It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Clawmaster wrote:
Take the starting pitcher approach and trade him after a good start, no way you get a first, maybe a second at best.

Just have to make sure Poles does not flip picks for any more guys that are failed early round picks but fit his length/athleticism fetish. You can see how that is working out with Edmunds, would say he looks like Tarzan, but plays like Jane, but Jane would not shy away from contact like he does, rarely see a MLB refuse to fill a gap and take on a blocker like he does. If you watch Urlacher play in this defense and then watch Edmunds you see one guy attacking the point of attack, playing an instinctual and violent brand of football, and one guy that is just floating around waiting for the play to come to him.

But, but, but I was told Edmunds was "Urlacher-like" !!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Take the starting pitcher approach and trade him after a good start, no way you get a first, maybe a second at best.

Just have to make sure Poles does not flip picks for any more guys that are failed early round picks but fit his length/athleticism fetish. You can see how that is working out with Edmunds, would say he looks like Tarzan, but plays like Jane, but Jane would not shy away from contact like he does, rarely see a MLB refuse to fill a gap and take on a blocker like he does. If you watch Urlacher play in this defense and then watch Edmunds you see one guy attacking the point of attack, playing an instinctual and violent brand of football, and one guy that is just floating around waiting for the play to come to him.

You also had him on your list of players to sign.

You're the artist, but your trolling lacks coherency. I don't know if it's by design, but it comes off as you being desperate to get anyone to respond negatively to you.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:45 am 

Clawmaster wrote:

Glad I am not the only one tired of seeing Edmunds trail a play after a 10-15 yard gain. Only hope for the future is he has not been coached and prepared for gameday by this incompetent staff. No way Eberflus and his Cover 2 are back next year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:26 pm 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

You're the artist, but your trolling lacks coherency. I don't know if it's by design, but it comes off as you being desperate to get anyone to respond negatively to you.

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I love Edmunds and wanted them to draft him out of college. Great move.

I don't know why they signed both LB. I guess they don't like Sanborn as much as they said.

What do you love about Edmunds? He doesn't rush the passer, he doesn't generate turnovers at an elite rate either. He's a decent guy but that's about it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I don't recall you having an era.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I don't recall you having an era.

The balcks haven't advanced that much.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Bob likes everyone... until he doesn't.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Who are the vets on this team with value?

You can maybe flip Ngakoue for a 5th rounder, you would be lucky to get anything for Claypool, late round picks for Jaylon Johnson and D'onta Foreman?

Maybe you can use the picks to move up in next years draft?

Fields would of course get you the best return, at what point do you pull the trigger, 0-9, 0-10, or hang on until draft day next year, say this for a few reasons, most notably his lack of production, but cannot see how he would want to stay in Chicago, so you will need a QB soon anyway, this team will not be competitive for at least two more years, so you might as well reboot the entire thing with a QB1 on a rookie deal.

You take your QB with your top pick and if you have two picks in the top four you trade your second first round pick to a team one or two slots behind you, pick up some extra draft capital and then use that pick in the 3-5 range on the Penn State or ND LT, do not see a defensive player worthy of a top 4 pick, you will have to overpay for a DE in FA and then draft one with your pick early in the second round.

The good news is that the Panthers appear to only have 3-4 winnable games due to Tampa being better than advertised, with the only lock being the 11/9 game against the Bears, but Denver will be hard pressed to win more than a couple more games, you also have the Raiders who will be hard pressed to win games, so you likely will have two top 5 picks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

I think you're undervaluing a proven pass rusher. I think the Bears will keep Johnson. You couldn't get a bag of balls for Foreman.

I don't think they are getting more than a late 2nd for Fields, and it's probably closer to a Late 3rd. His value wasn't likely much more than that before the draft. It wasn't worth dumping him for that. Now it would be.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:18 pm 

Nas wrote:
I think you're undervaluing a proven pass rusher. I think the Bears will keep Johnson. You couldn't get a bag of balls for Foreman.

I don't think they are getting more than a late 2nd for Fields, and it's probably closer to a Late 3rd. His value wasn't likely much more than that before the draft. It wasn't worth dumping him for that. Now it would be.

It will take a pretty shrewd operator to pull all this off, but one thing is for sure, there is no way Eberflus is coaching this team next year, and have significant doubts about Poles being able to manage this off season successfully given the less than impressive results we saw in free agency and the draft last year. The job looks to be too big for him at this point in his career.

This will be a once in a lifetime chance to radically change your roster with significant cap room and two top ten draft picks, screwing it up will relegate the franchise to NFL hell for the next five plus years, get it right and you could be competitive in two years. There should be a tremendous sense of urgency at Halas Hall given the woeful state of the franchise, you are seeing the cracks in the facade in every Eberflus press conference.

