It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears at