It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Josh Lucas
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:19 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I don't know, Parkins sounds like a complete asshole and if I was Lucas, I wouldn't have given him anything because of it. The approach of, "this is really bothering me, why did you fuck this up" is really unprofessional. Even though his heart and questions are in the right place, it just comes off bad.

Completely agree. The interview was great because of the content and in spite of Parkins/Spiegel doing their best to make it about them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Ricky11Slade wrote:
another thing that was just jaw dropping for me was when Lucas said Scott Hagel told him on the day he was hired to not listen to the local media. They're telling new hires that on day one. Do they actually think the local media is out to get them? They're a horrible organization, it's not a vendetta. No wonder they don't seem to understand what they're doing wrong year after year after year. They live in a the football version of North Korea.

If I worked for the sport side of a pro sports organization, I wouldn't listen or read local media either. There's no benefit to it. I see nothing wrong with Hagel saying that. I'm just not sure it needed to be said.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Ricky11Slade wrote:
another thing that was just jaw dropping for me was when Lucas said Scott Hagel told him on the day he was hired to not listen to the local media. They're telling new hires that on day one. Do they actually think the local media is out to get them? They're a horrible organization, it's not a vendetta. No wonder they don't seem to understand what they're doing wrong year after year after year. They live in a the football version of North Korea.

If I worked for the sport side of a pro sports organization, I wouldn't listen or read local media either. There's no benefit to it. I see nothing wrong with Hagel saying that. I'm just not sure it needed to be said.

Agreed.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The talent evaluation regime of the Pace era appears significantly better than the Poles era. Poles drafts/trades/and FA additions have been awful. The problem with Pace was trading up/not valuing picks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Ricky11Slade wrote:

it's not a good idea to live in a bubble, regardless of what industry you're in. It's a terrible way to live your life and conduct any business. and it's gotten them absolutely nowhere. They didn't hire Bruce Arians because of a fake press conference, so their policy on this has already bit them in material ways.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:06 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Ricky11Slade wrote:

Agreed.

This is how George keeps getting bamboozled by his hires because he can't see through bullshit. "hey don't listen to any outside 'noise' Mr. McCaskey, the Bears are a healthy organization, we're not the laughingstock of the NFL"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
How often are the media right about anything? Manufacturing anger for content is what they're good at. Not listening to them is best. Do your job!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas is right. Additionally it’s not like they would be saying don’t listen to well informed, intelligent football minds locally. Hagel is saying don’t listen to asswipes that don’t have the slightest clue what they’re talking about trying to find some bullshit narrative to inflate their own egos (aka local Chicago sports media). Of course if they ignored that advice and turned on the score all they would hear is inside joke stories about friends in the media that they can tell the rest of the story during break. We have a weird group of people that have these gigs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:21 pm 

Nas wrote:
How often are the media right about anything? Manufacturing anger for content is what they're good at. Not listening to them is best. Do your job!

I'm not talking about the media writ large here. Anyone who has had a critical opinion of the Bears and their business in the last 12 years has had their opinion be completely validated in the end. The Bears can't even hire these bums themselves, they have to get elderly consultants to recommend the worst HC and GM you'll ever see. The Bears posture on the media and "outside noise" and all that nonsense would be a little easier to understand if they weren't a complete shitshow.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:25 pm 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Nas is right. Additionally it’s not like they would be saying don’t listen to well informed, intelligent football minds locally. Hagel is saying don’t listen to asswipes that don’t have the slightest clue what they’re talking about trying to find some bullshit narrative to inflate their own egos (aka local Chicago sports media). Of course if they ignored that advice and turned on the score all they would hear is inside joke stories about friends in the media that they can tell the rest of the story during break. We have a weird group of people that have these gigs.

