It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jalen Carter
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
He drove a vehicle dangerously. Many if not most young men do the same. They didn't die because of his driving. He fled because he's a scared kid and might have been a bit impaired himself. Death of a friend tends to sober a person up. I'd want to see if it has with him.

As far as it relates to the Bears, the plan is the same, trade out of #1 for the best offer wherever that may be.

He drove a vehicle "dangerously" and "might have been a bit impaired himself". And that's no big deal? Gtfo with that weak shit. I can only assume you're also supportive of reinstating Henry Ruggs after he roasted alive a girl and her dog.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
He drove a vehicle dangerously. Many if not most young men do the same. They didn't die because of his driving. He fled because he's a scared kid and might have been a bit impaired himself. Death of a friend tends to sober a person up. I'd want to see if it has with him.

As far as it relates to the Bears, the plan is the same, trade out of #1 for the best offer wherever that may be.

He drove a vehicle "dangerously" and "might have been a bit impaired himself". And that's no big deal? Gtfo with that weak shit. I can only assume you're also supportive of reinstating Henry Ruggs after he roasted alive a girl and her dog.

Don’t forget he fled the scene after watching his friends crash at 100mph. And lied to cops about it.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: John's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Don’t forget he fled the scene after watching his friends crash at 100mph. And lied to cops about it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:59 am 

There’s being scared and then there’s being cowardly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:16 am 

Okay. How long should CFMB ban him for? Life?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:29 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

I don’t think he needs to be suspended for fleeing the scene of a drunken street race that led to the death of two people.

I just don’t want the Bears to draft him. They’re not good enough to take a flyer on a no-character guy. Let him go to the Raiders or wherever they embrace this sort of thing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:34 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

I don’t think he needs to be suspended for fleeing the scene of a drunken street race that led to the death of two people.

I just don’t want the Bears to draft him. They’re not good enough to take a flyer on a no-character guy. Let him go to the Raiders or wherever they embrace this sort of thing.

Don’t be reasonable :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:38 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Henry Ruggs killed someone. Carter did not. He's not even accused of it. While similar in some ways, they are completely different. So go sell your crazy somewhere else.

and we don't know he was impaired. He's not accused of it. I only added that because the driver, who killed himself and everyone else was. Carter may have been completely clean. He's not guilty nor even accused of causing their deaths.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:40 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

You don't know he was drunk and there's no accusation his driving lead to the death.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:42 am 

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Henry Ruggs killed someone. Carter did not. He's not even accused of it. While similar in some ways, they are completely different. So go sell your crazy somewhere else.

and we don't know he was impaired. He's not accused of it. I only added that because the driver, who killed himself and everyone else was. Carter may have been completely clean. He's not guilty nor even accused of causing their deaths.

If he were completely clean, you have a situation where a dead sober Jalen Carter chose to street race a guy who was hammered drunk (with several people in the car). That guy crashed, two people died, Carter fled and then lied about the whole thing.

At best he’s a coward with horrific judgment.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:46 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

You don't know he was drunk and there's no accusation his driving lead to the death.

I have a hard time believing a sober man gets into a 100mph street race with a guy who’s three times the legal limit at 3am.

He’s not at fault for the other guy being drunk and crashing. I’ll give him that much.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:49 am 

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If he were completely clean, you have a situation where a dead sober Jalen Carter chose to street race a guy who was hammered drunk (with several people in the car). That guy crashed, two people died, Carter fled and then lied about the whole thing.

You are trying to attach the guilt for someone else's action to him.

Carter fled. Scared kid and he did return. You act as if him leaving had anything to do with the tragedy. That fleeing isn't even going to stick as he did not flee from a crime he caused. So, legally, he drove dangerously and every single Bear with a fast car does that, unless you think they bought a fast car to drive 55.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:58 am 

good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You are trying to attach the guilt for someone else's action to him.

Carter fled. Scared kid and he did return. You act as if him leaving had anything to do with the tragedy. That fleeing isn't even going to stick as he did not flee from a crime he caused. So, legally, he drove dangerously and every single Bear with a fast car does that, unless you think they bought a fast car to drive 55.

No, you’re inferring that for some reason. I don’t blame him for the girl driving drunk and killing herself & another. I blame Carter for horrible judgement and for running away while his friends were dead/dying with two others severely injured in the car.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
You have to question his TWTW. How can you trust a man who left his teammate to die?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas wrote:
You have to question his TWTW. How can you trust a man who left his teammate to die?

Wasn't his teammate a backup at best?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

Wasn't his teammate a backup at best?

It's still his "brother". They were close enough to hang out and race cars late at night.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:22 pm 

Nas wrote:

This is what upsets me the most. His teammate is burning up and he just flees the scene to protect himself. Coward

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Man does the “ he was scared ” get a fuck ton of justification and excuse making for decisions made .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:16 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Man does the “ he was scared ” get a fuck ton of justification and excuse making for decisions made .

its ok when its a cop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

its ok when its a cop

I'm not going down the racial road, but do you trust a guy like that to make a play in the trenches during an important game? I wouldn't.

Giving a man power and putting their back against a wall reveals just about everything you could want to know.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:54 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If Carter isn't accused of impairment then I guess the flashlight is on you for suggesting you can excuse someone for driving at high speeds while drunk. :lol:

Listen, I just think there's virtually no difference between 1) shooting into a crowd while blindfolded and 2) driving drunk. You're discharging a weapon in both cases and should be held accountable for the mayhem you cause or potentially could have caused.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:03 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If Carter isn't accused of impairment then I guess the flashlight is on you for suggesting you can excuse someone for driving at high speeds while drunk. :lol:

Listen, I just think there's virtually no difference between 1) shooting into a crowd while blindfolded and 2) driving drunk. You're discharging a weapon in both cases and should be held accountable for the mayhem you cause or potentially could have caused.

That’s a horrible comparison not even a dumbass kid is stupid enough like that with a gun. And I’m of the opinion that his lack of integrity drops him out of the first round. I wasn’t a fan in full disclosure anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

its ok when its a cop

I'm not going down the racial road, but do you trust a guy like that to make a play in the trenches during an important game? I wouldn't.

Giving a man power and putting their back against a wall reveals just about everything you could want to know.

Isn't "playing football" different than "hightailing it when you know the cops are showing up"? The latter is a dumb decision, and netted him 2 misdemeanor charges, but not sure how it applies to football. Fact is he is neither the first nor the last (race is completely irrelevant) kid to make that dumb decision. A dumbass kid down the street made a similar decision and got caught by the cops. Parents spent quite a few bucks getting him probation and the charges against him were far more serious.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:41 pm 

This happened on January 15th and they waited until a high profile date to publicly issue a warrant for two misdemeanors? Not to downplay the horrific loss of life, but something smells.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Peter Puck wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

its ok when its a cop

Isn't "playing football" different than "hightailing it when you know the cops are showing up"? The latter is a dumb decision, and netted him 2 misdemeanor charges, but not sure how it applies to football. Fact is he is neither the first nor the last (race is completely irrelevant) kid to make that dumb decision. A dumbass kid down the street made a similar decision and got caught by the cops. Parents spent quite a few bucks getting him probation and the charges against him were far more serious.

I'm not really bothered by him racing or possibly drinking. Leaving your friends to die is a far worse choice, IMO. Like being a rat, it's a lifetime scar. It also shines a light on your character.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Combine quotes! wrote:
Poles “I really liked what I saw in Carters racing. He saw weakness in his opponent and put the hammer down and didn’t let off until he was 45 minutes away. We like players that don’t let up until they hear the whistle.”

Flus “what more can we really say. The kid has killer instincts and his motor just won’t quite. Just relentless and focused on the finish line. Nothing will get in his way. We like everything about him”.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You would be singing a different tune if your son was the driver that died.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Regular Reader wrote:
This happened on January 15th and they waited until a high profile date to publicly issue a warrant for two misdemeanors? Not to downplay the horrific loss of life, but something smells.

He lied to the cops. I'm guessing that delayed the investigation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:50 pm 

According to Paul Finebaum, his “involvement” has been common knowledge in Athens since the victory celebrations two days after the accident. And I guess that ESPN’s Todd McShay has been cryptically alluding to his “character issues” since then.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Regular Reader wrote:
According to Paul Finebaum, his “involvement” has been common knowledge in Athens since the victory celebrations two days after the accident. And I guess that ESPN’s Todd McShay has been cryptically alluding to his “character issues” since then.

Rumors around Athens about what might be common knowledge is a far cry from evidence sufficient to charge a crime. Do you want people to be charged with a crime based on common knowledge or probable cause? I prefer the latter myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next