It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jalen Carter
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Regular Reader wrote:
According to Paul Finebaum, his “involvement” has been common knowledge in Athens since the victory celebrations two days after the accident. And I guess that ESPN’s Todd McShay has been cryptically alluding to his “character issues” since then.

I think the parade/celebration was earlier that day. That’s another reason I have a hard time buying the guy hadn’t been drinking.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:24 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
According to Paul Finebaum, his “involvement” has been common knowledge in Athens since the victory celebrations two days after the accident. And I guess that ESPN’s Todd McShay has been cryptically alluding to his “character issues” since then.

I think the parade/celebration was earlier that day. That’s another reason I have a hard time buying the guy hadn’t been drinking.

I don't doubt that he'd been drinking and I'm inclined to feel lesser about him until he publicly addresses this on Twitter. That things unfolded with the law in the fashion it did still stinks. Frankly it reminds me of something else I couldn't stand about the state of Georgia and especially UGA football fans.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:33 am 

Franky T wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Rumors around Athens about what might be common knowledge is a far cry from evidence sufficient to charge a crime. Do you want people to be charged with a crime based on common knowledge or probable cause? I prefer the latter myself.

They could've brought misdemeanor charges pdq, certainly when his story allegedly shifted. If a subsequent investigation warranted more serious charges they could have easily followed. If the misdemeanors are the extent of it, this would be over. But I'm wondering why the police and da decided to operate in this typical ham handed way. Being upset over a 20 year old changing his story is far less egregious than the scores of b.s. and lies I've seen Georgia and Chicago police tell under oath.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:49 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Man does the “ he was scared ” get a fuck ton of justification and excuse making for decisions made .

its ok when its a cop

I'm not going down the racial road, but do you trust a guy like that to make a play in the trenches during an important game? I wouldn't.

Giving a man power and putting their back against a wall reveals just about everything you could want to know.

my guy is will anderson

there's a whole thread about it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:51 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Combine quotes! wrote:
Poles “I really liked what I saw in Carters racing. He saw weakness in his opponent and put the hammer down and didn’t let off until he was 45 minutes away. We like players that don’t let up until they hear the whistle.”

Flus “what more can we really say. The kid has killer instincts and his motor just won’t quite. Just relentless and focused on the finish line. Nothing will get in his way. We like everything about him”.

I bet Carter would have aced the darts and miniature golf meeting

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:53 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
He drove a vehicle dangerously. Many if not most young men do the same. They didn't die because of his driving. He fled because he's a scared kid and might have been a bit impaired himself. Death of a friend tends to sober a person up. I'd want to see if it has with him.

As far as it relates to the Bears, the plan is the same, trade out of #1 for the best offer wherever that may be.

He drove a vehicle "dangerously" and "might have been a bit impaired himself". And that's no big deal? Gtfo with that weak shit. I can only assume you're also supportive of reinstating Henry Ruggs after he roasted alive a girl and her dog.

Henry Ruggs killed someone. Carter did not. He's not even accused of it. While similar in some ways, they are completely different. So go sell your crazy somewhere else.

and we don't know he was impaired. He's not accused of it. I only added that because the driver, who killed himself and everyone else was. Carter may have been completely clean. He's not guilty nor even accused of causing their deaths.

You would be singing a different tune if your son was the driver that died.

There is zero right now that links the deaths with Carters driving. Maybe there will be but right now if was the other guy's bad driving under the influence that was the cause of death and injury

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:55 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
He drove a vehicle dangerously. Many if not most young men do the same. They didn't die because of his driving. He fled because he's a scared kid and might have been a bit impaired himself. Death of a friend tends to sober a person up. I'd want to see if it has with him.

As far as it relates to the Bears, the plan is the same, trade out of #1 for the best offer wherever that may be.

He drove a vehicle "dangerously" and "might have been a bit impaired himself". And that's no big deal? Gtfo with that weak shit. I can only assume you're also supportive of reinstating Henry Ruggs after he roasted alive a girl and her dog.

Henry Ruggs killed someone. Carter did not. He's not even accused of it. While similar in some ways, they are completely different. So go sell your crazy somewhere else.

and we don't know he was impaired. He's not accused of it. I only added that because the driver, who killed himself and everyone else was. Carter may have been completely clean. He's not guilty nor even accused of causing their deaths.

There is zero right now that links the deaths with Carters driving. Maybe there will be but right now if was the other guy's bad driving under the influence that was the cause of death and injury

The other driver was a woman. I think that also helps Carters case of not being the reason for the crash.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
She was probably sober. The investigators just couldn't believe that someone could drive that bad unless they were under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You didn't address my point.

