It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
He's a decent to solid player. He isn't worth $50 million.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
What do people want from Kmet though? He’s generally regarded as a good blocker and he puts up solid yardage/TD stats with a QB who’s been incapable of throwing the ball 75% of his career.

He’s a solid player and there aren’t a ton of realistic options out there that would be an upgrade. So either you pay the guy market value for what he is or you downgrade at the position.

A good blocker for what? He's an acceptable pass catching option in the red zone, but he's not a guy that defenses will game plan for. I don't want to cut him, but I wouldn't give the Allen Robinson Lite of TEs top 5 guaranteed money.

The market is the market. Fans seem to want to take the Ryan Poles’ approach of ignoring the market and getting worse out of principle.

Say what you will about PFF rankings - they’re the only service I know that actually assigns blocking value to the position and he’s been a top 10 TE blocker over the course of a season. He had a couple bad games early this year but I’m not going to ignore the whole body of work because of it.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:
What do people want from Kmet though? He’s generally regarded as a good blocker and he puts up solid yardage/TD stats with a QB who’s been incapable of throwing the ball 75% of his career.

He’s a solid player and there aren’t a ton of realistic options out there that would be an upgrade. So either you pay the guy market value for what he is or you downgrade at the position.

A good blocker for what? He's an acceptable pass catching option in the red zone, but he's not a guy that defenses will game plan for. I don't want to cut him, but I wouldn't give the Allen Robinson Lite of TEs top 5 guaranteed money.

The market is the market. Fans seem to want to take the Ryan Poles’ approach of ignoring the market and getting worse out of principle.

Say what you will about PFF rankings - they’re the only service I know that actually assigns blocking value to the position and he’s been a top 10 TE blocker over the course of a season. He had a couple bad games early this year but I’m not going to ignore the whole body of work because of it.

I don't think the market said he deserved top 5 guarantees because he had 6 good games at the end of last season and he's a great locker room guy. It looks like Ryan Poles ignored the market because they had to get to the cap floor.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:34 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't think the market said he deserved top 5 guarantees because he had 6 good games at the end of last season and he's a great locker room guy. It looks like Ryan Poles ignored the market because they had to get to the cap floor.

He and Dawson Knox have had fairly similar careers and got fairly similar contracts in the same offseason. That’s market.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

He and Dawson Knox have had fairly similar careers and got fairly similar contracts in the same offseason. That’s market.

I was a fan of Kmet's his rookie season. He made rookie mistakes but he fought for every yard. He had some George Kittle in him. He forgot how to catch his sophomore year. Outside of some late season touchdowns last season, he was replacement level before signing a new contract.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/32 ... eason=2022

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:18 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I was a fan of Kmet's his rookie season. He made rookie mistakes but he fought for every yard. He had some George Kittle in him. He forgot how to catch his sophomore year. Outside of some late season touchdowns last season, he was replacement level before signing a new contract.

You can’t accuse other people of box score scouting and post receiving stats (which show he was pretty even all year) without commenting on blocking.

Is PFF wrong that he was a top 10 blocking TE last year?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

You can’t accuse other people of box score scouting and post receiving stats (which show he was pretty even all year) without commenting on blocking.

Is PFF wrong that he was a top 10 blocking TE last year?

I don't know about top 10. There are a lot of TEs like Mercedes Lewis who have only blocked for about the last decade, but I thought he was blocking well last year. I'm pretty certain I posted that in our Kmet Tracker thread.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=128563&hilit=Kmet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
So... how'd he do this week?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:37 pm 

0 catches for 0 yards and 0 penalties

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
So... how'd he do this week?

He mesmerized his teammates with his body during the week and cheered while watching them win.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
IkeSouth wrote:
0 catches for 0 yards and 0 penalties

So....better than a typical game with the Bears.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:57 pm 

With the solid Bears - Steelers trade pipeline setup, maybe the Bears will send Pittsburg a second round pick for this guy? Be a nice replacement to Claypool

https://x.com/barstoolsports/status/172 ... 44983?s=20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I have to say that I was wrong about Kmet being a bust. I still would like the Bears to draft the great te from Texas who I think would really provide Fields another weapon and especially a safety valve for him.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9