It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:26 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ricky11Slade wrote:
I am genuinely blown away with this morning's news. Even as a bluff or leverage attempt it is beyond what I thought the Bears were capable of. This level of incompetence has never been more open and public and Warren even seems proud of it. Did Warren actually get a stadium built in Minnesota or did he just make it seem like he did? He seems insane.

Starting to think the real estate developer who owns the Vikings may have had more to do with the Vikings' real estate development than some guy who just goes to the gym and thinks about things.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Curious Hair wrote:
Ricky11Slade wrote:
I am genuinely blown away with this morning's news. Even as a bluff or leverage attempt it is beyond what I thought the Bears were capable of. This level of incompetence has never been more open and public and Warren even seems proud of it. Did Warren actually get a stadium built in Minnesota or did he just make it seem like he did? He seems insane.

Starting to think the real estate developer who owns the Vikings may have had more to do with the Vikings' real estate development than some guy who just goes to the gym and thinks about things.

It's awesome to go through your entire life just pontificating, and many do, but has it ever happened in the business of sports?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I believe Warren is a lawer. Based on the way he wildly exaggerates or lies about his accomplishments, I'm not certain.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Friends of the Park will defeat The Monsters of the Midway

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:04 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Village of Arlington Heights says nothing has changed and they are still in it.

https://cms2.revize.com/revize/arlingto ... 3_R349.php

Quote:
Arlington Park Statement: March 11, 2024
March 11, 2024

The Village of Arlington Heights is aware of media reports regarding a proposed Chicago Bears stadium concept in Chicago. Village officials spoke with the Chicago Bears Football Club today, and while they are evaluating all of their options, they confirmed that their continued interest in Arlington Park has not changed.

The possibility that the Chicago Bears could find a different location has remained an option since day one and this project has never been considered a “done deal” in Arlington Heights. The ultimate outcome of their current discussions with the City of Chicago is unknown. What the Village knows is that the Arlington Park property provides the Chicago Bears with the unique potential to own and build a multi-use development on 326 acres, in a key location that is easily accessible by public transportation, and is centrally located for visitors and season ticket holders.

The Village remains committed to ensuring that any development of the former Arlington Park site, which is unmatched in all of northern Illinois, will provide broad benefits to our community and will create a new regional destination befitting the great legacy of the property. Village leaders will not approve any plan that does not meet these expectations.

The Village will continue to work with the team and school districts while advocating for fair solutions to challenges and the protection of our community’s best interests. While we are disappointed that the Chicago Bears and the School Districts have yet to resolve short-term property tax differences, we are confident that those issues can be resolved given how close negotiations have brought the parties to an agreement.

“We have all experienced the many twists and turns that this project has taken over the past three years and we find ourselves in a very similar situation today. The Village’s focus remains on finding a path forward to a successful redevelopment of the former Arlington Park site. The property remains a major asset to the community and region, and it has tremendous potential,” said Mayor Tom Hayes. “The Village has always acted in good faith and partnership with the Chicago Bears and the School Districts throughout this discussion, while protecting our community’s interests, and we will continue to do so as the process moves ahead.”

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:29 am 

Looks like it worked!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Looks like it worked!

It looks like they said, "WE don't fucking believe you."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:52 am 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Looks like it worked!

It looks like they said, "WE don't fucking believe you."

This was the message.
Quote:
While we are disappointed that the Chicago Bears and the School Districts have yet to resolve short-term property tax differences, we are confident that those issues can be resolved given how close negotiations have brought the parties to an agreement.

That is specifically calling out the school district that supposedly is done negotiating.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:55 am 

Honest question, what does the school board have to do with building a new stadium?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Hawg Ass wrote:
Honest question, what does the school board have to do with building a new stadium?

In most areas of the state, the local school boards are the largest taxing bodies for property owners. That’s why they get a say when the Bears try appealing their property tax.

The Bears don’t want to pay an incremental $5m - $10m annually on their tax bill for a $5bn construction project, so they’re saying they’ll borrow $2bn to pay for a dome owned by the park district.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:14 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

In most areas of the state, the local school boards are the largest taxing bodies for property owners. That’s why they get a say when the Bears try appealing their property tax.

The Bears don’t want to pay an incremental $5m - $10m annually on their tax bill for a $5bn construction project, so they’re saying they’ll borrow $2bn to pay for a dome owned by the park district.

