It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Tyson Bagent
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

No, I would prefer Bagent. Has Dalton helped Fields or Young develop? That extra money could be spent elsewhere.

Still early to say on Young, i think. Fields seems like a tough guy to mentor.

There's nothing that Dalton is providing Young. There's nothing Dalton or Foles provided Fields that you couldn't get from coaching. Bagent is still hungry. At worst, his work ethic will push a rookie.

If Bagent has a solid base, his arm is fine. And like you said, you can teach velocity these days, but that back foot throw he has is a real problem. Like a 'get the fuck out of this league' problem.

I think MANY are being unreasonably hard on him because he's an undrafted D2 kid. He's played better than Fields has in most games and his floor is higher.

I think you’re being unreasonably easy on him because he’s an undrafted D2 kid. He’s not good and won’t become good.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:15 am 

pizza_Place: Bennys
I don’t quite understand how some can so quickly dismiss Bagent but still need more time to evaluate Fields. Fields has been at it for 3 years and seems to have made very little progress. So many negatives with the positives of athleticism and a “high ceiling” keeping them all in. I don’t know what Bagents future will be but there seems to be some very obvious positives for the kid. Do I think he will be good or great, probably not but I have seen enough of Fields to know he’s not it. This year is over and done. There is nothing left to evaluate with the QBs we have. One will be gone the other will be here next year. What best at this point? Keep building Fields up to get something for him or roll with the kid that will be here next year. I guess I would rather take a shot with the unknown in a lost season.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:49 am 

It's really no different than her saying she can't handle it but I give her 3 years and she still cant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The Man wrote:
I don’t quite understand how some can so quickly dismiss Bagent but still need more time to evaluate Fields. Fields has been at it for 3 years and seems to have made very little progress. So many negatives with the positives of athleticism and a “high ceiling” keeping them all in. I don’t know what Bagents future will be but there seems to be some very obvious positives for the kid. Do I think he will be good or great, probably not but I have seen enough of Fields to know he’s not it. This year is over and done. There is nothing left to evaluate with the QBs we have. One will be gone the other will be here next year. What best at this point? Keep building Fields up to get something for him or roll with the kid that will be here next year. I guess I would rather take a shot with the unknown in a lost season.

It has to do with the talent level, with Bagent he has obvious limits.. with a guy like Fields (or Cutler) the talent seems limitless and off the charts.. that’s why people quit on one and keep thinking it’s only a matter of time for the other.

I’ve been saying for a while now Bagents biggest weakness is his arm, and that’s bad when you’re a QB. He struggles to hit guys on the outside and his deep balls are not only lacking but usually have an ‘up for grabs’ feel to them -and that stuff isn’t going to change. The arm doesn’t suddenly get stronger. He’s a back up, that’s his future.

Me personally I’m done with Fields and ready to move on in the upcoming draft so this is all kind of irrelevant because I’m sure this is how the brass views it too. Neither Fields or Bagent are the future at QB for this team.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
There were overly-comped 24/7/365 NFL analysts who were saying the same things about Joe Burrow--even to go so far as to say, in a similar Justin Fields vs Tyson Bagent type comparison, that Burrow's short (30⅞" 19th percentile) arms and resulting limited arm talent made Burrow a less valuable prospect than Trey freaking Lance. Burrow's 30 7/8 inch 19th percentile arms still best Tyson Bagent's mockably short 30⅛ 5th percentile (among combine QB participants) arm size.

Burrow makes up for his short arms in other ways--although we've seen this year that even a mild lower body injury (lingering calf strain) and resulting extra-reliance on pure arm talent knocks Burrow down from being an elite QB to league average (9.0 Y/A to 6.0 Y/A this year so far). Bagent to date (in an admittedly small sample size, unless you wanna go back and watch his Shepherd tape) hasn't shown enough in other areas to overcome his t-rex arms.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
After all these years they still have no idea how college QB's will do in the NFL, it is impossible to predict how a kid will react to NFL defenses mentally, thought Bagent was incredibly honest when he said he was having a hard time adjust to NFL level play.

It must be frustrating for him to see where the ball needs to go, but realize he does not have the arm to get the ball there against NFL DB's, now if they could just get Fields to actually see where the ball needs to go they would have something.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
West VIrginia and Maryland both took a considered look at Bagent after Bagent's junior year and took a pass on bringing him in via transfer portal. Maryland having Tua's brother was a no-brainer to say no to Bagent. But WVU needed a QB and still preferred the Dr Who of college QB's JT Daniels. Daniels last a season with the Mountaineers before moving on to his 4th college team.

If the Senior Bowl is anything like the NFL Pro Bowl, Getsy might've gotten sold a bill of goods buying into Bagent based on his Senior Bowl performance--those all-pro/all-star/ all-whatever games tend to be offensive showcases with minimal defensive effort. Even if the defenders at the Senior Bowl were giving it their best shot, the Senior Bowl is mostly fringe NFL prospects and not the early round Georgia/Bama guys Bagent's playing against in NFL games now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:43 am 

10 rookies have started this year. I'd put Bagent right behind the first round guys.

Tommy Devito looks like an undrafted rookie. Bagent looks more like a guy drafted in the mid rounds. That's a win

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
good dolphin wrote:
10 rookies have started this year. I'd put Bagent right behind the first round guys.

Tommy Devito looks like an undrafted rookie. Bagent looks more like a guy drafted in the mid rounds. That's a win

Exactly. Bagent isn't the long-term answer, but even with his weak arm, there are worse QB's playing on Sundays right now.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13