It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:55 am 

The Hawk wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Getting the first next year gives you the resources to move up next year, the Raiders picks was the one that I would have wanted because they are in a much tougher division, but Carolina will be in young QB mode next year which should put the pick in the top 10, maybe even top 5.

Like both Willams and Maye next year better than all the guys this year and you have put yourself in the position to move up and get one of those guys next year.

Bears next year will be in a similar situation to the Texans this year

Except their record will be at least middle of the pack so their own draft position will be middle of the pack. Carolina, however, will struggle so they should get a #3 to #7 pick from them.

Texans pick 2 AND 12

so that would be a similar position

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:25 pm 

In retrospect, I can see why it was so important to finalize the deal before free agency began.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
badrogue17 wrote:
Im wondering what the fallback excuse will be ( i know this its ridiculous to even consider this because its a scenario thats basically impossible BUT) if Fields only shows slight improvement next year , whats the plan ? Wait another year for him to achieve his forgone conclusion greatness because he only had one year with “ legit” NFL talent and thats not enough time / unfair to judge him on ?

DJ Moore and Chase Claypool better have thick skin.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
Im wondering what the fallback excuse will be ( i know this its ridiculous to even consider this because its a scenario thats basically impossible BUT) if Fields only shows slight improvement next year , whats the plan ? Wait another year for him to achieve his forgone conclusion greatness because he only had one year with “ legit” NFL talent and thats not enough time / unfair to judge him on ?
Already covered this before you posted your usual nonsense.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=129578&start=120#p3905089

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Thought Las Vegas was the traded to make, but they obviously had their eye on Jimmy G., can only imagine what it would be like to be Jimmy G. in Vegas, he will need security just to keep the showgirls at bay. Jimmy G. gets them some meaningless wins, so the picks in return would maybe top 15.

Panthers will be in rebuild mode, already traded away essential infrastructure for a rookie QB which will almost guarantee the #1 next year will be top 10.

You could be in the exact same position next year, holding a top pick and not needing a QB.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
My first reaction was that it was a decent haul, but he should have held out longer. The more I think about it and the closer I look at it, I'm inclined to think this was as good as it's going to get.

Still need answers for O-Line and Defensive line. I suspect that will be a 2 year project. As others have said....Fields has to prove this year he can show some passing accuracy. If he doesn't and they're forced to focus on QB in 2024, they'll likely be in a good draft position with a better QB draft.

Looking at it the other way, if I was a Carolina fan, I'd be pissed about the trade. :lol: :lol: Looks like a Ryan Pace act of desperation.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:25 am 

BigW72 wrote:
My first reaction was that it was a decent haul, but he should have held out longer. The more I think about it and the closer I look at it, I'm inclined to think this was as good as it's going to get.
It's a very nice haul compared to previous trades for the #1 pick especially with people not even knowing who Carolina is targeting at #1.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I have a minor quibble with how people on TV/radio talk about the haul. The Bears did not get "two ones." They swapped first rounders in 2023, so the net increase for the Bears is only one first rounder (2024). If you want to say Moore is the equivalent of a one, then fine, they got a one and Moore, I'm not going to argue (that much).

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:44 am 

I think its just the low second that irritates me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Apart Pizza
BEAR"s TRADE With the PANTHER"s??????

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
vitoscotti wrote:

You are just about the last person in the world I would expect to be the grammar police.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:15 pm 

BigW72 wrote:

Still need answers for O-Line and Defensive line. I suspect that will be a 2 year project. As others have said....Fields has to prove this year he can show some passing accuracy. If he doesn't and they're forced to focus on QB in 2024, they'll likely be in a good draft position with a better QB draft.

Looking at it the other way, if I was a Carolina fan, I'd be pissed about the trade. :lol: :lol: Looks like a Ryan Pace act of desperation.

Watching Poles blow up the disastrous roster that Poles left behind and start making moves in free agency that make sense has been great, but the draft is what separates the good GM's from the bad ones, he must hit on his early round picks.