:lol:

What a fucked up place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:20 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

The flip side of that is how much will they have to pay in property tax once a $5 billion stadium is put there if a vacant lot is set at $190 million.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hawg Ass wrote:

This same thing occurred recently with the Sears headquarters in Hoffman Estates’ Prairie Stone development. They had a huge tax mitigation agreement based on a certain number of employees at the location. When it fell below the required level, there was all sorts of negotiations over property taxes for the school district.

https://patch.com/illinois/algonquin/wh ... s-eda-saga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:27 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

What a fucked up place.

You would be surprised how much taxes impacts development in Illinois. It goes so far as some towns resist things like a bank (no sales tax revenue) or a church (exempt from property taxes). When you have local taxing bodies that take massive amounts of revenues from sales and property taxes, almost all development is a big deal. That is why the tax increment financing districts are universally opposed by school districts. It eats away at the property tax base even though these areas are often dilapidated.

Illinois is about the highest sales tax area in the country (Cook and suburbs), and the second highest for property taxes last I checked.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:28 am 

denisdman wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

What a fucked up place.

You would be surprised how much taxes impacts development in Illinois. It goes so far as some towns resist things like a bank (no sales tax revenue) or a church (exempt from property taxes). When you have local taxing bodies that take massive amounts of revenues from sales and property taxes, almost all development is a big deal. That is why the tax increment financing districts are universally opposed by school districts. It eats away at the property tax base even though these areas are often dilapidated.

Illinois is about the highest sales tax area in the country (Cook and suburbs), and the second highest for property taxes last I checked.

I stand behind my post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:32 am 

Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

The flip side of that is how much will they have to pay in property tax once a $5 billion stadium is put there if a vacant lot is set at $190 million.

A ton more but they have an income generating property that should theoretically cover those taxes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:33 am 

I stand behind my move.

The one big offset in Illinois was its relatively low income tax, which used to be a flat 3%. But then it bumped it up to 5%, while other states starting cutting their rates. And worse yet, is the long term trajectory of its finances mainly driven by the heavily underfunded pensions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:34 am 

Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

A ton more but they have an income generating property that should theoretically cover those taxes.

Allstate knocked down that huge structure along 72 near Goeberts Farm in South Barrington to turn the property into vacant land…..the move was solely to reduce the valuation of a lightly used property. So you are right.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:37 am 

Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I don't think you can just discount the massive tax bill that would be. The Cubs seemingly pay between $1.5 and $4.5 million a year based on whatever deals they are getting in tax breaks. Obviously, a much smaller overall property but if we are talking about a hypothetical tax bill in AH of $60 million a year after they build the stadium it still makes a massive difference.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:43 am 

denisdman wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Allstate knocked down that huge structure along 72 near Goeberts Farm in South Barrington to turn the property into vacant land…..the move was solely to reduce the valuation of a lightly used property. So you are right.

My first job in high school was in that building.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:44 am 

denisdman wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

assessors are starting to argue that intentionally leaving a property fallow (after a certain amount of time) should disallow the owner to claim vacancy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:55 am 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I don't think you can just discount the massive tax bill that would be. The Cubs seemingly pay between $1.5 and $4.5 million a year based on whatever deals they are getting in tax breaks. Obviously, a much smaller overall property but if we are talking about a hypothetical tax bill in AH of $60 million a year after they build the stadium it still makes a massive difference.

The McCaskeys should hire Reinsdorf to negotiate their tax bill when it’s time to discuss actual construction.

Carve out a section of Arlington Park for a 20k seat baseball stadium and Jerry will make it so Ginny pays no taxes over her next 5 decades.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:02 am 

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

assessors are starting to argue that intentionally leaving a property fallow (after a certain amount of time) should disallow the owner to claim vacancy

Of course they do. It’s never enough money for the government. I see Biden is proposing to increase the stock buyback tax from 1% to 4%. Another inane tax idea….the money used to repurchase shares has already been taxed, and it is shareholder’s money which will get taxed if it is sent back in the form of dividend or capital gain on repurchase.

And this is my problem with big government spending. They can never get enough. Luckily many states have realized they need to be more efficient, and the pendulum has swung in a lot of places.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:07 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Punishing property owners for inaction seems like a bad idea.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Kevin Warren doesn’t do stadiums. Kevin Warren doesn’t do business. Kevin Warren doesn’t do revenue.

But he is adept at finding a camera.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Mama Bear!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:16 am 

This is financial abuse against the elderly. Football Lyle Lanley tipped his hand; it’s all clear now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

Cook County...IF YOU THINK THAT IDEA WAS BAD, WAIT UNTIL OUR NEXT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:12 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Cook County...IF YOU THINK THAT IDEA WAS BAD, WAIT UNTIL OUR NEXT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

I always tell people to keep this anger simmering until election day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:42 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next