It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
And even then I'm not sold. Seriously you gave me 51 new guys around Fields fine. Who really can you give any fucks about but Fields? And if someone gave you a couple picks for Fields would you really feel that bad about a completely new 52? Not me. Fuck them all. This was literally the worst Bears team of my lifetime. Maybe of all time. Burn this motherfucker down.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:22 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I've got to believe they draft another QB after a couple rounds especially if they trade down from #1. I can't believe Poles will hinge this rebuild (and his job) on one of the worst passers in the NFL without a backup plan.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
vitoscotti wrote:
I've got to believe they draft another QB after a couple rounds especially if they trade down from #1. I can't believe Poles will hinge this rebuild (and his job) on one of the worst passers in the NFL without a backup plan.

I don't think he will, either. He hit a home run with the rebuild planning. He couldn't possibly risk it all for Fields.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:38 am 

Nas wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

I don't think he will, either. He hit a home run with the rebuild planning. He couldn't possibly risk it all for Fields.

Can he survive the onslaught from the media and fans tjough?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:47 am 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

I think he could. It just adds some short term pressure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:58 am 

Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

I think he could. It just adds some short term pressure.

I don't think he can unless they take Young. It would also need Fields to not figure out how to read a coverage with a new team. Which I guess is what you are banking on if you trade him.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:06 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
If Fields turns it around (like we all hope he does) and meets his potential. Becomes a top 10 rtg QB next year with a high upside drafted backup Poles is in a win-win situation. Greats sports day today indeed. Next root for the Ravens to lose.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:12 am 

You hope he makes the same jump Hurts has. If he doesn't next year, its probably not happening. Very few are like Ryan Tannehill who finally put it together in year seven.

QBR

Josh Allen

Jalen Hurts

Fields
???

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
He either does not trust his skill guys to make plays, or does not see plays developing, he dazzles you with his off the charts speed and athleticism, but befuddles you with inability to throw a forward pass to a back standing 20 feet away.

That said, massive upgrades on the o line and front 7 on defense likely gets you to 8-9 wins which will be enough to maybe sneak into the playoffs.

The only adjustment that really worked this year was calling more designed QB runs, that was the one change that befuddled the Patriots in what was easily the best game the Bears played, it got teams off balance for a time, but they were never able to take advantage of the D filling the box to stop the run.

You saw Philly try to take advantage of one on one outside matches repeatedly until they hit a few late, Fields would miss a downfield throw early and then never pull the trigger again, it seemed like he just did not trust or believe in his WR group to make plays, not surprising because it was a rather pedestrian group of vets that other teams have given up on for reasons that became glaringly apparent when given playing time this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Seems pretty simple. If you can get 2 #1s for Fields you do it, if you can't, you stick with him. If you can get 3 #1's for the 1st pick, you do that too.

49ers are doing OK being stacked everywhere but QB. Aren't 5 #1s more important than a QB?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Seems pretty simple. If you can get 2 #1s for Fields you do it, if you can't, you stick with him. If you can get 3 #1's for the 1st pick, you do that too.

49ers are doing OK being stacked everywhere but QB. Aren't 5 #1s more important than a QB?

No

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nardi wrote:

Lynch is a great gm, he identifies talent and coaching .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:52 am 

seeing how bad out backups are, keep fields and still take a QB with the #1 pick. fields starter no matter what 2023, but position up for grabs after that or worst case we have a top prospect to trade. best case fields get inevitably hurt and we dont skip a beat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
IkeSouth wrote:
seeing how bad out backups are, keep fields and still take a QB with the #1 pick. fields starter no matter what 2023, but position up for grabs after that or worst case we have a top prospect to trade. best case fields get inevitably hurt and we dont skip a beat.

if the bears keep fields AND draft a QB #1 they fucked up bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:00 am 

Darkside wrote:
And even then I'm not sold. Seriously you gave me 51 new guys around Fields fine. Who really can you give any fucks about but Fields? And if someone gave you a couple picks for Fields would you really feel that bad about a completely new 52? Not me. Fuck them all. This was literally the worst Bears team of my lifetime. Maybe of all time. Burn this motherfucker down.

You didn't like Khalil Herbert averaging 5.7 YPC and playing on a low round rookie contract? Or Cole Kmet becoming a TD threat now that they finally gave him a chance in the red zone?

Everyone trashes the Bears talent but they have pieces at the skill positions.

They also have talent in the defensive backfield.

Build the lines on both sides of the ball and there will be an immediate transformation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:09 am 

Dolphin is right, but you all can book on Claypool and V. Jones being back.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:12 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Build the lines on both sides of the ball and there will be an immediate transformation.

Yep priority has to be the lines on both sides, LBs and WRs.

