It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Brick wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Brick wrote:
If I'm the Bears the first thing I do after it becomes official is ask the White Sox to join them in a retractable roof stadium on the property.

That makes entirely too much sense. Because now the city, county and state have to open up their wallets. Hopefully they could keep the thieves from McPier out…unless they can tear down the white elephant that is the old McCormick Place for the new site.

One question in this is why would Cook County pay to help the Bears move from one Cook County city to another Cook County city? This is not a Cook versus DuPage/Will/whatever situation.

Does anyone think the Dems running this state are going to want to spend money for the McCaskeys when Virginia donated to Jeanne Ives? The McCaskeys are not the Wirtzes or Reinsdorf, whom would have had all the politics done well before now. And the clock is ticking on that properly option. It is up in March.

That’s Warren’s problem to solve.
The city/state money will likely be for infrastructure improvements and not the property.

Tough to know. Warren single-handedly got public subsidies for USBank that went well beyond infrastructure spending - why not for Arlington Heights Field?

I'm not trying to piss on his resume, but he had 15 years of relationships in Minnesota to lean on. Does that carry over to Illinois?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:03 pm 

Brick wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Brick wrote:
If I'm the Bears the first thing I do after it becomes official is ask the White Sox to join them in a retractable roof stadium on the property.

That makes entirely too much sense. Because now the city, county and state have to open up their wallets. Hopefully they could keep the thieves from McPier out…unless they can tear down the white elephant that is the old McCormick Place for the new site.

One question in this is why would Cook County pay to help the Bears move from one Cook County city to another Cook County city? This is not a Cook versus DuPage/Will/whatever situation.

Does anyone think the Dems running this state are going to want to spend money for the McCaskeys when Virginia donated to Jeanne Ives? The McCaskeys are not the Wirtzes or Reinsdorf, whom would have had all the politics done well before now. And the clock is ticking on that properly option. It is up in March.

That’s Warren’s problem to solve.
The city/state money will likely be for infrastructure improvements and not the property.

Tough to know. Warren single-handedly got public subsidies for USBank that went well beyond infrastructure spending - why not for Arlington Heights Field?

The climate has changed. And the money is beyond obscene. Especially for a politically one sided family not savvy enough to grease both sides and always crying poor mouth for a team that doesn’t win.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
https://www.dailyherald.com/news/202301 ... egislation

Doesn't look like there is much support in Springfield right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Peter Puck wrote:
https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20230110/resistance-to-state-money-for-bears-redevelopment-of-arlington-park-added-to-legislation

Doesn't look like there is much support in Springfield right now.

I'm just going to say, the Arlington Bears are far from a done deal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:10 pm 

Nas wrote:
I'm not trying to piss on his resume, but he had 15 years of relationships in Minnesota to lean on. Does that carry over to Illinois?

Fwiw there is nothing more crooked and slimy than American corporations and banks. I’d think that he’d be welcomed with filthy open arms here, unless the McCaskey family has really disgusted local movers and shakers, which wouldn’t surprise me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Fwiw there is nothing more crooked and slimy than American corporations and banks. I’d think that he’d be welcomed with filthy open arms here, unless the McCaskey family has really disgusted local movers and shakers, which wouldn’t surprise me.

He’s an attorney by trade so I think he’s well within the bounds of the normal lawyer —> lobbyist evolution. I don’t doubt he’ll be comfortable.

His challenge will be - to the extent he was the front man instead of a Wilf - MN is a relatively pragmatic state that found a way to both issue debt and find a way to pay it off well ahead of schedule.

Illinois politicians don’t function like normal humans so that’s not happening here.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:18 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

He’s an attorney by trade so I think he’s well within the bounds of the normal lawyer —> lobbyist evolution. I don’t doubt he’ll be comfortable.

His challenge will be - to the extent he was the front man instead of a Wilf - MN is a relatively pragmatic state that found a way to both issue debt and find a way to pay it off well ahead of schedule.

Illinois politicians don’t function like normal humans so that’s not happening here.

Too bad, I’ve heard that it’s actually one of the nicest, most comfortable stadium in football.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:42 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
But I guarantee you over half of Bears season ticket holders live in the NW suburbs.

North Shore or BNSF/I-88 corridor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Like I said, I'm 100% convinced the stadium will not be built under the McCaskeys watch. I just know it won't

For them to waste this new President's time on this is pointless. He'll be talking to people for at least 2 years about how to do it. And it just won't happen.

But I've heard the SCORE guys. This guy got one in Minnesota. This guy is great. Yeah, things are different here in Illinois..

The other thing, everybody says the Bears will own their own stadium. Well, no. Probably not for 25 years. Let's just say the Bears are lucky enough to get free money to pay half the stadium. They'll still owe close to 2.5 billion. So when you're in that much debt, YOU DONT OWN THE STADIUM. The bank does, plus interest. And the McCaskeys are like 15 people. They all split the profits. So what Jerry Jones makes in one year, is not what all the McCaskeys make. Cuz it's divided up

Now, I guess they might be thinking that, if they sell, part of the deal will be the owner takes on the dept. Which would be part of the deal. Obviously. That's plausible.

But why go through that hassle? Just get a 30 billion dollar guy to buy the team, sell him the land and have him do it. Which he will.

Like I said, THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN under the McCaskeys.

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:25 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Cowboys bring in $1 billion annually in revenue.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:

Revenue isn't profit. We know 250 million per year goes to the players, coaching staff, trainers and all of their other staff. Then the stadium expenses and the employees. Their training facility expenses and rent. Paying for health care for their players and all the cost of that equipment. Then after that you gotta pay taxes on whatever is left.

There is only one team that has to declare their profit in the NFL. The Green Bay Packers. Cuz they're publicly owned. I heard a few years ago that their profit for the year was like 50 million. I'll grant you, the Bears and Cowboys do better then that. Cowboys do much better then the Bears. But even if it's double then, and considering how many McCaskeys split the profit, it will be tough to be out of debt for a long time.

I'll give you the fact that concerts, final fours and all the other shit will help.

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Revenue isn't profit.

There is only one team that has to declare their profit in the NFL. The Green Bay Packers. Cuz they're publicly owned. I heard a few years ago that their profit for the year was like 50 million. I'll grant you, the Bears and Cowboys do better then that. But even if it's double that, and considering how many McCaskeys split the profit, it will be tough to be out of debt for a long time.

I'll give you the fact that concerts, final fours and all the other shit will help.

After payroll, I doubt they have an additional $800M in expenses. Jerry Jones can afford all of the college cheerleaders his heart will allow.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Beardown wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Revenue isn't profit.

There is only one team that has to declare their profit in the NFL. The Green Bay Packers. Cuz they're publicly owned. I heard a few years ago that their profit for the year was like 50 million. I'll grant you, the Bears and Cowboys do better then that. But even if it's double that, and considering how many McCaskeys split the profit, it will be tough to be out of debt for a long time.

Expenses $425 million

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Like I said, I heard the Packers only netted 50 million after all expenses. I'm sure teams do better in big markets with radio deals and corporate sponsors But how much more better?

Plus, you guys always ignore the fact that 15 McCaskeys are on the payroll for doing nothing. It's not like Jerry Jones, where all of it is his.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:07 am 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
This will get built. The NFL wants this to happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:12 am 
1000 CLUB

ShortTimeLurker wrote:

I agree. But only when they sell the team. Whatever the Bears bought land for, it will be worth 4x as much to the potential owner at closing time. And he'll pay it. So good buy by George.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Beardown wrote:
ShortTimeLurker wrote:

I agree. But only when they sell the team. Whatever the Bears bought land for, it will be worth 4x as much to the potential owner at closing time. And he'll pay it. So good buy by George.

I think your 10b estimate is way high, I think 6 billion will be what they sell for.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
ShortTimeLurker wrote:

Yup, too big a market, the league will help McKaskey proof the process.

Wasn't one of the big issues with the city of Chicago that the city didn't want a sports book? They could likely do some type of gambling tax or naming rights deal.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:02 pm 

You guys are proof that greta Thundberg is hot. If she was 100 years old you'd all be shittin on her just like poor vagina maclasky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Crain's reporting a tax bill has been filed that would hold negotiated taxes for 20 years, or something like that, for the Bears deal. Maybe someone with a subscription can post the details.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears ... O5WD8qMmRc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:42 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Revenue isn't profit.

Expenses $425 million

And I doubt that all of the concerts, matches, games and other events at the stadium and the Star are on the Cowboys books. A guy like Jerry probably has other entities set up to dodge taxes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:45 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Caller Bob wrote:
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/report-bears-arlington-park-plan-may-get-help-tax-bill-draft?fbclid=IwAR32sMTuPBbUD2rk6XhyRr5QHbBEPfGZhAckYHrWYv5z4gLbpO5WD8qMmRc

playoffs twice
since '13
diggin' the welfare queen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:46 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/report-bears-arlington-park-plan-may-get-help-tax-bill-draft?fbclid=IwAR32sMTuPBbUD2rk6XhyRr5QHbBEPfGZhAckYHrWYv5z4gLbpO5WD8qMmRc

playoffs twice
since '13
diggin' the welfare queen

Welfare queen/family is apropos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
“I’ve expressed my doubts about whether this is an approach ... we really want to open the door to,” state Sen. Ann Gillespie said Monday.

This from one of the legislators who brought forth the bill, acccording to the article.

Can't promise link will work

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-chicago-bears-stadium-tax-legislation-20230207-upvhncqrg5gfro4texihls4qmm-story.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:37 am 

I think NWI would be happy to poach the Bears from Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:39 am 

This is a very minor negotiation for the Bears to see what they can get. The Bears are already funding the stadium. It will be pretty easy to get some tax relief on the non-stadium stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
“I’ve expressed my doubts about whether this is an approach ... we really want to open the door to,” state Sen. Ann Gillespie said Monday.

This from one of the legislators who brought forth the bill, acccording to the article.

Can't promise link will work

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-chicago-bears-stadium-tax-legislation-20230207-upvhncqrg5gfro4texihls4qmm-story.html

Freeze property taxes, and in return you pick up how much in sales tax?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
good dolphin wrote:
I think NWI would be happy to poach the Bears from Chicago

NWI is not a viable option. Any discussion there is a grasp at negotiating leverage.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

No one wants the stink of Indiana on the beloved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next