It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
I don't think we are getting the 12th pick so the Texans can move up 1 spot. I think it's more likely the Texans will take Anderson at #2 if the Colts jump ahead of them. Then the Texans would offer the 12th pick, the Browns 2024 first round pick, and other picks to get back into the QB derby. My fear is they'll make that deal with the Lions at 6.

Maybe Texans and colts will happen in the opposite order. Bear trad 1 to colts. Texans take anderson. Cads take carter. Texans trade 12 to bears for 4

I'm cool with that. We'll probably miss out on Myles Murphy though.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Poles will undoubtably get calls if he trades back to #4, especially if a QB someone covets is still there, the Raiders seem logical if they can't pull of a trade for a vet, just depends on how far you are will to trade down, still can get one of the top O line prospects at #7.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Clawmaster wrote:
Poles will undoubtably get calls if he trades back to #4, especially if a QB someone covets is still there, the Raiders seem logical if they can't pull of a trade for a vet, just depends on how far you are will to trade down, still can get one of the top O line prospects at #7.

I’d rather see them address d-line or WR with that top pick than OL, the value is better.. as they should be able to pull at least 2 top tier linemen in free agency and target a guy like Minnesota’s Schmitz in the 2nd round.. WR and DL dip pretty hard imo outside of the 1st tho.

They need to stay in the range of at least Murphy at edge or Johnston, Addison, and Flowers at WR, all of which should be gone by pick 20 or so. Wideout has a little more talent than the DL in this draft but not by a lot -and your best values for those positions this time around will be in the 1st round.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:50 pm 

And for what it’s worth I really do like some of the centers in this draft -and most should still be there in the 2nd. That’s the position I hope they target in the 2nd. If done right thru FA and the draft, the Bears could realistically fix almost every O-line problem they have this off season.

Another reason I hope the Bears can snag a decent trade or two for that 1st is so they can move a pick in trade for Tee Higgins should he become available

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:44 am 

Seems Poles would like to get at least one and maybe two FA's on the O and D line. Hearing that some of the top FA guys may be tagged and might not make it to the market, so you will get guys that are solid pro's, but not difference makers which would be a tremendous upgrade over what they trotted out last year.

Really tempting to move down and pick up extra picks, but getting a guy that can come in day one and be a difference maker on your D line gets problematic if you trade down past #4 unless Poles has higher grades on Murphy and Wilson, but both those guys are likely gone if you move down to #7 or even #9.

A run at the top where you get 3 of the QB's taken in the first 3 picks opens up an opportunity get the Raiders, Falcon, or Panthers in a bidding war for #4 if you are able to pull of the highly anticipated and discussed move with the Colts.

That said, Will Anderson is the only guy that the draft experts think will have a day one impact as an edge rusher, but a bit undersized and may struggle to hold the edge and Carter, who seems like a perfect three technique, has some questions about his work ethic.

Poles may have completely different grades on these guys, he might see one of the OT's as the safest and best move? Hearing Dawand Jones was dominant in one on one drills at the Senior Bowl before suffering a concussion, seems like the type of dude they could snag if they had extra second round picks and plug in at RT for the next 5 years along with the top C prospect. You then throw in a FA at G or LT and you have upgraded your offensive line signficantly in one offseason.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:44 am 
100000 CLUB

If the Bears can trade down once or multiple times and land Anderson or Murphy, I will be excited. I will be disappointed if we draft Carter or Bresee in the first round.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:32 pm 

Nas wrote:
If the Bears can trade down once or multiple times and land Anderson or Murphy, I will be excited. I will be disappointed if we draft Carter or Bresee in the first round.

It’s weird because I like Carter.. but what scares me about Bresee is also what bothers me about Carter -lack of production.

I still think Carter will be fine at the pro level but I’m with you, I’d be disappointed in a Bresee pick. And tbh, after some of his picks last year like Jones, I have serious questions about Poles when it comes to evaluating and reaching. He’s already shown some ‘smartest guy in the room’ tendencies and that’s a really bad thing.

But we’ll find out when the draft hits and Poles has a full card of draft picks to work with.. last year would have been tough for just about anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

It’s weird because I like Carter.. but what scares me about Bresee is also what bothers me about Carter -lack of production.

I still think Carter will be fine at the pro level but I’m with you, I’d be disappointed in a Bresee pick. And tbh, after some of his picks last year like Jones, I have serious questions about Poles when it comes to evaluating and reaching. He’s already shown some ‘smartest guy in the room’ tendencies and that’s a really bad thing.

But we’ll find out when the draft hits and Poles has a full card of draft picks to work with.. last year would have been tough for just about anyone.

