It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:59 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Jesus Christ, what the fuck is going on over there?

Those people are taking over the beloved. I was fine with the hiring on minority men, but this diversity shit is going too far. They're climbing over our backs and they will want to touch our Super Bowl trophies. This is absolutely unacceptable.

I find it sad if a black woman is hired to manage money, nobody believes it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:02 pm 

denisdman wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Joke now but we’re 3yrs away from Karen Murphy making roster decisions.

Still better than Caller Bob making them.

Caller Bob couldn't make a Ruben sandwich

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
IkeSouth wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Joke now but we’re 3yrs away from Karen Murphy making roster decisions.

Still better than Caller Bob making them.

Caller Bob couldn't make a Ruben sandwich

I can make your Mom cum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Kevin Warren doesn’t do stadiums. Kevin Warren doesn’t do business. Kevin Warren doesn’t do revenue.

Jo Jo White's daughter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:41 am 

Kevin Warren doesn’t do stadiums. Kevin Warren doesn’t do business. Kevin Warren doesn’t do revenue.

same old, same old with the NFL, hiring another white for an executive job

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Warren's new hires have resumed negotiating Arlington Park taxes.

The Trib wrote:
Bears resume talks with suburban schools
Negotiations focus on property taxes for proposed site

By Robert McCoppin and A.D. Quig Chicago Tribune
Even as the possibility emerges for the Chicago Bears to build a new stadium in the city, the team has resumed negotiations with suburban school districts over the property taxes for their proposed stadium site in Arlington Heights.

Arlington Heights Mayor Tom Hayes said he remains optimistic for an agreement, and poured cold water on news that the Bears and White Sox are in conversations about combining public financing for new stadiums for each in Chicago.

“I have to laugh at these reports,” he said. “I don’t think it’ll ever come to fruition. It makes absolutely no sense.”

Recently, the Bears have been looking into an enclosed stadium along the lakefront on parking lots just south of their current home at Soldier Field, said a source familiar with the project. They’re working with Mayor Brandon Johnson’s office, the law firm of Sidley Austin and investment bank Goldman Sachs on a potential public-private partnership. The source said specific details about such a project for the Bears could be released soon.

As proposed, the Bears and White Sox would seek taxpayer-backed financing through the Illinois Sports Finance Authority (ISFA), just as they have now. But the 2% Chicago hotel tax meant to pay annual debt owed on the teams’ current stadiums fell short last year, leaving the city to make up the difference with its share of state income taxes.

There are still considerable bills to pay for both stadiums. Debt service costs — mostly for Soldier Field — are projected to ramp up in the coming years, rising from $60.2 million in 2025 to $90.5 seven years later, according to ISFA records. In all, the bills total $582 million through 2032, the debt’s maturity date.

ISFA raised $150 million for the White Sox in 1989 and $399 million for Soldier Field in 2001. At the time, those borrowing limits were capped by state law but a provision snuck into state legislation last year allowed legislators to vote to allow ISFA to refund or restructure bonds before the end of 2024.

ISFA could stretch out the timeline to pay back leftover debt and raise some revenue for a new stadium to be paid back with those same hotel revenues, but that sum is likely far short of the full cost of one stadium, let alone two stadiums.

The White Sox’s Jerry Reinsdorf seemed to acknowledge as much when he pitched hotel taxes on top of a new overlay district to capture sales taxes, plus shifting a portion of Chicago property tax revenues dedicated to infrastructure to the stadium instead.

And there appears to be so far little appetite to subsidize private development from Gov. J.B. Pritzker or Senate President Don Harmon. Harmon told both teams to come up with a joint proposal so lawmakers could assess a full plan.

While Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson has seemed more amenable to securing a deal to keep the teams in town, he also faces mounting budget pressures and has committed to reducing the city’s reliance on tax increment financing, or TIF, districts that would typically help pay for megaprojects.

Although Hayes has seen a proposal to put both stadiums on the 78, the vacant South Loop site proposed for a new Sox park, the Arlington Heights mayor said it wouldn’t accomplish the Bears’ stated goals to own a stadium and have room for a surrounding entertainment district.

The team paid $197 million to buy the former Arlington Park site more than a year ago, and proposed a $5 billion development to include a stadium, housing and entertainment. But the Bears were unable to reach agreement with three local school districts over property taxes for the site, which sits vacant since the team demolished the former racetrack grandstand.

Arlington Heights officials have been continuing to encourage an agreement with Arlington Heights-based Township High School District 214, Palatine-based Township High School District 211, and Palatine Community Consolidated School District 15, which collect most of the property taxes from the former Arlington Park.

“We’re talking to them,” Hayes said of the team and the schools. “We’re trying to emphasize that they’re very, very close. I’m still hopeful that we’re going to come to an agreement.”

While the Cook County assessor reassessed the property to $192 million, close to the sales price, the Cook County Board of Review lowered that to $125 million. The result would still raise the Bears’ potential property tax to more than $10 million, which the team says prevents its development.

The Bears are likely to challenge the tax ruling in Cook County court or to the Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board, but either option could take years to resolve. The team doesn’t pay property taxes on its current home at Soldier Field because the Chicago Park District owns the site.

Any proposal to build a stadium on the lakefront would run into opposition from the Friends of the Parks, which previously filed suit to stop a proposed Star Wars museum in the same area.

At an unrelated event Thursday in Decatur, where the Bears were founded more than a century ago as the Decatur Staleys, . Pritzker was asked whether he’s spoken to the Bears or White Sox since expressing his reluctance last week to provide major state funding for sports stadiums.

“No new developments,” he said. “Nothing new.”

The Bears reissued a statement that the team “will continue to work with local municipalities to select the best location for the future stadium of the Chicago Bears that will bring a transformative opportunity to our region — boosting the economy, creating jobs, and generating millions in tax revenue.”

The NFL, which approved a $200 million loan for a new Buffalo Bills stadium, is expected to provide a multi-million dollar loan for the Bears project, wherever it ends up.

Chicago Tribune’s Jeremy Gorner contributed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:08 am 

The school board will lower it down soon enough. Time to start digging!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brick wrote:

You need to send in folks who speak their language.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:14 am 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

You need to send in folks who speak their language.

Get Dr Style in there!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:25 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's

Kevin Warren does do Meka White Morris?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:43 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Kevin Warren does do Meka White Morris?

That definitely would follow the Bear mold.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
She worked for the Minnesota Twins. Didn't he work for the Vikings? Seems like he wanted a "trusted voice.". Or maybe just a trusted piece of ass.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Is there a Mrs. Warren out there?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
why are they fighting the tax ruling so hard right now. the taxes are miniscule compared to the proposed development project. Does lowering the taxes now have any impact on the future development's taxes? They've wasted a year already and it seems shortsighted unless i'm missing the big picture on this tax issue.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

Is there a Mrs. Warren out there?

Yeah, I think they mentioned her in his fluff piece.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:07 pm 

billypootons wrote:
why are they fighting the tax ruling so hard right now. the taxes are miniscule compared to the proposed development project. Does lowering the taxes now have any impact on the future development's taxes? They've wasted a year already and it seems shortsighted unless i'm missing the big picture on this tax issue.

I don't think they are in a hurry and seemingly they've already lopped off about $5 million a year off that original tax bill.

The Raiders broke ground on their stadium in November 2017. They played their first game in August 2020.

It looks like the Bears can't leave Soldier Field until 2026 at the earliest so they'd still have 2.5 years to build the stadium.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:07 pm 

billypootons wrote:

Because they are a stupid organization run at the top by DEI hires

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:12 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
billypootons wrote:

They've already got the cost lowered by $4 or $5 million a year and they'll likely get some more. It's also not really delaying anything. 2026 is the first year they could even think about leaving Soldier Field.

It's not my money but the organization is being smart here. You wanted them to accept the original valuation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Because the mediocre white McCaskey's and Ted Phillips did such a fine job running the Bears over the years, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:15 pm 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
billypootons wrote:

They've already got the cost lowered by $4 or $5 million a year and they'll likely get some more. It's also not really delaying anything. 2026 is the first year they could even think about leaving Soldier Field.

It's not my money but the organization is being smart here. You wanted them to accept the original valuation.

SOFI took 4 years, and every year they delay they lose much, much more than 4-5 million in revenue via the smallest stadium in football.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:21 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
billypootons wrote:

SOFI took 4 years, and every year they delay they lose much, much more than 4-5 million in revenue via the smallest stadium in football.

They also pay about $11 million less per year to break the Soldier Field lease for every year they don't move.

SOFI got delayed too because of flooding early on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:23 pm 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
billypootons wrote:

They also pay about $11 million less per year to break the Soldier Field lease for every year they don't move.

And a stadium with 20K more seats still brings in a much, much more.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:05 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Because the mediocre white McCaskey's and Ted Phillips did such a fine job running the Bears over the years, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Teddy is middle eastern

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:07 pm 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
billypootons wrote:

There may be some advantage to waiting because of interest rates as well. They should be able to borrow at significantly smaller rates in the next 1-2 years.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
billypootons wrote:

There may be some advantage to waiting because of interest rates as well. They should be able to borrow at significantly smaller rates in the next 1-2 years.

I assumed interest rates was the issue along with the lease.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:30 pm 

Why assume there’s a plan when routine incompetence is on the table?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
billypootons wrote:

And a stadium with 20K more seats still brings in a much, much more.

Doubtful the new stadium is going to have 20k more seats. The cheap seats farther away are more expensive to build. Best guess is 70,000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Shouldn't the Bears have asked for a tax ruling before making the purchase? The bottom line is that land would start generating taxes almost immediately if an owner developed it into homes, so the fact it will sit vacant until the stadium is operational shouldn't give the Bears that much of a pass.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:59 pm 

The Bears now have somebody to cover the globe. Kevin Warren doesn’t do the globe. He also doesn’t do strategy.

Chief of whose staff remains unanswered…

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Bears now a government bureaucracy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next