They can be way different next year with a few additions.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Why would the Bears draft a QB? LOL They're sticking with Fields as a running QB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:35 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

they already have four definites at WR

Mooney
Claypool
Jones
Brown

That leaves them two spots. There is no sure fire star in FA. Maybe they get someone like DJ Chark or Darius Slayton who is young, has shown some potential and makes a jump. I don't think/want them to go early in the draft on a WR. I think they can kick the can down the road on the draft if they sign someone like those two.

I like the idea of then also upgrading the TE room and using more two TE looks. Nas liked Dalton Schultz. I like the idea of a Mike Gesicki on a bounce back contract. There are a lot of interesting options. A lot. They have deep threats in the WR group. If they can get Kmet and another TE to patrol the middle, that's a viable pass offense.

I love Montgomery. There are a lot better runners available in FA. He's a great all around back but its clear Herbert should be the guy getting the majority of the carries.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:38 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Mooney
Claypool
Jones
Brown

That leaves them two spots. There is no sure fire star in FA. Maybe they get someone like DJ Chark or Darius Slayton who is young, has shown some potential and makes a jump. I don't think/want them to go early in the draft on a WR. I think they can kick the can down the road on the draft if they sign someone like those two.

I like the idea of then also upgrading the TE room and using more two TE looks. Nas liked Dalton Schultz. I like the idea of a Mike Gesicki on a bounce back contract. There are a lot of interesting options. A lot. They have deep threats in the WR group. If they can get Kmet and another TE to patrol the middle, that's a viable pass offense.

I love Montgomery. There are a lot better runners available in FA. He's a great all around back but its clear Herbert should be the guy getting the majority of the carries.

Isn't Tee Higgins going to be available?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:40 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Mooney
Claypool
Jones
Brown

Isn't Tee Higgins going to be available?

I think he has one more year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:43 am 
100000 CLUB

I would be surprised if they let him go without a replacement

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
If they have 4 definites at WR, you need a different quarterback. All I heard is that he doesn't trust them or theyre not open or whatever the problem is with the WR position. So if you're saying those 4 are guys you want, you're saying you need someone else throwing to them.

And no, Kmet made some nice plays but so would just about any replacement TE. Sure, Herbert and Monty are nice but we know that position is extremely replaceable. What did you see out of the three wins the last ranked team in the NFL got to say these guys are so irreplaceable?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:44 am 

Darkside wrote:
If they have 4 definites at WR, you need a different quarterback. All I heard is that he doesn't trust them or theyre not open or whatever the problem is with the WR position. So if you're saying those 4 are guys you want, you're saying you need someone else throwing to them.

And no, Kmet made some nice plays but so would just about any replacement TE. Sure, Herbert and Monty are nice but we know that position is extremely replaceable. What did you see out of the three wins the last ranked team in the NFL got to say these guys are so irreplaceable?

I think Herbert had the best YPC in the league. Monty is a free agent and may be replaced. I'd say Kareem Hunt would be a great get but Herbert is so limited in pass protection that they need someone who is good at it as a backup.

You are just wrong on Kmet. He's not elite but he isn't replacement level. I'm surprised we are even still having this conversation about him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

THIS.
I'm not saying Fields is the answer, but I just don't see Poles going all in on his career in this draft. One more season he can still play the "not my guy card" while at the same time, making this team remarkably better and possibly even a playoff team.

If Poles drafts any QB in this draft, he better be damn sure he finds the next Tom Brady.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:06 am 
100000 CLUB

You can't wait another year on Fields unless you believe in him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Agree. Bears absolutely can and should be looking to upgrade at TE as well.

I'm not going to throw bouquets at an NFL tight end who manages to catch passes now and then in the red zone. Kmet is average at best and gd's fixation on him is only because of Notre Dame. If Kmet went to some PAC10 or SEC school, dolphin would be MF'ing him multiple times a game.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:57 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Agree. Bears absolutely can and should be looking to upgrade at TE as well.

I'm not going to throw bouquets at an NFL tight end who manages to catch passes now and then in the red zone. Kmet is average at best and gd's fixation on him is only because of Notre Dame. If Kmet went to some PAC10 or SEC school, dolphin would be MF'ing him multiple times a game.

I can (and did last year) make my case with stats. Since then, he increased his TD, YPC, catch percentage, longest catch, first down percentage, etc. The only thing that held him back this year was Fields horrible start. You can trace Fields ascenscion to him finding Kmet and for good reason as he had a 105 QBR when throwing to Kmet.

I don't think you know what a top 16 TE looks like. His numbers compare very favorably to Dalton Schultz, David Njoko, Tyler Higbee, etc. Everyone responded, "what about the TD?", last year when I made my analysis. This year he tied for third among TE in TD.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

TO piss away his rebuild by getting rid of a legitimate franchise quarterback would be unforgiveable.You are just WRONG about the future greatness of Mr. Fields.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
man of few opinions wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

if the bears keep fields AND draft a QB #1 they fucked up bad.

Yeah. Athletically, Fields is as good a young qb that has ever entered the NFL. And he has improved in the limited time given with the Bear's and with virtually no blocking or receiving help.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip