HCs/OCs in 2 years, it's the Bears...yadda.

But if you're sticking with Fields this off-season, you're giving up the ability to dump him on a team that is still seeing potential in a player with multiple seasons left on his rookie deal. Another season of Fields basement dwelling in passer rating and you're not getting any 1st rounders for him, maybe not even 2nds at that point, depending on how much he plays/if he can stay off the injury list while still running for 1000+ yards.

Of course it's a risk that Fields figures out the passing-game if you trade him this year---seems a relatively slight risk that Fields ever changes his ways as a passer.

Eberflus and Poles know the odds of Fields sorting it out the best, better than any other NFL team at least. If they don't believe he will, they can't just put him on the block at the end of the season. Teams will suss that out and not offer enough.

Gotta play it like you're 100% in on Fields, but at the same time be open to listening to offers. And then if/when you decide there's a path to a replacement QB, either via this or long-range speculatively next draft, you counter-offer what you really would like to get for Fields+ and see if they come back with something worth trading him for.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Jesus Christ, Cliff Notes please!!! ^^^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
With all these suggestions I firmly believe we will trade fields and our first 3 picks will be busts and we go 1-17 next year

So we'd lose the playoff game?

The division is going to be bad next year.

The division is not going to be bad, Detroit will be even better, so will Minnesota with a rookie HC. The Packers will suck again though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:

Yup, one of the greatest tank jobs in history.

Now comes an opportunity to stockpile tons of early round picks by trading down, you could theoretically get an early pick or two from the Texans just so they can make sure they get the top QB, and then move down from #2 and pick up more picks, a very rare chance to build tons of draft capital for years to come.

Next year at this at this time we will be talking about the incredible roster Poles has built, or about the opportunity that was squandered.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

Now comes an opportunity to stockpile tons of early round picks by trading down, you could theoretically get an early pick or two from the Texans just so they can make sure they get the top QB, and then move down from #2 and pick up more picks, a very rare chance to build tons of draft capital for years to come.

Next year at this at this time we will be talking about the incredible roster Poles has built, or about the opportunity that was squandered.

I wold be flabbergasted if the Texans trade a bunch of picks to move up one spot to get a wildcard like Young. They will stay put at 2. Some OTHER team may trade up but I very much doubt it would be the texans.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:11 am 

312player wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
With all these suggestions I firmly believe we will trade fields and our first 3 picks will be busts and we go 1-17 next year

The division is not going to be bad, Detroit will be even better, so will Minnesota with a rookie HC. The Packers will suck again though.

Kirk Cousins will begin the year at 35. Granted, he is surrounded by elite offensive talent. I think they are a very soft 13 win team. Detroit also has elite talent on offense. Their defense should keep them around .500. Packers are in flux, so I don't know how to judge where they will be.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:13 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

I wold be flabbergasted if the Texans trade a bunch of picks to move up one spot to get a wildcard like Young. They will stay put at 2. Some OTHER team may trade up but I very much doubt it would be the texans.

People think it would take some kind of haul to move up one spot. Bears gave up 2 thirds and a fourth to move up for Mitch. I'd be really happy with the Texans second to move down.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Kirk Cousins will begin the year at 35. Granted, he is surrounded by elite offensive talent. I think they are a very soft 13 win team. Detroit also has elite talent on offense. Their defense should keep them around .500. Packers are in flux, so I don't know how to judge where they will be.

The Lions have the #6 and #18 pick in the first round. They'll have plenty of opportunity to improve their defense

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
good dolphin wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

People think it would take some kind of haul to move up one spot. Bears gave up 2 thirds and a fourth to move up for Mitch. I'd be really happy with the Texans second to move down.

None of these QB's are awe-inspiring "have to move up for" guys. No clear-cut top QB in this class, Texans can give up nothing, stay put, and still get a QB. The bears best bet is a team a little further down wanting to get one of these guys. Texans are gonna get a guy no matter what.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:38 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

None of these QB's are awe-inspiring "have to move up for" guys. No clear-cut top QB in this class, Texans can give up nothing, stay put, and still get a QB. The bears best bet is a team a little further down wanting to get one of these guys. Texans are gonna get a guy no matter what.

I think this will be a good quarterback class. There is a lot of potential in this draft. I'm reminded of the 2017 draft when the experts didn't love Mahomes and the 2021 draft when the experts thought there were 5 franchise quarterbacks. The experts have been mostly wrong about quarterbacks for the last decade.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:40 am 

thats why i think we take a qb no matter what. if fields doesnt pan out next year no problemo. fucking sick of 40 years of terrible quarterbacks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:44 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's what they say every year and then every year teams make a move for a QB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
good dolphin wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

Unless the Texans fall in love with one of the QB's and want to make sure the Bears don't trade the pick to a team that would take that guy. I'm sure he will be trying to work numerous teams and see what he can get a QB fixated team to give up.

There is also the possibility that you trade back a few spots and then fleece the team that has fallen in love with the grindy white QB from Kentucky for even more picks.

The danger is moving down too far and not having one of the top D players still be there, however, if your looking to fill numerous slots on both sides of the ball it almost makes sense to stockpile as many picks in the early rounds as you can because you have so many needs, and likely find day one starter upgrades at numerous positions in rounds 1-3.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Seattle is the best trade partner:
- they are in the top 5
- they have two firsts and two seconds
- Geno Smith had a revelation of a year but he's aging.

Trade them the pick or trade them Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:39 am 
100000 CLUB

The Colts pick seems like the sweet spot in the draft. The Falcons as a trade partner increases the likelihood of the Bears picking in the top 10 next season and possibly the year after.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:41 am 

That's fine, I want Marvin Harrison Jr.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:45 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
That's fine, I want Marvin Harrison Jr.

He's a top 3 pick, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:45 am 

He would probably be the #1 overall pick in this draft if eligible.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
No chance a WR goes first anytime soon unless you get some weird fluke where a good team has that pick.

Caleb Williams is your #1 next year.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:13 am 

If the intent is to trade Fields, the Colts seem like an excellent location. Great running team already in place, a line with talent (that didn't play up to it this year), and emerging talent at WR.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:14 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
If the intent is to trade Fields, the Colts seem like an excellent location. Great running team already in place, a line with talent (that didn't play up to it this year), and emerging talent at WR.

Didn't they have injuries on their offensive line?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nas wrote:
Fields value may never be higher and the Bears probably aren't winning while he's on his rookie deal. Take the picks.

Hussra wrote:
you won't get shit for Fields next year if it's a repeat of the last 2 seasons in the passing game.

Nas and Hussra may be right here....I'm coming around to the idea of trading Fields. Jimmy G or a stop-gap veteran may be the better idea if that happens. It's one thing to trade Fields, but Poles has to be very careful about drafting a QB. If he drafts a QB this year, it has to hit. Period. It's his second draft and if the QB fails, he'll be out. Waiting a season or if possible 2 seasons, he can possibly get BS his way into an extension.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i'd trade for Tyson Chandler, then draft Eddy Curry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:41 pm 

A bunch of you here would have traded Payton after 1978 because "running backs get beaten up quickly and we need to draft a quarterback."

If Poles is this generation's Jim Finks, they will do well. If he's another Ryan Pace, nothing they do will matter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
A bunch of you here would have traded Payton after 1978 because "running backs get beaten up quickly and we need to draft a quarterback."

If Poles is this generation's Jim Finks, they will do well. If he's another Ryan Pace, nothing they do will matter.

No, a running back who is an elite runner is valuable. A quarterback who doesn't pass well may not be.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's

Why do you assume we'd trade Payton? It was a totally different game back then.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:51 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Why do you assume we'd trade Payton? It was a totally different game back then.

Because people like the new shiny model and the hope that comes with it.

I'm not saying Fields is going to be anywhere near a Hall of Fame, unless he buys a ticket. But that 1978 team had as many holes around it (and less free agency) as this team has today. Sports radio callers would have been all over trying to trade Payton for 5-6 draft picks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The '78 team had holes, yet the '79 team went 10-6. 2023 Bears win 10 games, they're almost assured a playoff spot.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next