It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:51 pm 

Every time I mock draft, using only the current draft order, I get:

1. Will Anderson, Edge, Alabama
2. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota

It's uncanny, because they have him ranked right at the Bears current second round slot and no team ever picks him early.

I like both picks. Then I see that there are other good looking centers available further down the draft and I think I should have moved on another position earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
Every time I mock draft, using only the current draft order, I get:

1. Will Anderson, Edge, Alabama
2. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota

It's uncanny, because they have him ranked right at the Bears current second round slot and no team ever picks him early.

I like both picks. Then I see that there are other good looking centers available further down the draft and I think I should have moved on another position earlier.

I think you're drafting for the zone offense. I think just about any strong and athletic guy would work.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Poles has shown he likes to grab best player on board and not draft for need, but it makes sense to use a second or third round pick to grab the guy that should be your center for the next 5 years, and given the fact that they likely will have to overpay significantly to grab whatever top OT, DT, DE, or OG they can get it makes sense financially to draft a plug and play guy at the position like the Chiefs.

Yet another reason trading down and picking up an extra 2 seems to be the best solution to addressing the numerous glaring holes on the roster.

Building the via the draft would be a change for the Bears, especially given their recent history at GM, but trading away draft capital for guys like Cutler and Mack got them the worst record in the NFL, so it seems a new approach with a GM that actually values draft capital is way past due.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I’ve been on board since the season ended with trading back twice (with Houston then Indy respectively). It’s imperative they get the 2024 1st in both those trades tho.. that means you’re almost guaranteed 2 top 10 picks next year with a chance to grab Caleb Williams if Fields doesn’t work out.. and you get either Carter or Anderson this year too.

On the other hand, if Fields takes a big leap next year and is ‘the guy’ and the Bears wind up with the 1st overall pick again due to the trades this year.. imagine the hall you get for a guy like Williams? The Bears in theory could become a powerhouse in the NFL while also securing shots at top 10 draft picks for years to come with a trade like that.

Just imagine a perennial super bowl contender that also picks in the top 10 for several years?

Of course, a lot of things have to fall into place for this scenario to play out.. and Poles actually has to be good at drafting on top of it. But still..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
I’ve been on board since the season ended with trading back twice (with Houston then Indy respectively). It’s imperative they get the 2024 1st in both those trades tho.. that means you’re almost guaranteed 2 top 10 picks next year with a chance to grab Caleb Williams if Fields doesn’t work out.. and you get either Carter or Anderson this year too.

On the other hand, if Fields takes a big leap next year and is ‘the guy’ and the Bears wind up with the 1st overall pick again due to the trades this year.. imagine the hall you get for a guy like Williams? The Bears in theory could become a powerhouse in the NFL while also securing shots at top 10 draft picks for years to come with a trade like that.

Just imagine a perennial super bowl contender that also picks in the top 10 for several years?

Of course, a lot of things have to fall into place for this scenario to play out.. and Poles actually has to be good at drafting on top of it. But still..

I want to believe Fields will be fine, so Harrison Jr could be the focus.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
The best scenario is getting Houston to give up picks to move up because they do not want the Colts to move up and grab the QB they want.

This is unlikely, but you then get the other teams in need of a QB calling and sift through the offers, have heard the Colts like Levis, so if Houston takes one of the other QB's you still have interest from the Colts and teams like the Raiders.

Several other posters have rightly pointed out that the Raiders and Texans likely suck for several years, so you are getting top 5 picks for next year, can see the Colts who have offensive line infrastructure in place having a better chance of winning games with a rookie QB.

There has been, and will continue to be endless speculation on the possibilities until draft day, which will be the most interesting draft day in Bears history.

If Poles makes the right moves, he sets up the franchise for the next 5-10 years, screwing it up will keep the Bears in NFL hell and lead to a quick demise for Poles and for George, who seemingly could not survive yet another spectacular failure in the GM/HC hiring process.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:05 am 

Richardson is gonna move up quite a bit by draft day. He’s got a cannon for an arm and his improvisation skills when a play breaks down are off the charts. This increases the ability for multiple trades the Bears can make on draft day imo.

Still, my best case scenario for the Bears is the double trade with both Houston then Indy -the Raiders are too far back imo. The Bears need to remain in position to land either Anderson or Carter -they need to come out of this draft with a couple difference makers and those are the top 2 from my view point.

Both Houston and Indy will most likely yield top 5 picks in next years draft as those organizations are in disarray. The Raiders will most likely be bad too, but moving back to their top pick this year isn’t worth it imo unless the Bears do a 3rd trade back which I might be on board with. Thing is, the double trade back is going to be rare enough, a triple would be crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Why is everyone convinced the Texans and Colts are going to trade a bunch of draft picks to get a QB? Isn't the QB class much better next year?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
blackhawksfan wrote:
Why is everyone convinced the Texans and Colts are going to trade a bunch of draft picks to get a QB? Isn't the QB class much better next year?

I think we are hoping, but no one is actually convinced.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Bears are going to absolutely fuck this up. In the back of your minds, you all know this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Caller Bob wrote:
The Bears are going to absolutely fuck this up. In the back of your minds, you all know this.

You must be fun to party with.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:26 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You must be fun to party with.

The Claypool trade is looking like a disaster and he should have got more for Roquan. It's an 0-2 count

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
blackhawksfan wrote:

Not when your job is on the line.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:52 pm 

Cashman wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Not when your job is on the line.

The Texans have a new head coach which means the general manager will most likely be there at least another few years, plus they have 12 draft picks this year and two first rounders next year. Unless you're convinced that one of these quarterbacks is at least a top 15 quarterback it makes better sense to just surround your future QB with talent. The easiest way to get fired is to draft a bust at quarterback while trading away half of your draft capital and finishing last. I'm not saying it's not going to happen but it seems like people on the score and Twitter act like these general managers are idiots.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

The GM barely survived this time around. He has 1 season to show improvement. I could see the Texans taking Anderson though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:00 pm 

Nas wrote:
The GM barely survived this time around. He has 1 season to show improvement. I could see the Texans taking Anderson though.

The Texans on Wednesday officially signed new general manager Nick Caserio to a six-year contract that averages at least $6 million annually, according to league sources not authorized to speak publicly. The former New England Patriots director of player of personnel reached an agreement in principle Tuesday night.Jan 6, 2021

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:04 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:

Caleb Williams would be the #1 pick this year but the draft class isn't all together better next year and it's a big chance hoping you are the worst team in the league next year and you get him. Plus, they know Fields is likely to regress and the Bears are drafting him next year anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:08 pm 

Brick wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Caleb Williams would be the #1 pick this year but the draft class isn't all together better next year and it's a big chance hoping you are the worst team in the league next year and you get him. Plus, they know Fields is likely to regress and the Bears are drafting him next year anyways.

Biggest revelation: Brick predicting the Bears to be the worst team in the NFL next year!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

blackhawksfan wrote:
Nas wrote:

The Texans on Wednesday officially signed new general manager Nick Caserio to a six-year contract that averages at least $6 million annually, according to league sources not authorized to speak publicly. The former New England Patriots director of player of personnel reached an agreement in principle Tuesday night.Jan 6, 2021

Disregard my previous post. I'm an idiot, but the Texans are an even bigger one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:18 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:

Two things: it’s wishful thinking, no one is sure what anyone is going to do. We’ve just been rolling out our best case scenario’s.

2nd.. as Brick mentions there’s no guarantee you’re in the same position next year. So.. it’s a ‘bird in hand’ scenario that makes it much more likely they go for this years top guys while they actually have a chance.

