It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New flagship
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Was out doing cardio and thought I would catch the pre-game on the new flagship, but Tunein app switched to national ESPN 30 seconds into the local pre-game, seemed odd that they would spend all that effort in pumping up their coverage and then put on a show nobody could stream.

Post subject: Re: New flagship
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Odd choice of Bleck and Abdalla pre pre game 4 hours before the game.
Silvy though I like his work will be hard to listen to much with his voice pre and post game. Fred before he retired with Peggy wasn't bad.

These in-house people probably come so cheap like Cubs fans saddled with ZZ & Spiegel doing Cubs work instead of paying more for someone qualified.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
I always liked what WBBM did for gameday coverage...curious what this group will bring

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I didn't catch pregame, but heard halftime and post. I really like Silvy, but have not listened recently because ESPN 1000 signal is not as strong here to the far east as it used to be- I have to have the radio facing a certain direction to get signal. I know, this thread was about streaming and I could do that and have done that, but I'm an old man yelling at clouds here and I like my AM radio.

Back to content, Silvy sounded a bit nervous, if that could be possible. He certainly has the experience to not be, but this was a different thing. I loved the caller who appreciated that every single formation wasn't sponsored by a live read. Heck, the Cubs broadcast team even makes fun of the adult diaper partnership for every opposing team pitcher walk. I'm not sure the callers won't end up being the same meatballs that plagued the Doug/OB shows. Some think they are the best part of the broadcast, I do not. YMMV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:26 pm 

There does seem to be a bit too much excitement, maybe they feel the station will get a lift like WSCR did from the Cubs?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:56 pm 

Caught a bit of the pre-game today, Silvy and some random woman, got the same team provided spin that all the people that "cover" the team give you, not exactly two big football brains, but they did have a Thayer hit where he gave you an interesting take or two, decent background noise for cardio, but fairly pedestrian.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:51 am 

Caught the pod of the first Eberflus hit on Kap and Hood, different than the WBBM softball questions, it will be interesting to see J. Hood challenge him as the year progresses.