It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: In town stupid
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
One of the more arrogant concepts you hear on local sports talk radio is the idea that media outside of the self-appointed geniuses at WSCR is "out of town stupid", because they do not know as much as Dan Bernstein does about football, the NFL, and the Bears.

Seems to me that the local goofs totally gave Poles a pass on not addressing the interior of the offensive line, remember hearing that moving Whitehair to center would solidify the line. You heard the out of town stupid people mocking Poles for not addressing the center position, how could the in town brainiacs not know that when you trot out an incompetent dude at center your team will suffer. A quality center can make the line call, you see the Bears struggle to pick up line stunts and miss blocks with regularity.

It was silly to watch them trot Whitehair out there, the guy has some type of mental block that prevents him from being able to snap the ball, it threw off the timing of your offense, your QB1, who already struggles mightily to read defenses, had to stop for a second to make sure he caught errant snaps, it caused you to lose a game and got your QB1 killed. They finally yanked him after your backup could not execute the offense because the bad snaps threw off the timing of plays.

This was an act of GM negligence by Poles, and why would Fields want to stick around here if the team was OK with starting offensive lineman that would not only not start on any other NFL team, but would have a hard time making the roster anywhere else? This was all given a pass by many of our local sports talk radio hosts and is the reason why there is no reason to listen to the football experts on WSCR, unless you want the "in town stupid" take.

Post subject: Re: In town stupid
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:41 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Whitehair has got the yips.

At this point, tank. Let Bagels throw frisbees for 3 or 4 games.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:44 am 

Whitehair has got the yips.

At this point, tank. Let Bagels throw frisbees for 3 or 4 games. Make sure Justin is 100%, showcase him the best you can, and see if you can get a 2nd rounder for him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Bagent could play well enough where Eberflus has to state who the quarterback is. I saw a lot of things to be optimistic about from the kid.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:03 am 

Nas wrote:
Bagent could play well enough where Eberflus has to state who the quarterback is. I saw a lot of things to be optimistic about from the kid.

He quarterbacky, but that line will not give him a chance to step into passes, which we saw it's something that he has to do. I s'pose he could Mac Jones his way down the field in 8 minute drives.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:08 am 

I think that's a good take. Fields can run away from the BAD O LINE (fu seacrest) but then he still can't find a guy. Bagnet cant run away from the BAD OLINE (fu seacrest) but he can't throw off his back foot.

In any case, we need a GOOD OLINE (fu seacrest) and I was in my 20s the last time we had one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:08 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

He quarterbacky, but that line will not give him a chance to step into passes, which we saw it's something that he has to do. I s'pose he could Mac Jones his way down the field in 8 minute drives.

That hair trigger release will help. So will that assassin like calmness.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:17 am 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Good hot take. Mine is, "the kid might get killed".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:21 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

They'll have a blocking running back this week.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:25 am 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

They'll have a blocking running back this week.

Yeah, that was pretty funny watching the backs being doormen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:32 am 

I don't know why the line coach isn't out there with him after practice working on it with him until he gets it correct. It's a coachable flaw. He has been doing it through at least two coaching administrations and several quarterbacks.

Does that Feeney guy they picked up from the dolphins suck so badly that he doesn't get a shot?

There were at least a handful of centers I really liked in this draft. I think all but one was there when Poles drafted in the second round and beyond. I see several of them starting.

There were competent centers in free agency who took affordable deals.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:17 am 

The fact that they refused to draft a C in this past draft when there were multiple good options is fucking stupid. C has been an issue for awhile and it is like they are oblivious to it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:28 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:

I agree. If he can limit his egregious mistakes, it appears he will be better than Fields rather quickly. Of course, this is a low bar to clear.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:31 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RFDC wrote:
The fact that they refused to draft a C in this past draft when there were multiple good options is fucking stupid. C has been an issue for awhile and it is like they are oblivious to it.

At his introductory press conference, Poles adamantly claimed he was going to rebuild the team by prioritizing the offensive and defensive lines. Yet he has done exactly the opposite. His approach to developing the roster has been puzzling to say the least.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:32 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

I agree. If he can limit his egregious mistakes, it appears he will be better than Fields rather quickly. Of course, this is a low bar to clear.

