It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Bears at Lions
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
On the last series the Lions were stuffing 8 in the box and they run the same stupid ass play twice in a row, off tackle. That's coaching.

Again though Bob if they decide to throw passes on those plays instead of running and those passes are incomplete and run zero time off the clock people are going to bury Getsy for those play calls . For what it’s worth I would have thrown the ball myself and then face the music at the press conference and just say “ hey we’re 3-7 we have nothing to lose at this point that’s why I threw the ball instead of running it and I stand by it “

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Bagels wrote:
denisdman wrote:
When in NFL history has a great QB not been great because of a coach? We debated Brady and Bellichek at length, and I think time has shown that was Brady was great and Bill not as much without Brady.

So for the crowd that believes coaching is the primary reason holding Fields back, that crowd will have to admit that at best Fields can be a game manager. They are saying he is a systems QB because he cannot overcome poor play calling to win games. I doubt it matters what play is called for Mahomes or Peyton Manning.

If Fields goes elsewhere and wins, it will because he has hall of fame talent around him or some amazing defense. His team will not win primarily because of him. That ship has sailed.

honestly just to somewhat settle the debate , i hope they move on. Let's see how he does in another system.
I don't see why it can't be both- that both the coaches suck, and he sucks too.

That is the case for sure.

pizza_Place: John's
denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
On the last series the Lions were stuffing 8 in the box and they run the same stupid ass play twice in a row, off tackle. That's coaching.

And if they throw the ball incomplete or interception, the folks around here would be screaming for the team to run the ball.

So you are in favor of running this coaching staff back another year?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

And if they throw the ball incomplete or interception, the folks around here would be screaming for the team to run the ball.

So you are in favor of running this coaching staff back another year?

I called for everyone to be fired like five weeks ago.

What Bagels said is true ad I noted above.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:46 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Gotta fire Eberflus after the Vikings loss and into the bye week if only to say "being this bad is not acceptable." I don't care if they have to do a Jeff Saturday thing. You have to say enough is enough before the end of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Morning show also mentioned that the last five games that Fields ran for 100+ yards, the Bears lost every one of them. It’s simply not a good strategy. And he’s probably fortunate he came out of that game yesterday unscathed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Morning show also mentioned that the last five games that Fields ran for 100+ yards, the Bears lost every one of them. It’s simply not a good strategy. And he’s probably fortunate he came out of that game yesterday unscathed.

i think it is a good strategy
they don't do it enough
screw him getting injured
i'd run his ass 20x a game

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
And for those that blame the coaches for not calling a game plan to maximize Fields’ unique skill set, it sure seemed like they did yesterday. Lots of RPOs and designed QB runs. This was a much different game plan than the “quick pass” offense under Bagent.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:28 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Again though Bob if they decide to throw passes on those plays instead of running and those passes are incomplete and run zero time off the clock people are going to bury Getsy for those play calls . For what it’s worth I would have thrown the ball myself and then face the music at the press conference and just say “ hey we’re 3-7 we have nothing to lose at this point that’s why I threw the ball instead of running it and I stand by it “

same answer for going for it on 4 and 1 rather than kick the field goal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Yesterday's game was by far the best I've seen Fields do with sliding instead of seeking out contact. If he's going to continue to run that way, I don't think it's a bad strategy or particularly risky --although Detroit was attempting and getting away with a lot of late hits. We should also keep in mind that Khalil Herbert looked awful yesterday in his return from IR and Foreman appeared to be hurt coming into the game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Lions were selling out to stop the run and specifically a Fields scramble. 100% an intermediate route to Moore or Kmet ices the game, yes you are worrying about an incompletion but the defense like the head coach is pissing down their leg at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:57 pm 

i still dont see how fields gets much better than what he is now. it takes him an hour to wind up and pitch for a pass that other qb's can make on their back foot. and it's not even a spiral. if it was outside and windy that wouldn't have been caught.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8