It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
If Fields could fetch the 8th overall pick, he wouldn't be traded in the first place. Kiper should be fired for even suggesting this stupid theory.

He WOULDN"T be traded if the Bears didn't have the #1 pick during a year in which many think there is a generational QB.

As I've already written, if the best qb talent in the draft was similar to that of the Pickett year, Fields would be the Bears starter next year. If the Bears only had #9, Fields would be the Bears starter next year.

Kiper said it a second time. Maybe he's pulling it out of his ass.

You have no idea if that's true or not. Even if they didn't launch him this offseason, they wouldn't sign him to an extension or keep him around for a fifth year.

You have no idea if that's true. I'd say it's highly likely they would invoke the 5th year option if they stuck with him for a 4th.

Why?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:16 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
If Fields could fetch the 8th overall pick, he wouldn't be traded in the first place. Kiper should be fired for even suggesting this stupid theory.

He WOULDN"T be traded if the Bears didn't have the #1 pick during a year in which many think there is a generational QB.

As I've already written, if the best qb talent in the draft was similar to that of the Pickett year, Fields would be the Bears starter next year. If the Bears only had #9, Fields would be the Bears starter next year.

You have no idea if that's true or not. Even if they didn't launch him this offseason, they wouldn't sign him to an extension or keep him around for a fifth year.

You have no idea if that's true. I'd say it's highly likely they would invoke the 5th year option if they stuck with him for a 4th.

Why?

because foregoing something as unique as a QB at the #1 pick would be an implied commitment to Fields. If they both passed on a QB in this draft and lost Fields at the end of 24 (or were forced to sign him a year prematurely to a big deal) the public would be, rightfully, screaming for Poles' head.

I'm assuming you aren't one of the people advocating for keeping Fields and drafting Williams. Under that scenario it might be logical not to invoke the fifth.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: John's
If Fields was truly worth the 8th overall pick, that means he is viewed as a QB that you could win a Superbowl with and because of, meaning he's not a Dilfer, along for the ride, QB.

As good of prospect as Caleb Williams is, if you had a QB worth/valued at that, you are not moving on from him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:38 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
If Fields was truly worth the 8th overall pick, that means he is viewed as a QB that you could win a Superbowl with and because of, meaning he's not a Dilfer, along for the ride, QB.
Time to root hard for the Baltimore Ravens this year then.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
this sounds good :roll:

Per Kahler, Williams has not yet hired an NFL Players Association agent, but that scouts don't expect him to do so, saying instead he will be hiring a unique management team.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:50 pm 

ShortTimeLurker wrote:
this sounds good :roll:

Per Kahler, Williams has not yet hired an NFL Players Association agent, but that scouts don't expect him to do so, saying instead he will be hiring a unique management team.

I wouldn't put too much into that. Big stars like him already have agents for NIL stuff. He's probably just going to let them handle all the things needed to get him to the contract that isn't really negotiated anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
isn't Lamar his own agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Kingsbury to interview with Bears. Williams loves Kingsbury

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:41 pm 

It's a little early for Williams to be making hires as an owner isn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Brick wrote:

i'd seriously call him up, tell him we're taking him #1 and ask him what OC he wants. Hire them. done. search over.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:43 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Brick wrote:

i'd seriously call him up, tell him we're taking him #1 and ask him what OC he wants. Hire them. done. search over.
What if he says Caller Bob?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:

He just has to check with the bears owner first

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Why?

because foregoing something as unique as a QB at the #1 pick would be an implied commitment to Fields. If they both passed on a QB in this draft and lost Fields at the end of 24 (or were forced to sign him a year prematurely to a big deal) the public would be, rightfully, screaming for Poles' head.

I'm assuming you aren't one of the people advocating for keeping Fields and drafting Williams. Under that scenario it might be logical not to invoke the fifth.

Hogwash. Fields isn't very good, and the Bears don't need to find a generational QB--or evin the #1 QB in a draft devoid of a generational QB prospect--to be able to upgrade at that position.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Caller Bob wrote:
Mooney contributed plenty himself to his shit season

JT Sullivan couldn't stand the kid. Constantly ran the wrong routes, banging into his fellow WR's. Terrible WR, only the Bears would like this guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Jim Harbaugh lands with the Chargers. Trades Herbert to get rid of his huge contract to the Bears for picks, drafts his Michigan QB somewhere, Bears get Herbert, get rid of Fields, draft Harrison Jr. and fix their OL in what is a great O-Line draft. Sure, the contract hamstrings you but the Bears have never had a QB like Herbert before and Herbert has never had his WR's stay healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Bears fans will never allow Justin Herbert to replace Fields. Even if you brought back 2006-era Peyton Manning and signed him to the roster, fans would reject him because Fields is a more dynamic athlete and wears a more stylish helmet

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
City of Fools wrote:
Jim Harbaugh lands with the Chargers. Trades Herbert to get rid of his huge contract to the Bears for picks, drafts his Michigan QB somewhere, Bears get Herbert, get rid of Fields, draft Harrison Jr. and fix their OL in what is a great O-Line draft. Sure, the contract hamstrings you but the Bears have never had a QB like Herbert before and Herbert has never had his WR's stay healthy.

Justin Herbert + MVH jr + DJ Moore.
Yes, Please.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Brick wrote:

What if he says Caller Bob?

Even better!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
City of Fools wrote:

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
3 games into his NFL career some o-lineman's going to take offense to CW's 'tude, pretend to trip over his own shoe-laces and let an edge rusher take a free shot that lands Williams on IR for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:22 pm 

Yea one thing about the late hits with fields, nobody is really laying into him. He's clearly respected and liked around the league.

Williams seems like he's actively building a target on his back. I don't see anyone being nice to him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:39 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

He just has to check with the bears owner first

Not that I'm looking but those pants don't leave much to the imagination. The doctor did a good job on the circumcision.

No homo...well, maybe a bit homo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11