It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
The only time in the modern era that a team had the #1 and #2 picks in the draft, the Colts selected Steve Emtman and Quentin Coryatt. We all remember them fondly. I get that you have the potential for two generational talents in Williams and Harrison. I get that there's risk no matter what option you choose. Maybe this is the dumbest thing I've posted yet. But would you consider trading the top 2 picks in the draft if you could get a significant haul that shores up both lines and gives you additional capital over the next year or two?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:12 am 

No. Not if you need a QB and there is a QB set to go 1 that is considered a top talent.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:15 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
If the Bears managed to get the first 2 picks, I would be willing to trade the 2nd pick for the 4th and future draft capital. I wouldn't do anything that prevents me from getting Bowers or Harrison.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
You're probably right, but it just feels like there are so many holes to fill that even if they had Mahomes as the QB, they probably don't make the playoffs. Its a question of, do you acquire a bunch of young talent with additional capital available over time like the Eagles, or do you hope the QB and WR you draft transcend all of the gaps.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Take Williams & Maye 1/2.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:19 am 
100000 CLUB

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
You're probably right, but it just feels like there are so many holes to fill that even if they had Mahomes as the QB, they probably don't make the playoffs. Its a question of, do you acquire a bunch of young talent with additional capital available over time like the Eagles, or do you hope the QB and WR you draft transcend all of the gaps.

None of it matters without the quarterback. Getting the quarterback right heals virtually every problem.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Bears will do what the Bears do: package the #1 and #2 together to trade up to 3 and select a full back.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:

None of it matters without the quarterback. Getting the quarterback right heals virtually every problem.

Fields has better pass catchers than KC. The QB can elevate a bad team.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:33 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Fields has better pass catchers than KC. The QB can elevate a bad team.

Agreed. Having a Kelce doesn't hurt though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:11 pm 

I would use the first two picks on Caleb Williams. Send a message that we support him even if tranny happens

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:38 pm 

The Texans 2 Top 5 picks are looking solid this year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:15 am 

This is why you need to see if Bagent is at least a capable NFL starter. You can win with a Brock Purdy type especially if Harrison Jr is there to throw to.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I'd be intrigued to see what a fringe playoff team would give me for the #2 pick. I'd be asking for the following for the #2 pick if I felt I had job security (e.g. a new hire to replace Ryan Poles):
- 2024: 1st, 2nd, 5th
- 2025: 1st, 3rd, 5th
- 2026: 2nd, 3rd, 5th
- 2027: 1st

Have a plan for using these extra picks:
- 1sts: Best offensive RB/WR available
- 2nds and 3rds: Best lineman available

Turning the Carolina pick into seven cost controlled starters spread out over four years would add some of the depth that this team desperately needs, and would let them put some of their FA money into fewer but higher end pieces.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
If you have the #1 pick you take Williams, have seen a few articles that say he is the best QB prospect in a decade.

The top of the draft appears to be stacked with offensive talent, seems you could set yourself up for the next decade at QB, WR, TE, or OT if you have two top 5 picks. Poles showed he really does not have the confidence to go into the room on draft day and wait for offers, you also will have a new HC that may not share his fetish for lengthy and athletic guys, if they blow it up they likely start with new GM and HC.

It does seem that any GM, well any GM other than Ryan Pace, could come in next year and add up to 5 difference makers, 2-3 in FA (where they will have to throw tons of paper at defensive lineman) and 2-3 in the draft (two first rounders and an early second), with obvious targets being DE, QB, LT, C, and DT. 

The new coach is not going to run the soft Eberflus prevent zone, so you will obviously see a huge turnover of defensive personnel, and it is likely they will not run the outside zone offense, so massive changes to your offensive line.

When you analyze the team, and the potentially franchise altering upcoming offseason, it makes less and less sense to bring back the current GM and HC as they have shown none of the vision you will need this offseason to fill the gaping holes on this roster, but more importantly to change the mindset of this franchise, you are looking at a franchise that will finish at the bottom of the league for two consecutive seasons, a rare accomplishment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:24 am 
1000 CLUB

The only time in the modern era that a team had the #1 and #2 picks in the draft, the Colts selected Steve Emtman and Quentin Coryatt. We all remember them fondly. I get that you have the potential for two generational talents in Williams and Harrison. I get that there's risk no matter what option you choose. Maybe this is the dumbest thing I've posted yet. But would you consider trading the top 2 picks in the draft if you could get a significant haul that shores up both lines and gives you additional capital over the next year or two?