And as I mentioned, Richardson is likely to wow enough at the combine that he moves comfortably into say the top 15 at least for discussion and that gives you 4 top QB prospects this year in total. Which is a solid number of good prospects. That’s why the combine timeline is really important.. because that’s when scouts and teams really start dreaming and seeing nothing but potential. This will drive the market.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:52 pm 

These fantasies about Poles trading back multiple times and landing a Hershel Walker haul are pretty funny.

First off, there is no clear cut #1 QB in this draft. If Bryce Young were 6'2 yeah, maybe, but plenty of mocks have Stroud as the first QB off the board and I have even seen one with Levis the first QB off the board. Also the Bears aren't the only players in this trade back game. Arizona, for better or worse, is stuck with Murray so they are a trade back partner, and it looks like Seattle is going to roll with Geno, so they are a trade back partner as well. I'd settle for a modest trade back a few spots, hopefully the GM doesn't take Poles to school like in the Claypool or Roquan Smith trades.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Aren't 5 of the teams drafting in the top 10 potentially or definitely seeking a QB? That would seem to put the Bears in a pretty good position for getting a decent return on a trade.

I personally would be reluctant to trade any lower than #4.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:12 pm 

Four of the teams in the top 10 are set at QB, five if you include Atlanta it seems like they are going to roll with Ridder next year

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:25 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
These fantasies about Poles trading back multiple times and landing a Hershel Walker haul are pretty funny.

First off, there is no clear cut #1 QB in this draft. If Bryce Young were 6'2 yeah, maybe, but plenty of mocks have Stroud as the first QB off the board and I have even seen one with Levis the first QB off the board. Also the Bears aren't the only players in this trade back game. Arizona, for better or worse, is stuck with Murray so they are a trade back partner, and it looks like Seattle is going to roll with Geno, so they are a trade back partner as well. I'd settle for a modest trade back a few spots, hopefully the GM doesn't take Poles to school like in the Claypool or Roquan Smith trades.

They need one of these qbs to have an unbelievable workout day.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

If it doesn't work out, Marshall Manning will be there in 2033.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

If there were a clear top prospect at QB this year, the Bears would use the #1 pick on him.

Laurence Holmes says that Bryce Young will be better than Drew Brees. But he also says that the Bears aren't interested. When asked why that's the case, he said "Because I think Fields will be better." :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
If there were a clear top prospect at QB this year, the Bears would use the #1 pick on him.

Laurence Holmes says that Bryce Young will be better than Drew Brees. But he also says that the Bears aren't interested. When asked why that's the case, he said "Because I think Fields will be better." :lol:

I'm still not positive they won't draft Young. Although Getsy talks up Fields every chance he gets.

What's better than a HoF quarterback that's one of the top 15 greatest quarterbacks of all time? GOAT?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I'm still not positive they won't draft Young. Although Getsy talks up Fields every chance he gets.

What's better than a HoF quarterback that's one of the top 15 greatest quarterbacks of all time? GOAT?

Da Bears Blog says that Poles became sold on Fields during his hot rushing streak. Apparently DBB's source is Ted's son.

Based on everything I've seen, I don't believe Poles likes Fields, nor am I sure why he would feel confident enough in him to risk his career by betting on Fields.

I think it's entirely possible that he takes Young with the #1 pick--or tries to position the Bears for a top pick next year so he can take a QB.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:42 am 

Young is the clear #1. That doesn't mean someone won't go crazy for Levis. Someone is trading for the Bears pick unless they go QB and trade Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:45 am 

Brick wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Michael Pratt from Tulane is also a guy I think will have a lot of people talking at the end of next year. He's improved every year. He's mobile and tough. He made that team into a winner, even against Caleb Williams. If Drake Maye comes out, he will have every bit of the hype of Williams and they will go 1-2.

Then you'll have a hype guy like Shadeur Sanders. JJ Mc Carthy will be one of those guys who might have underproduced in college but has all the ability pros want.

I think next year will be a bumper crop for qb.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next