It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:51 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Nas wrote:
The GM barely survived this time around. He has 1 season to show improvement. I could see the Texans taking Anderson though.

The Texans on Wednesday officially signed new general manager Nick Caserio to a six-year contract that averages at least $6 million annually, according to league sources not authorized to speak publicly. The former New England Patriots director of player of personnel reached an agreement in principle Tuesday night.Jan 6, 2021

That was an otherwise boring news day as nothing happened on Jan 6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Brick wrote:
Young is the clear #1. That doesn't mean someone won't go crazy for Levis. Someone is trading for the Bears pick unless they go QB and trade Fields.

Somebody will, but I doubt it will be any of these dream scenarios where the Texans give up multiple future first-rounders to move up one spot, or Indy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:07 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
man of few opinions wrote:
Brick wrote:
Young is the clear #1. That doesn't mean someone won't go crazy for Levis. Someone is trading for the Bears pick unless they go QB and trade Fields.

Somebody will, but I doubt it will be any of these dream scenarios where the Texans give up multiple future first-rounders to move up one spot, or Indy.

You're not getting a future first from the Texans. There is a chance you may be able to get their extra first they have in this draft. More likely than not, you'll get their 2nd round pick+.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:11 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
These fantasies about Poles trading back multiple times and landing a Hershel Walker haul are pretty funny.

First off, there is no clear cut #1 QB in this draft. If Bryce Young were 6'2 yeah, maybe, but plenty of mocks have Stroud as the first QB off the board and I have even seen one with Levis the first QB off the board. Also the Bears aren't the only players in this trade back game. Arizona, for better or worse, is stuck with Murray so they are a trade back partner, and it looks like Seattle is going to roll with Geno, so they are a trade back partner as well. I'd settle for a modest trade back a few spots, hopefully the GM doesn't take Poles to school like in the Claypool or Roquan Smith trades.

I do agree that there is probably only one trade down.

I think you are seeing the situation incorrectly. We WANT Arizona to trade down. That would make Indy even more desperate to move in front of the team at #3...but what team would want to trade with Arizona and leave the pick indefinite when they know the Bears are open to a trade with which they could secure their guy. The question is, how far down the Bears are willing to move. You would have to knock my socks off to trade out of drafting Will Anderson.

Those predicting Indy being bad next year haven't looked at the roster. They have a top 5 RB, 2+ good WR, and an OL that prior to 2022 was considered one of the best in the league. Put even a competent QB in that group and I think they are fighting for a playoff spot. I think they think that as well and are tired of the one year retreads.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:13 am 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

You're not getting a future first from the Texans. There is a chance you may be able to get their extra first they have in this draft. More likely than not, you'll get their 2nd round pick+.

Their 2023 second round pick is the beginning of the negotiation.

Next year's first is less valuable that this year's first, in term's of NFL thinking.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:24 am 
100000 CLUB

I'm hoping we address DT in free agency so we can ignore Jalen Carter. I don't think there is a chance Will Anderson is there beyond the 3rd pick. Trading down twice is definitely possible with teams 7-11. Will Myles Murphy still be there?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:04 am 

Nas wrote:
I'm hoping we address DT in free agency so we can ignore Jalen Carter. I don't think there is a chance Will Anderson is there beyond the 3rd pick. Trading down twice is definitely possible with teams 7-11. Will Myles Murphy still be there?

It's still indefinite that the Commanders franchise tag Payne. Even if he's not available, Hargreaves is a FA. His consistent production is actually better than Payne, but he's older.

The other thing to remember is that it looks like a very good draft for edge rushers. If they can get back into the early part of the second round, someone good, like Carter from Army, will be available.

They need to go after DL in both FA and the draft no matter what.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
If the bears do get to 4, any chance the Seahawks try to jump up for Levis out of fear the bears trade down to panthers/raiders? A perfect draft would be trading down to 2,4 and then 5. Each trade you skim picks but also allows you to still get Carter/Anderson in the top 5.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

There is a chance that after the Colts trade up to #1, the Texans will take Anderson at #2, and the Cardinals will take Carter at #3. The Texans may believe they could use their #12 pick and future draft capital to get back into the quarterback derby at #4.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:39 am 

That is a risk… but that still leaves you at 4 with the second best qb still on the board. I’m not a fan of Carter. And I dont think Anderson changes the team around over night. Get every pick you can. Especially if Poles wants to draft via best player available. Give him as many bullets as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
TurdFerguson wrote:
That is a risk… but that still leaves you at 4 with the second best qb still on the board. I’m not a fan of Carter. And I dont think Anderson changes the team around over night. Get every pick you can. Especially if Poles wants to draft via best player available. Give him as many bullets as possible.

Have Parkins send him an allotment of Blue Chew so he has lots of bullets ready to fire.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:32 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:

Team him with the top FA DT and he does.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:59 am 

Brick wrote:

Who thinks the Texans will do that?

The Colts may have to offer next year's first also along with a second or third round pick this year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:06 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

The Colts may have to offer next year's first also along with a second or third round pick this year.

When you are not trolling, you probably have the most logical thoughts on the board. I felt the same with your early Covid opinions. Voice of reason.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
denisdman wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

When you are not trolling, you probably have the most logical thoughts on the board. I felt the same with your early Covid opinions. Voice of reason.

