https://youtu.be/AvaCtPCfzBo?si=3vhskyZ5_9aeBhgC

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post subject: Re: Darnell Wright
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:23 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
He was inconsistent against the Pack, but that's to be expected given that it was his first game and he was matched up against a very tough defender. I expect him to improve pretty rapidly over the course of the next few games.

On another note, the Bears cannot continue to put Lucas Patrick on the field. I re-watched the game last night, and it looked like he was getting beaten, if not outright dominated, on almost every play. If Whitehair still isn't ready to move back to center, they need to get that guy from Miami in the lineup for the next game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
He was inconsistent against the Pack, but that's to be expected given that it was his first game and he was matched up against a very tough defender. I expect him to improve pretty rapidly over the course of the next few games.

On another note, the Bears cannot continue to put Lucas Patrick on the field. I re-watched the game last night, and it looked like he was getting beaten, if not outright dominated, on almost every play. If Whitehair still isn't ready to move back to center, they need to get that guy from Miami in the lineup for the next game.

Ideally Poles would have had the most money to spend in free agency and a bunch of picks to address deficiencies on the line. Hopefully that happens sometime soon.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:32 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:

Whitehair was getting overpowered on nearly every play too. Surprisingly, an out of shape Nate Davis actually looked good. The narrative that he was awful is wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Whitehair was getting overpowered on nearly every play too. Surprisingly, an out of shape Nate Davis actually looked good. The narrative that he was awful is wrong.

I thought I saw that Davis allowed more pressures than any other guard in the NFL on Sunday.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I thought I saw that Davis allowed more pressures than any other guard in the NFL on Sunday.

That's hard to imagine after watching the right side of the Giants line evaporate play after play Sunday night. Mark Glowinski and Evan Neal might be the worst guard/tackle combo in the league. Neal looks like a HUGE bust.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I for one am glad we tanked so we could draft a right tackle top 10, probably the most easiest position to fill on the offensive line.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Caller Bob wrote:
I for one am glad we tanked so we could draft a right tackle top 10, probably the most easiest position to fill on the offensive line.

If they hadn't drafted one you'd be the first one bitching about them not addressing the offensive line.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:26 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Yeah, upon re-viewing, I saw Nate Davis absolutely maul guys on a few plays. He seemed to have a pretty good game overall. I think the right side of the line should improve significantly once Davis and Wright get used to playing next to one another.

I agree that Whitehair had a subpar game. Unfortunately, he appears to be the best we have at center unless the scrap heap guy from Miami can prove himself useful.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:37 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I saw the same. In this 15 minute video praising Wright, Davis had the right amount of nastiness and looked solid.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:38 am 

HITS principle let the Davis have Club Med the entire summer, shocking that he sucked on Sunday. But none of this is on the coach, right?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:44 am 
1000 CLUB

Cole Kmet seemed to have a pretty crappy game as well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:04 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

Completely agree.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
At some point GMs with younger rosters have to decide that it's time to play the starters for a half in all three preseason games. So many oddball performances across the league in week 1, players obviously not in game shape or at game coordination levels.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:20 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but he went down very easily all day. The one that stood out was a catch inside the 5 that he had every incentive to fight to get into the end zone.

I have no problem with extending Kmet. I would have liked to get one of the TE in this draft. There were a few guys (even within the division) who were already showing in Week 1. You only have so many picks, though, and I was really impressed with Stephenson.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:34 am 
1000 CLUB

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
At some point GMs with younger rosters have to decide that it's time to play the starters for a half in all three preseason games. So many oddball performances across the league in week 1, players obviously not in game shape or at game coordination levels.

I completely agree. The CBA limits the amount and intensity of training camp practices to such a degree that coaches should feel obligated to get as much as possible out of the preseason games. Eberflus' unwillingness to do so contributed to the train wreck we witnessed on Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:42 am 
100000 CLUB

The Steelers looked awful and they played their starters more than anyone. The Bears were just bad.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
There were several teams that looked unprepared last week, does seem the coaches would rather lose a few games early than risk pre-season injuries.

This will likely be the norm in the future as the old school coaches age out and the younger dudes take over.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
This was a bad selection. I didn't see anything indicating "future all pro", more like "future Bobbie Massie". Zero positional versatility to play left tackle so his value is constantly hamstrung. Only one player of this profile drafted inthe last twenty years has had a franchise altering affect (Lane Johnson). The odds are very poor, and its a joke that a team that was picking first overall walked away with this guy as their first pick.

Second round talent taken top ten.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:33 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Completely agree.
He has crappy games like 2/3 of the time. Each week you can count on him and Eddie Jackson making at least one complete shit play.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:01 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

That's hard to imagine after watching the right side of the Giants line evaporate play after play Sunday night. Mark Glowinski and Evan Neal might be the worst guard/tackle combo in the league. Neal looks like a HUGE bust.

Here’s the article I referenced. He gave up most pressures on the team (not in the league). Not everybody loves PFF rankings, but they had him as the 58th ranked pass blocking guard this week out of 65 qualifiers.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... ate-davis/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tom Thayer has eyes too. When he watched the tape he also thought Davis was good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:13 pm 

Tom Thayer knows who signs his paychecks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:14 pm 

Nas wrote:
Tom Thayer has eyes too. When he watched the tape he also thought Davis was good.

How does that reconcile with nine pressures on 37 drop backs including whatever this is:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

How does that reconcile with nine pressures on 37 drop backs including whatever this is:

I don't know. There was a penalty on this play against the Packers for being offside. Did you watch the video in the op?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:37 pm 

I didn’t. I also didn’t notice him as particularly good or bad, I just saw the stats after the fact.

I’ll go hand up that I rarely pay attention to the line while watching unless they do something noticeably good/bad.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:47 pm 

This guy has been the worst player on the field today in this matchup of terrible teams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:51 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
This guy has been the worst player on the field today in this matchup of terrible teams

no

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:00 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

no

Which of his 5 penalties was your favorite?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The one when cumed on ur mom's face

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.