To me, they should be focused in getting ten good to excellent starting players out of the draft and free agency next season. I see four guys on offense and six on defense. Their climb to the play-offs next year will occur and will be made easier by the talent of Justin Fields.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:35 am 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

At least you can see Carter's strength on display for the 1 play per series he plays. Bresee is living off of high school still.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:25 am 

I'm 6'5 and can run a 4.4 40. High endurance horsecock doesn't equate to touchdowns

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
IkeSouth wrote:
I'm 6'5 and can run a 4.4 40. High endurance horsecock doesn't equate to touchdowns

40ft?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:07 am 

OL is a need. Skoronski is the best in the draft and will be available at 9. Some people get hung up on particular body types rather than scouting the player. He provides versatility no matter what they do in free agency. If they sign a RT, he can be an excellent guard on day 1. If Jones doesn't progress, he can be their LT.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
good dolphin wrote:
OL is a need. Skoronski is the best in the draft and will be available at 9. Some people get hung up on particular body types rather than scouting the player. He provides versatility no matter what they do in free agency. If they sign a RT, he can be an excellent guard on day 1. If Jones doesn't progress, he can be their LT.

Short arms don’t concern you at LT?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:14 am 

Skoronski worries me. He seems like an NFL guard. Can you really go guard at 9? I know guard is a need. But Tackle and DL are also big needs. Can you pass on that for a guard?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:19 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Short arms don’t concern you at LT?

not to the point I would pass on talent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:37 am 

One of the top o lineman or one of the second tier d line guys will be there, will be interesting to see which direction Poles takes here.

Seeing a few potential scenarios where Carter drops to #9, that would be tempting, kind of the ultimate boom or bust prospect, have seen stuff where he is a perennial pro bowl guy, or a guy that doesn't care, where most have Skoronski rated as an instant starter, the whole floor vs ceiling thing is always in play.

Also seeing stuff about a team with a specific need trying to trade up, or if one of the QB's falls to here your likely getting calls to trade back up, so still will be an interesting spot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:55 am 

assume all 4 qb go before 9

the best case scenario for the bears is for there to be a run on cb and there is definitely enough talent for up to 3 to go top 10.

then we also have to hope for 1 WR to pop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Clawmaster wrote:
One of the top o lineman or one of the second tier d line guys will be there, will be interesting to see which direction Poles takes here.

Seeing a few potential scenarios where Carter drops to #9, that would be tempting, kind of the ultimate boom or bust prospect, have seen stuff where he is a perennial pro bowl guy, or a guy that doesn't care, where most have Skoronski rated as an instant starter, the whole floor vs ceiling thing is always in play.

Also seeing stuff about a team with a specific need trying to trade up, or if one of the QB's falls to here your likely getting calls to trade back up, so still will be an interesting spot.

The temptation to trade down for a team like the Bears is strong, right? Unless Poles sees a blue chip guy slip down to 9 and takes him thankfully, I would certainly think that he will trade down as long as long as it isn't too far down.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:31 pm 

Still my guy at 9.

I'm more than happy to "only" get an All Pro guard if he doesn't shake out at RT.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
good dolphin wrote:
Still my guy at 9.

I'm more than happy to "only" get an All Pro guard if he doesn't shake out at RT.

I'm with you. Skoronski or Paris Johnson are the picks I'd be very very happy with.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
If we tanked for a fucking guard I'm going to drink a pint of ether

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Caller Bob wrote:
If we tanked for a fucking guard I'm going to drink a pint of ether

Oh thank God this was all worth something.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Still my guy at 9.

I'm with you. Skoronski or Paris Johnson are the picks I'd be very very happy with.

If Carter, Skoronski, Johnson, Smith-Ngjba (sp?) and the CB from Illinois are all still there at 9, should Poles trade down to 11-14 if he can get a 3rd and a 4th for his troubles?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Still my guy at 9.

Is Paris Johnson really considered that strong of a prospect? Brandon Thorn and Dane Brugler seem to think he tops out as an above average tackle.

Broderick Jones seems to have more potential, but he is far more raw based on the videos I've watched.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Tall Midget wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Still my guy at 9.

Is Paris Johnson really considered that strong of a prospect? Brandon Thorn and Dane Brugler seem to think he tops out as an above average tackle.

Broderick Jones seems to have more potential, but he is far more raw based on the videos I've watched.

I'll be happy with Broderick Jones, as well.
It looks like Paris Johnson has fallen a little from a few weeks ago.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tall Midget wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Still my guy at 9.

I’ve heard Johnson has a weak lower body. Seems suboptimal.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Still my guy at 9.

I’ve heard Johnson has a weak lower body. Seems suboptimal.

Yeah but she uses a thigh master obsessively.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think I'd prefer Bijan Robinson over any of the OL prospects except possibly Skoronski and Wright (assuming the decision to go with Wright would allow the Bears to trade back for a mid-first round pick this year and an additional second rounder in 2023 or 2024).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The Bears had the #1 rushing attack last year (despite all their other fuckups), how does Bijan Robinson improve the team?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
The Bears had the #1 rushing attack last year (despite all their other fuckups), how does Bijan Robinson improve the team?

The selection of Robinson will facilitate the overall development of the offensive scheme by fitting the quarterback into his proper role as a passer and a running back into his role as the team's leading rusher. This in turn should make the passing attack more effective in play-action and consistently create bigger passing windows for Fields. If Fields fails to establish himself as a proficient passer with the additions of Moore and Robinson (and Claypool), the Bears can then confidently move to a new QB selection in the 2024 draft. The development of this QB will be significantly facilitated by the presence of an elite RB talent like Robinson.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next