It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Well? They do. I'm revising my wins down to 2 or 3.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:54 pm 

Bears are gonna have to spend one of those 1st round picks on a quarterback.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Their pick will be higher than the Panthers.

Book it.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
frankie had me convinced these guys would be winning 12/13 games this year. seems more like 2 or 3 games now

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I think Darkside is on to something

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:37 am 

Darkside wrote:

How are they going to win that many games? 1 if they are lucky and Fields just runs the whole game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Usually you could always bet on the Bears giving Minnesota a hard time in Chicago, or pulling one off against Detroit, or beating somebody they shouldn't...but that fourteen game losing streak last year might have been a real watershed moment. Where the Bears finally broke through from being in the Jets-tier of mediocrity into the Lions/Browns tier of complete hopelessness.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:54 am 

Fields showed little improvement in his ability to recognize a throw to make, and while he can scramble it's not enough to win a title. It's weird how he just can't see the field like most QBs can.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
It is amazing how negative the half dozen alleged "Bear's fans" are based on one damn loss. Perhaps they should find some other team to link themselves to because it is really tough to read such unobjective tripe en masse like these people do. I am disappointed in their opening game but most of my criticism is placed on the coaching staff. I still say this will be a .500 football team basically. No question that there has been an upgrade for the Bear's roster and really this was the first game that they were all together as a team. People have questioned why they didn't try in pre-season to get unit cohesion for both sides of the ball. I certainly question why it was done this way because clearly there wasn't much cohesion shown.

Bottom line. I think that the personnel is much better than last years but now it is up to the coaching staff to prove itself. Whether they do it is up to them.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:14 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
It is amazing how negative the half dozen alleged "Bear's fans" are based on one damn loss. Perhaps they should find some other team to link themselves to because it is really tough to read such unobjective tripe en masse like these people do. I am disappointed in their opening game but most of my criticism is placed on the coaching staff. I still say this will be a .500 football team basically. No question that there has been an upgrade for the Bear's roster and really this was the first game that they were all together as a team. People have questioned why they didn't try in pre-season to get unit cohesion for both sides of the ball. I certainly question why it was done this way because clearly there wasn't much cohesion shown.

Bottom line. I think that the personnel is much better than last years but now it is up to the coaching staff to prove itself. Whether they do it is up to them.

I don't think you know anything about football. There's no way this is a 500 team and even if it was what makes a 500 team acceptable in a major city like Chicago?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:15 pm 

The Hawk wrote:

So when does Fields start to play like a good quarterback?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Darkside wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

I don't think you know anything about football. There's no way this is a 500 team and even if it was what makes a 500 team acceptable in a major city like Chicago?

I think he meant this is a 500 yard team, as in we'll run and pass for 500 for the year. Hawk seems correct for once.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:17 pm 

Brick wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Once he has a clean pocket for the 45 seconds he rightfully deserves to make the right read and throw.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:27 pm 

Darkside wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Well, My coaching experience and knowledge is in baseball. I played some high school football but didn't want to risk my arm playing football being a pretty good pitcher in high school and college. However, I am about an average fan I would guess in terms of knowledge of football. What is your knowledge of football by the way. Did you play college or pro football? Ever coach it at anything beyond Pop Warner level?

As for your question about whether .500 football is acceptable? In my estimation, it is acceptable considering how little talent they inherited two years ago. The thing is that guys like you are forever bitchers who will never be happy with anything other than Super Bowls ever year. Its really delusional thinking.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:28 pm 

Darkside wrote:

You'd be a lot of fun to bet with or rather against.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Hawk wrote:
However, I am about an average fan
Nah, you're well below average.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I think most people would settle for the amazingly talented cant miss because in college his team was so much better than anyone else they played quarterback be better than the previous unheralded came from a shit program and started a grand total of 13 games quarterback.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:39 pm 

The Hawk wrote:

I'll be 49 this year and have been watching bad QB play for the last three decades. Take your "one damn loss" comment and shove it up your ass!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:44 pm 

The Hawk wrote:

Well, My coaching experience and knowledge is in baseball. I played some high school football but didn't want to risk my arm playing football being a pretty good pitcher in high school and college. However, I am about an average fan I would guess in terms of knowledge of football. What is your knowledge of football by the way. Did you play college or pro football? Ever coach it at anything beyond Pop Warner level?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:41 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
However, I am about an average fan
Nah, you're well below average.

What are you, Franky? Were you a high level football player or at least a high school coach? What school did you play for and coach at. I love this crap on sports boards where one moron fan insults another fan as being a bad fan.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:49 pm 

Juiced wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

I'll be 49 this year and have been watching bad QB play for the last three decades. Take your "one damn loss" comment and shove it up your ass!

3-14 team going through a massive personnel change. Giving up after one game is just plain STUPID. I've seen the same bad quarterback play as you have. Major overhauls of personnel need a bit of time to be put together. They didn't have enough time to do it in pre-season for some reason. This is what coaching is responsible for. You go right ahead and quit watching this team if you want to give up. I guess that you do not see the better talent that they have over last years squad? Go ahead and start following the Cowboys I guess?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:52 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Juiced wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

3-14 team going through a massive personnel change. Giving up after one game is just plain STUPID. I've seen the same bad quarterback play as you have. Major overhauls of personnel need a bit of time to be put together. They didn't have enough time to do it in pre-season for some reason. This is what coaching is responsible for. You go right ahead and quit watching this team if you want to give up. I guess that you do not see the better talent that they have over last years squad? Go ahead and start following the Cowboys I guess?

Face it, Hawk. This team sucks and it's not only because of coaching. You can't coach Fields to see things he can't see. And you can't coach Poles to be more savvy and strategic.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:00 pm 

If fields could see open guys this team would beat the Packers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:22 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Darkside wrote:

You'd be a lot of fun to bet with or rather against.

I do pretty good at the books.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Chris Jones couldn't sign that one year deal with KC after watching the game yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:05 pm 

Bears forum, Sox forum???? I guess it doesn’t matter

https://x.com/midwayjimbo/status/170106 ... Ul_sDJcphQ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:42 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Brick wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

FIelds already playing at MVP contender level (judging by the company his stats keep):

and you can throw Josh Allen in there at 29/41 for 236 yds last night and 3 picks

From the Lions much ballyhooed offense only mustering 1 offensive score in their first 8 drives/3 quarters to the Jets and Bills only notching a single offensive TD each in regulation last night, this was one of the 6 worst offensive weeks in the NFL since the turn of the century (last 22 seasons or over 350 individual weeks)--and the only 5 weeks of offense in the NFL worse than this week were all pre-2010

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Here comes the part where we start counting the garbage time accumulations.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:35 pm 

you suck