It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: 2023 Draft, Day 2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
So after this draft I’m pretty sure I know what I’m looking at in Poles -he’s a guy who values metrics and traits over tape and production (actual results). And that’s disastrous when it comes to the draft, Phil Emery took a similar approach and we know how that went. I can’t think of any GM I’ve ever heard of or read about that took this approach with any success.

Basically what this means is that if he hits on a pick it will be luck more than anything else so.. let’s hope he’s lucky.

Wright was a solid pick, Johnson and Scott were solid value picks considering where they were selected. Sewell and Stevenson may pan out as depth.. other than that we didn’t get much out of this draft. If one of the defensive linemen turns out to be serviceable they’d be lucky. Tough pill to swallow knowing we went thru everything we did last year in being the worst team in the league only to come out of this draft with.. this

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I mean, look at it this way.. take the best player in next years draft and know that if that player doesn’t grade well at the combine there’s a good chance Poles won’t even consider them. That’s it in a nutshell. That’s who the GM of the team we cheer for is. Let that sink in.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
They are really going to go into 2023 with Trevis Gibson and DeMarcus Walker as their starting DE's..lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Poles sounded as if he would be looking to add edge help, they still have cap room, so could still sign one of the guys on the street or add a salary cap cut later.

Clowney, Clark, Floyd, and Ngokoue are still out there, who has the most left in the tank?

Could also flip a pick next year to a team that needs salary cap relief, could do this to upgrade at center.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:07 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Robert Quinn for Tyler Scott is a steal.

Might be the Mooney replacement when his contract comes up.

That makes sense.

It probably isn't realistic to expect that both Claypool and Mooney are resigned so Scott (and/or a draft pick in 2024) will need to be ready to play a bigger role.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5