The Bears have devolved in to the worst franchise in the NFL, I really think there is nothing to defend at Halas Hall, regardless of how we all feel about the Score hosts.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Listening to Danny Parkins probably doesn’t make you a better football mind…

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

Someone should hire this man for his football thoughts.

https://youtu.be/C5QZW8RsyrQ?si=sc61KaSy-wJlz96n

https://youtu.be/BXVm1KtkFdY?si=l4wwJhMYkx6ekjgs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:44 pm 

Nas wrote:

The guy who wanted Mitch?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

He hates Kmet. The entire league got Mahomes wrong, including the Chiefs. They just didn't have the capital to go up for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:52 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

He hates Kmet. The entire league got Mahomes wrong, including the Chiefs. They just didn't have the capital to go up for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

I like him because he’s honest but he doesn’t strike me as a great talent evaluator. His type of candor is rare for guys who’ve been in the rooms where he’s been.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I like him because he’s honest but he doesn’t strike me as a great talent evaluator. His type of candor is rare for guys who’ve been in the rooms where he’s been.

Yeah, you rarely hear the "why" about decisions teams make. I love listening to him. He's very informative, IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
He will never work in the NFL again after doing these interviews

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
He will never work in the NFL again after doing these interviews

Agreed. I think he knows that. He wants a media job.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
The Chicago sports media is a bit different than others, nowhere near as critical as East Coast markets, it's a bunch of people that really want to be buddies with the players and stay in the good graces of team management. This results in an almost embarrassing level of coverage, especially at WSCR where the "smart fans station" gives you some rather idiotic football takes, and of course you have to filter everything through SJW censors, so you get dramatically watered down and filtered thoughts.

Pods give you a more unfiltered or out of town viewpoint where the hosts are not beholden to the McKaskey family.

The true tell however is watching the games and seeing how the rest of the league views the Bears. The other teams know the Bears better than the Bears know themselves. The league quickly figured out that Justin Fields struggles against zone coverage, and when you play zone you limit his run lanes, so they took away the only thing he really can do and he struggled until he played the worst D in the league. The Eberflus D struggles against crossing routes, and plays almost a prevent defense, so you just run crossing routes into the empty spots in front of your high priced MLB and then behind your high priced MLB and in front of your high priced safety, and pick up easy chunks, you also know the bears DE's are soft against the run so you always have an easy 3 plus yards when you run off tackle.

Hard to lie and hide those facts from anyone that watches, but these are roster construction and coaching issues which will take time to fix.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:13 pm 

more good stuff with him today in the 4 oclock hour on the SCORE.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

Yeah, they only have the last 1/3 of the interview up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:15 pm 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Yeah, they only have the last 1/3 of the interview up.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1948153009

Just have to find the time on here.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:

I began to worry when he waxed poetic about Caleb Williams. He had the same reaction when watching (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky fail to be the starter at a basketball school.

Also gave himself a pass when he defended having the lowest number of picks over his tenure due to trading up all the time. He called it being aggressive and passionate about getting your guy. Normal people call that incompetence.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:24 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I began to worry when he waxed poetic about Caleb Williams. He had the same reaction when watching (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky fail to be the starter at a basketball school.

Also gave himself a pass when he defended having the lowest number of picks over his tenure due to trading up all the time. He called it being aggressive and passionate about getting your guy. Normal people call that incompetence.

Williams is obvious. Everybody is going to say good things about him. It’s a Luck, Lawrence type pick.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Williams is obvious. Everybody is going to say good things about him. It’s a Luck, Lawrence type pick.

I still don't think highly of Lawrence. I saw him Josh Allen a championship game against Burrow. He looked completely rattled.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:24 am 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I still don't think highly of Lawrence. I saw him Josh Allen a championship game against Burrow. He looked completely rattled.

in year 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

He's on ESPN and he's impressed by Bagent. Arm strength is his only concern.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:

That's like saying you like Lieutenant Dan as a sprinter but your one concern is that he's had both legs amputated.

Has Josh Lucas ever drafted a good player?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's like saying you like Lieutenant Dan as a sprinter but your one concern is that he's had both legs amputated.

Has Josh Lucas ever drafted a good player?

He also said Jaylon Johnson was a blue guy, but DJ Moore was just a red.

He's an interesting guy to listen to, but his scouting eye is suspect.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas's guy Josh Lucas was scheduled to be on the Hoge & Jahns Podcast early this morning so the hosts could announce Lucas would be a regular guest.

Apparently, Lucas showed up drunk and H & J abruptly ended the YouTube stream.

The video has been made private.

Josh Lucas is now both a failed NFL scout and a failed NFL analyst.