Pace fell in love with guys that he felt potentially had high ceilings,but ignored the fact that they had limited college production, think Poles will go with guys that are much more proven against high level competition.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Clawmaster wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

Watching Poles blow up the disastrous roster that Poles left behind and start making moves in free agency that make sense has been great, but the draft is what separates the good GM's from the bad ones, he must hit on his early round picks.

Pace fell in love with guys that he felt potentially had high ceilings,but ignored the fact that they had limited college production, think Poles will go with guys that are much more proven against high level competition.

It’s not like it’s his first draft. He took two guys (arguably) that fit your “proven high level” description. The rest were either unproven or mid-major/FCS guys.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I like how his WR pick, the veteran rookie V Jones, tried to catch punts with his helmet.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The common trait among Poles draft picks last year was that they all had high Raw Athletic Scores for their positions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Clawmaster wrote:
Watching Poles blow up the disastrous roster that Poles left behind.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Warren Newson wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

You are just about the last person in the world I would expect to be the grammar police.

You're butthurt over that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Looks like the Bears have picked 9th 6 times.

2016 Leonard Floyd
2000 Brian Urlacher
1979 Al Harris
1944 Ray Evans
1943 Bob Steuber
1941 Don Scott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Clawmaster wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

Pace was just a dumb son of a bitch, had no business being in that position.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:29 am 

who would teams be trading up to get at #9 allowing the Bears to make a second trade down

It couldn't be for any OL/DL because the Bears will presumably be drafting those positions

The most likely scenario is one of the three excellent CB or WR. The team that would look most interested is the Ravens but they don't have a lot of draft capital this year and moving to 22 should be expensive. Maybe the Steelers want to jump from 17. They have a full boat of picks and are good enough where a future 1 isn't expected to be all that costly.

It's a tough one to figure out at this position in the draft and probably comes down to draft day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
who would teams be trading up to get at #9 allowing the Bears to make a second trade down

It couldn't be for any OL/DL because the Bears will presumably be drafting those positions

The most likely scenario is one of the three excellent CB or WR. The team that would look most interested is the Ravens but they don't have a lot of draft capital this year and moving to 22 should be expensive. Maybe the Steelers want to jump from 17. They have a full boat of picks and are good enough where a future 1 isn't expected to be all that costly.

It's a tough one to figure out at this position in the draft and probably comes down to draft day.

Texans coming up from 12

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:41 am 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:06 am 

The Lamar Jackson posturing gives hope to teams with draft capital and cap room that they can trade for him which could have complicated things immensely on draft day.

The fact that Carolina will be bad next year makes next years #1 you got from them potentially more valuable than this years #1 given the QB's coming out next year.

Not sure if Poles realizes the amount of pressure he is under to produce in the draft. The team is trying to get a stadium deal done and if the franchise continues field the worst roster in the league you will have a nice shiny new 80,000 seat sandbox with 40,000 empty seats.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:16 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
The Lamar Jackson posturing gives hope to teams with draft capital and cap room that they can trade for him which could have complicated things immensely on draft day.

The fact that Carolina will be bad next year makes next years #1 you got from them potentially more valuable than this years #1 given the QB's coming out next year.

Not sure if Poles realizes the amount of pressure he is under to produce in the draft. The team is trying to get a stadium deal done and if the franchise continues field the worst roster in the league you will have a nice shiny new 80,000 seat sandbox with 40,000 empty seats.

The o/u for the Bears and Panthers is 7.5.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
You also can't discount just how badly Matt Rhule sucked. They were a respectable .500 after he left last year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
You also can't discount just how badly Matt Rhule sucked. They were a respectable .500 after he left last year.

True. You can only hope that a rookie quarterback struggles.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

The o/u for the Bears and Panthers is 7.5.

That seems very generous for the panthers. Seems about right for the bears.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:11 pm 

They got some nice players on defense. They were fucking idiots for letting Reddick walk for nothing though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The panthers were solidly below average and play in an awful division. I don’t see them regressing to 2022-Bears level awful given their talent on defense.

Granted they lost their best receiver, but their QB situation was brutal last year. They can’t get much worse even if whoever they draft also can’t throw the ball.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next