If your son was racing against Jalen Carter and crashed and died, you'd be singing a different tune.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:26 am 

Nas wrote:
She was probably sober. The investigators just couldn't believe that someone could drive that bad unless they were under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

figuring the investigators have experience, they likely didn't even ask if anyone was impaired once they knew a female was in control.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I think the scouts at the combine insisting that the crash be reenacted in order to get Carter’s true 40 time is low rent .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:44 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You didn't address my point.

If your son was racing against Jalen Carter and crashed and died, you'd be singing a different tune.

Why? Carter didn't do anything to cause the crash and my kid willingly did something very stupid. Maybe I'd be looking to blame in that situation, out of anger and grief, but it wouldn't make me correct.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The fact that this guy willingly engaged in this ridiculously dangerous activity should be a major red flag about his character. You have a 3 month job interview to get generational money and all you have to do is not be stupid and yet here we are. They tested whatever remained of the girl and she was a .19 or so. We will never know if Carter was under the influence as he ran off and then the SEC good ol boy network assumed he was fine and didn't bother to test him when he did return to the scene. If he were under the influence then his behavior is no different than Ruggs. I just find it very hard to believe that someone stone sober would agree to street race against someone who is a sloppy shitshow at .19. All the video that have of this should be interesting. At least teams know what this guy is about right now and not after they have committed the pick and money to him like the Raiders did.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Ruggs was directly responsible for burning a young woman and her dog alive.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
The fact that this guy willingly engaged in this ridiculously dangerous activity should be a major red flag about his character. You have a 3 month job interview to get generational money and all you have to do is not be stupid and yet here we are. They tested whatever remained of the girl and she was a .19 or so. We will never know if Carter was under the influence as he ran off and then the SEC good ol boy network assumed he was fine and didn't bother to test him when he did return to the scene. If he were under the influence then his behavior is no different than Ruggs. I just find it very hard to believe that someone stone sober would agree to street race against someone who is a sloppy shitshow at .19. All the video that have of this should be interesting. At least teams know what this guy is about right now and not after they have committed the pick and money to him like the Raiders did.

It is just a shame that this kind of stuff happens. Here is a guy who needed to be counselled. Taking some time to splain the facts of life to the future millionaires about obeying the law, not driving drunk, not raping any woman you want. How everyone will come after your money and be your "friend". I hate these kind of stupid mistakes.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:25 pm 

The Hawk wrote:

It is just a shame that this kind of stuff happens. Here is a guy who needed to be counselled. Taking some time to splain the facts of life to the future millionaires about obeying the law, not driving drunk, not raping any woman you want. How everyone will come after your money and be your "friend". I hate these kind of stupid mistakes.

Looks like a very generous cop tried to do some splainin' that did fuck all good. Of course, had this gone the other way and he locked his fucking ass up like he wouldve you and I for being 45 over, the narrative would be quite different.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
badrogue17 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Looks like a very generous cop tried to do some splainin' that did fuck all good. Of course, had this gone the other way and he locked his fucking ass up like he wouldve you and I for being 45 over, the narrative would be quite different.

This. Speaking from experience, you can do all the splainin' you want. Doesn't mean they are going to heed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
1 sack
1 TFL
1 quarterback hit

In his NFL debut.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
A Beta Cuck like Eberflus could never keep him in check

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Bend wrote:
1 sack
1 TFL
1 quarterback hit

In his NFL debut.

Were those all on the same play?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Bend wrote:
1 sack
1 TFL
1 quarterback hit

In his NFL debut.

Were those all on the same play?

Yes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
He had a ton of pressures I read.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
He had a ton of pressures I read.

No, Mac Jones walked into the sack.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:09 am 

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
FavreFan wrote:

we passed on this guy to get an extra 4th rd pick. it was a coward move at the time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:32 am 

Hey we filled the most important position in football, right tackle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:50 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

He would be trash in this dumpster fire of an organization.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
conns7901 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If that's really the internal reason for passing on him then they should fire themselves. If you're not gonna take any chances on extremely talented guys who have character problems that need to be ironed out then you're trying to do this NFL thing with one hand tied behind your back.

And I'm not the in the mood for "he wasn't a culture fit" anymore. Chase Claypool, Nate Davis, Lucas Patrick...these guys don't care at all either.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:55 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Sounds like Eberlose can't control his players

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:34 pm 

Will Anderson had a great game as well

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next