If Warren jumps in and fires everyone, then hires the right guys he will be a legend in Chicago. The same could be said for the QB that comes in and wins here, he will make tons of local and national endorsement money.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

It will take a pretty shrewd operator to pull all this off, but one thing is for sure, there is no way Eberflus is coaching this team next year, and have significant doubts about Poles being able to manage this off season successfully given the less than impressive results we saw in free agency and the draft last year. The job looks to be too big for him at this point in his career.

This will be a once in a lifetime chance to radically change your roster with significant cap room and two top ten draft picks, screwing it up will relegate the franchise to NFL hell for the next five plus years, get it right and you could be competitive in two years. There should be a tremendous sense of urgency at Halas Hall given the woeful state of the franchise, you are seeing the cracks in the facade in every Eberflus press conference.

If Warren jumps in and fires everyone, then hires the right guys he will be a legend in Chicago. The same could be said for the QB that comes in and wins here, he will make tons of local and national endorsement money.

I don't know what expectations you have. I don't know if Poles will draft or sign the right players either, but I'm impressed by the position the Bears are in after 18 months.

Warren should be focusing on securing the Bears a longterm home. He shouldn't be considering firing anyone. Poles should fire Eberflus as soon as possible. He's proven over the past few weeks that he can't handle the job.

I would kick the tires of Eric Bieniemy. He may be a quarterback whisperer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:11 pm 

I think the Eberflus experiment (which is 100 percent on Poles even tho Nas doesn't want to fault Poles for Eberflus or much else), proves you need an executive at HC. Just because you know offense or defense it doesn't mean you know how to be a HC. Your executive functions can only be known through thorough interviews which includes scenario based conversations and through anecdotal reports from people who've seen you in action. It's not clear if this basic understanding is shared by Poles.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:30 pm 

when was the last time we had any head coach that could control the game in real time? lovie was a man. players did what he said. but he still couldnt make the best calls in-game. Eberflus is a bitch. the players dont listen to him. it's clear. he's probably a great guy and everything, but nobody sees him as a leader. his last name doesn't help either it fucking sucks.

andy reid commands respect and can will always make good calls in real time. same with bellechick. thats what a HC does.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
I think the Eberflus experiment (which is 100 percent on Poles even tho Nas doesn't want to fault Poles for Eberflus or much else), proves you need an executive at HC. Just because you know offense or defense it doesn't mean you know how to be a HC. Your executive functions can only be known through thorough interviews which includes scenario based conversations and through anecdotal reports from people who've seen you in action. It's not clear if this basic understanding is shared by Poles.

Poles was as responsible for Eberflus as Pace was for Fox. I believe they get along well, but I saw Eberflus fold at the first sign of pressure.

Eberflus has played the role of executive, too. Every coach starts with an expertise. You can't escape that. That said, I'm not opposed to my coach calling plays.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:54 pm 

I don't think we're seeing any evidence that Eberflus has executive skills. The Bears being the mess that they are following the Claypool, Williams, and Fields controversies, it's also evident that Poles is clueless about this part of the job as well. You can have a Claypool or Williams or a Fields situation, but you can't let it spiral out of control like the Bears have, where you become the butt of every joke on national sports shows. Every team in the world goes through a Claypool situation for example. The way Poles/Eberflus have handled it is embarrassing. It also has real world implications beyond just being messy - the more you mess up the situation the more information you inadvertently share with potential trade partners which hurts Claypool's value. Just dumb all around

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:36 pm 

You saw the way a real HC reacts when Tomlin was asked about his teams performance.

Eberflus says a lot by saying nothing because you can tell he is lying by the way he stammers around trying to find the right way to say nothing.

Really surprised the team is not prepping him more for his pressers, but they may feel that ship has sailed and feel there is no need to invest anymore time or energy, still cannot believe he was the best candidate they interviewed, there is no way you can talk to that guy and feel he is capable of being an NFL head coach.

Kind of feel sorry for the guy, the franchise is pushing him out there as the face of failure while Poles, George, and Warren are....well they are not exactly stepping up and providing leadership. It would have been a great opportunity for your GM to step up and say why he sent Claypool home, but instead we got the Flus out there stammering around and getting hammered by the sleepy "Bears Media", who apparently missed all this ineptitude while covering the team during training camp.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

I think you're overly impressed by style. Tomlin says all the right shit in a very easy to understand way, but then he trots Canada back out there. How many offensive coordinators has he hired? How many defensive coordinators has he gone through since the legends he had nothing to do with walked away? If the Bears had the talent he's failed to win with, the Chicago fans and media would run him out of town. Instead we want to meet him at the airport and blow him.