'
^ Two pussies that wanted America locked down over a flu virus. Sad!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:12 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

'

No I did not want it locked down and Brick was about a month behind me in my call to open up. We both felt early on, we needed to be careful until we knew if this was going to wipe out a large portion of the population.

I specifically fled to Wisconsin which was unmasked by May because I wanted things to be open.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:46 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

'

No I did not want it locked down and Brick was about a month behind me in my call to open up. We both felt early on, we needed to be careful until we knew if this was going to wipe out a large portion of the population.

I specifically fled to Wisconsin which was unmasked by May because I wanted things to be open.

I thought it was taxes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:01 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Same source that said Stroud was likely going back to Ohio State probably.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:02 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Same source that said Stroud was likely going back to Ohio State probably.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

I'm seeing proposals that have the Colts getting the #1 pick without giving up a 2024 first. Outside of a deal with the Texans, you can't trade the #1 pick without getting at least one future first round pick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:53 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

I thought it was taxes

I didn’t become a WI resident until February 2022. I fled in the summer of 2020 and worked from home. I sold my IL place in October 2021 and decided not to rent or buy there after enjoying the 2021/2022 winter in WI. Then I settled for good up here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:14 am 

Nas wrote:
I'm seeing proposals that have the Colts getting the #1 pick without giving up a 2024 first. Outside of a deal with the Texans, you can't trade the #1 pick without getting at least one future first round pick.

Was that the cbs article that also included the bucs going from 19 to 3 by trading a 2nd, 4th and a 2024 1st. That article was just crap. I think he used what the bears paid when they jumped from 20-10 for fields.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Demeco Ryans just got a 6 year contract. He's a defensive coach and his scheme is reliant on getting pressure with four. Both Carter and Anderson would be great fits. Houston does not need to draft a QB this cycle, especially if they don't love one. He has the job security to wait until 2024 to take his QB.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Demeco Ryans just got a 6 year contract. He's a defensive coach and his scheme is reliant on getting pressure with four. Both Carter and Anderson would be great fits. Houston does not need to draft a QB this cycle, especially if they don't love one. He has the job security to wait until 2024 to take his QB.

They could try to trade up with the Browns pick for a quarterback. If the Bears trade the first pick, they have to understand there is a chance they don't get Will Anderson.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

There’s no guarantee they’ll be in a position next year to get the guy they want, no guarantee a team behind them right now doesn’t trade ahead of them and grab the guy they like now.. and I also wouldn’t be too sure Ryans has ultimate say anyway (unless they gave him GM powers too which I don’t know about)

Welcome back bud

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I agree, but that’s also kind of my point. There’s no guarantees with them either way. I think theres a solid case to be made that everyone assuming they are looking for a QB this draft is wrong. I also think that with their current roster and with the additional Watson trade draft capital, they can safely guess they will be in a spot to go after Caleb or Maye next year. Think it all depends on if they love a QB this cycle, and many scouts dont love any of these guys.

Ty sir

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:51 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I agree, but that’s also kind of my point. There’s no guarantees with them either way. I think theres a solid case to be made that everyone assuming they are looking for a QB this draft is wrong. I also think that with their current roster and with the additional Watson trade draft capital, they can safely guess they will be in a spot to go after Caleb or Maye next year. Think it all depends on if they love a QB this cycle, and many scouts dont love any of these guys.

Ty sir

My biggest concern with Houston specifically is if there’s 2 QB’s they feel equal about.. that kills a quick trade back with them on the spot. Other than that, I think it’s reasonable to assume they’re in the mix as much as anyone to trade up -it also costs them the least of all the teams in the mix as they’re literally coming up from #2.

Depending on the other offers sitting out there id almost be willing to swap with them just to get the #12 overall pick too.. then trade with Indy for whatever they offer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:58 am 
100000 CLUB

I don't think we are getting the 12th pick so the Texans can move up 1 spot. I think it's more likely the Texans will take Anderson at #2 if the Colts jump ahead of them. Then the Texans would offer the 12th pick, the Browns 2024 first round pick, and other picks to get back into the QB derby. My fear is they'll make that deal with the Lions at 6.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:23 pm 

Nas wrote:
I don't think we are getting the 12th pick so the Texans can move up 1 spot. I think it's more likely the Texans will take Anderson at #2 if the Colts jump ahead of them. Then the Texans would offer the 12th pick, the Browns 2024 first round pick, and other picks to get back into the QB derby. My fear is they'll make that deal with the Lions at 6.

I think the combine is going to ramp things up.. Richardson is going to turn some heads at that point and add fuel to the fire. I get the feeling that many of these teams that need QB’s are going to get anxious about landing their guy and knowing the team holding the 1st pick is open for business is going to drive them to make moves.

Realistically with guys like Myles Murphy, the dude from Texas Tech and so on you can argue that this is a much deeper class talent wise at DL than QB.. so you can wait to select one of those guys. But QB, there’s 3 guys right now with 1 being touted as the best, and a 4th in Richardson that could go anywhere.

The combine and personal workouts is going to change everything. That’s when teams will start falling in love with players (for better or worse).. and that’s where the Bears can take advantage of the situation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:22 pm 

Nas wrote:

Maybe Texans and colts will happen in the opposite order. Bear trad 1 to colts. Texans take anderson. Cads take carter. Texans trade 12 to bears for 4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next