If they manage to get the top 2 picks, and assuming the draft has two elite talents, it's time to add that type of talent. Yes, they can trade down and still accomplish this, but you need top-end talent to turn things around.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos

It all will come down to whatever the Gm and next coaching staff decides about Fields, right? Hopefully Fields is retained based on hopefully a clear example of his growth as a quarterback.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Draft 2 QBs...helps the chances they pick the right one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I'd be intrigued to see what a fringe playoff team would give me for the #2 pick. I'd be asking for the following for the #2 pick if I felt I had job security (e.g. a new hire to replace Ryan Poles):

Turning the Carolina pick into seven cost controlled starters spread out over four years would add some of the depth that this team desperately needs, and would let them put some of their FA money into fewer but higher end pieces.

No GM in their right mind would make that absurd trade.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:17 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:22 pm 

What if the other team had all the leverage?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caleb Williams seems like a blend of Winston and Fields. I'm still a Drake Maye guy until further notice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Brick wrote:

:lol: :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

The 49ers made a worse trade for Trey Lance at #3.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Brick wrote:

I have to hand it to you, that was funny. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:09 am 

Wonder what this team would look like with a competent LT, you have to draft one eventually, and you have two guys coming out next season that could be franchise LT's, it would be tempting to take one of those guys with your second first round pick if they are still on the board. The team looked better without Patrick at C and Whitehair at G, but you still have that glaring weakness at LT with several guys making the Pro Bowl off their tape against Borom.

Seeing that Caleb Williams may be a bit of a head case and has a list of teams that he will play for and will supposedly say in college making a few million instead of risking going to the NFL where he could make hundreds of millions, but we are not dealing with a genius here, but a dude that already has family members lining up for paydays, kind of like the McKaskey family. Maybe George could go to the airport and pick up Caleb's paw and offer him a job on the coaching staff or an envelope of cash like that goof ass snake oil salesman Lincoln Riley likely did to get his kid to come to play for him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:10 am 
100000 CLUB

Larry Borom isn't the starter. He's a fringe NFL player. The starter should be back soon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:58 am 

Nas wrote:
Larry Borom isn't the starter. He's a fringe NFL player. The starter should be back soon.

Is the starter a top tier LT? Poles tells you that, but he would look better to me as your inexpensive swing tackle, or at RT with Wright at guard where he would be an absolute monster and perennial Pro Bowler.

Give me the Penn State LT, and the Georgia center in the draft next year, that would upgrade those two spots significantly, you have your RT, keep Jenkins or use Whitehair's cap room for a veteran guard, that would give you a significantly upgraded line for whatever QB you have in place.

You will have to overpay for defensive ends in FA, you really have no choice at this point, if you do trade back those assets which would likely include a later first and maybe extra second could be used for an edge rusher, but you need help in several roster spots, just stop blowing draft picks on underachieving and oft injured DB's, you need a veteran ass kicker safety, but would use FA paper on that, the defensive backfield actually looks better without Eddie Jackson, so look to deal or cut him because he and Whitehair are drastically overpaid at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:08 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

Is the starter a top tier LT? Poles tells you that, but he would look better to me as your inexpensive swing tackle, or at RT with Wright at guard where he would be an absolute monster and perennial Pro Bowler.

Give me the Penn State LT, and the Georgia center in the draft next year, that would upgrade those two spots significantly, you have your RT, keep Jenkins or use Whitehair's cap room for a veteran guard, that would give you a significantly upgraded line for whatever QB you have in place.

You will have to overpay for defensive ends in FA, you really have no choice at this point, if you do trade back those assets which would likely include a later first and maybe extra second could be used for an edge rusher, but you need help in several roster spots, just stop blowing draft picks on underachieving and oft injured DB's, you need a veteran ass kicker safety, but would use FA paper on that, the defensive backfield actually looks better without Eddie Jackson, so look to deal or cut him because he and Whitehair are drastically overpaid at this point.

No on has ever called Jones a top tier tackle. He was a solid rookie. Why would you make Wright a guard?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:28 am 

Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

No on has ever called Jones a top tier tackle. He was a solid rookie. Why would you make Wright a guard?

Read many places that Wright's best position may be guard, and when you watch him play you see a guy that gets movement on anyone he gets his hands on, but really struggles with outside speed, lacks that kick step you see from the top flight NFL tackles, he may eventually be coached up to get there, but on a good team he would likely have started inside until he improved his technique.

Do think he will be a good RT as his technique improves, but he would be dominant at guard with the leverage and strength he is already play with, watch Whitehair, Borom, Patrick, and Braxton Jones play against power and you see guys that do not play with leverage and lose at the point of attack, especially Jones against and inside power rush, the most mystifying guy is Whitehair who gets stood straight up and loses his gap with regularity, Patrick is a marginal at best NFL player who would not be starting or even on a roster anywhere else, so you expect him to set shoved around, but you would think Whitehair would be sound enough in his technique to at least anchor and absorb the initial punch.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:34 am 

The team that played last night will probably win 4 or 5 games and draft around 10. It’s all riding on the Panther pick now.