What happened on that last play? I saw people saying it was arm strength. I don't think he would be in the NFL if he couldn't throw it 45 yards. It looked like it slipped out of his hands, to me. It had a unusual arc from it's release.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:35 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

What happened on that last play? I saw people saying it was arm strength. I don't think he would be in the NFL if he couldn't throw it 45 yards. It looked like it slipped out of his hands, to me. It had a unusual arc from it's release.

I think the rush up the middle had him a little panicked and it slipped out out of his hand strange. No way he just threw the ball that short. I liked that he did not make any excuses for it in the press conference.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:36 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

At his introductory press conference, Poles adamantly claimed he was going to rebuild the team by prioritizing the offensive and defensive lines. Yet he has done exactly the opposite. His approach to developing the roster has been puzzling to say the least.

Yeah it is really strange. He made the signing of the Bengals DT and tried to get the Bills OG that went bad and it was like that threw everything off for him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:44 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Flus told him the most important position for his d was 3t. The best player in the draft, who, coincidentally plays 3t, miraculously slipped to him in the draft. He chose someone different (at least it was an ol).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
RFDC wrote:

Remember how fans were mocked during the Martz OC/Cutler QB era with the "Magic Shotgun" bit from the media? Now it's important because it will help Fields...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
The fact that they refused to draft [any number of positions] in this past draft when there were multiple good options is fucking stupid.
Agree, but also fixed.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

He appeared to stare down his target a couple of times. Other than that, the kid was calm, moved around well, and got rid of the ball quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:22 am 

Pretty wild that there's a college for shepherds.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:23 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Pretty wild that there's a college for shepherds.

We haven't had a good shepherd in 2000 years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:46 am 

Clawmaster wrote:

It was silly to watch them trot Whitehair out there, the guy has some type of mental block that prevents him from being able to snap the ball, it threw off the timing of your offense, your QB1, who already struggles mightily to read defenses, had to stop for a second to make sure he caught errant snaps, it caused you to lose a game and got your QB1 killed. They finally yanked him after your backup could not execute the offense because the bad snaps threw off the timing of plays.

Any competent staff should have known Whitehair can not snap the ball. They've seen him in practice every day for over a year. No excuse to play him at C or have not drafted a C in the draft. Hell, I knew this last game when I saw Whitehair at C. WTF are they thinking. This to me is a bigger red mark on Poles then the Claypool trade. How do put your young QB under center with these bums. The first thing Poles should have done was sign a veteran to calm down the young offensive players and take control of the offense. Big FAIL for Poles and for his staff.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: John's
They gave up a draft pick for Dan Feeney. Apparently he sucks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:53 am 

RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

I think the rush up the middle had him a little panicked and it slipped out out of his hand strange. No way he just threw the ball that short. I liked that he did not make any excuses for it in the press conference.

It looked to me like he knew this was his moment to own it and never let it go, but like Slim Shady he puked. Unlike Fields Bagent is under pressure to perform right away because he may never get another chance to be a starter. Fields can play cautiously and knows he has at least one more chance on a different team when/if this fails.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
This is a golden opportunity for Bagent, if the kid is just competent, he will at the very least gigs as a backup QB for years. He has a ton to overcome, a terrible offensive line, a lame duck coaching staff, and a team full of guys that will quit at the first sign of adversity.

You would think that any coach with a room temperature IQ would keep a TE in all day long to help Borom, Maxx Crosby has to be counting the days until he gets to line up and pad his stats against the human turnstile Larry Borom. Getsy should be fired immediately if he leaves Borom out there one on one against Crosby.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

Eberflus is coaching for his next coordinator job. So far so good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. Eberflus will be a defensive coordinator for the next 20 years. He'll bounce around the NFL doing that. He's just not a head coach. And he'll never get a 2nd shot at it. I think Poles knows it. I don't care if he's not fired in season. But fucking Poles better launch him after the season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:43 am 

Beardown wrote:
Yeah. Eberflus will be a defensive coordinator for the next 20 years. He'll bounce around the NFL doing that. He's just not a head coach. And he'll never get a 2nd shot at it. I think Poles knows it. I don't care if he's not fired in season. But fucking Poles better launch him after the season.

Poles should be gone too. We hear Eberflus in press conferences. Did he stutter and lie his way through the interview process? Did Poles whiff on Stroud? If not, did he whiff on Carter? Did he whiff on drafting a center?