Poles shouldn't have to speak to the media every week. No GM does. Eberflus should be able to answer questions without looking frightened. He should be able to make coaching decisions without being influenced by fans. He should know what the fuck is going on in his locker room. He shouldn't be a pussy and break up with a player over the phone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:01 am 

Nas wrote:
I think you're overly impressed by style. Tomlin says all the right shit in a very easy to understand way, but then he trots Canada back out there. How many offensive coordinators has he hired? How many defensive coordinators has he gone through since the legends he had nothing to do with walked away? If the Bears had the talent he's failed to win with, the Chicago fans and media would run him out of town. Instead we want to meet him at the airport and blow him.

Poles shouldn't have to speak to the media every week. No GM does. Eberflus should be able to answer questions without looking frightened. He should be able to make coaching decisions without being influenced by fans. He should know what the fuck is going on in his locker room. He shouldn't be a pussy and break up with a player over the phone.

You must be watching Uncle Terry's imaginary TV, you do realize that Tomlin has never had a losing record? Compare the way he handled Claypool to Eberflus, Tomlin knew Claypool was not exactly a team first guy, but he quietly worked with his GM to find a sucker to trade for him rather than making him apologize to the team which diminished his trade value. Sadly the found a Ryan Pace like sucker in the Bears GM.

Would venture to say that your GM needs to protect your HC, running Eberflus out there to lie about decision made above his pay grade is a cowardly look for the franchise. He should be out there taking the bullets and let his HC try to handle coaching the team, especially now that he is short a DC and is taking on way more responsibility, throw your HC a lifeline instead of an anchor because the good ship Bears is rapidly sinking.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

You must be watching Uncle Terry's imaginary TV, you do realize that Tomlin has never had a losing record? Compare the way he handled Claypool to Eberflus, Tomlin knew Claypool was not exactly a team first guy, but he quietly worked with his GM to find a sucker to trade for him rather than making him apologize to the team which diminished his trade value. Sadly the found a Ryan Pace like sucker in the Bears GM.

Would venture to say that your GM needs to protect your HC, running Eberflus out there to lie about decision made above his pay grade is a cowardly look for the franchise. He should be out there taking the bullets and let his HC try to handle coaching the team, especially now that he is short a DC and is taking on way more responsibility, throw your HC a lifeline instead of an anchor because the good ship Bears is rapidly sinking.

Claypool was traded because the Steelers paid Dionte Johnson and were out of the playoff race. If the Steelers had a realistic chance to make the playoffs at the deadline, Claypool would have been in Pittsburgh. Tomlin tolerated Claypool's diva routine for 3 years. Tomlin is overrated. He's nowhere near as inept as Eberflus, but I wouldn't want him in my building.

Poles gave the coach a vote of confidence 2 weeks ago. If he has to hold Eberflus' hand every week, that's another sign Eberflus shouldn't be here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:01 am 

Claypool was traded because Pickens took his spot and he (Claypool) is a grade A penis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:02 am 

claypool wasn't wrong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
good dolphin wrote:
claypool wasn't wrong

yea i'd quit on this team too

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:49 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
veganfan21 wrote:

The idea that Eberflus "knows defense" is questionable at best. He was exposed quite badly during his final year in Indy and failed upward into his head coaching position with the Bears.

As far as Poles goes, we'll probably never know the full story, but it certainly seems that Trace Armstrong got him the job after Trace and Polian sold George on Eberflus. He then hired Eberflus as payback to his agent and as the path of least resistance to George.

Trace Armstrong seems to have played George and Polian like a fiddle and is laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Are there other teams still using Tampa 2? The only argument I could muster for Eberflus is that Poles didn't give him the defensive line he needs, which is exposing his scheme.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The idea that Eberflus "knows defense" is questionable at best. He was exposed quite badly during his final year in Indy and failed upward into his head coaching position with the Bears.

As far as Poles goes, we'll probably never know the full story, but it certainly seems that Trace Armstrong got him the job after Trace and Polian sold George on Eberflus. He then hired Eberflus either as payback to his agent and as the path of least resistance to George.

Trace Armstrong seems to have played George and Polian like a fiddle and is laughing all the way to the bank.

Wasn't he also Nagy's agent?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:59 am 

Is there any evidence Poles knows anything about schemes? He seems to draft athletes instead of football players. I heard he's trying to recruit Zach Lavine to play DT because he came away impressed with Lavine's slam dunk contest videos on YouTube.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:53 am 

how about an AI coach ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:55 am 
100000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
how about an AI coach ?

Don't they use AI to call plays? Not the Bears, but others.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
Eberflus has played the role of executive, too.
Sure.

Enron and Bernie Madoff had executives as well.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:12 am 

Nas wrote:
Bagels wrote:
how about an AI coach ?

Don't they use AI to call plays? Not the Bears, but others.

i know they use it to write books about foraging for mushrooms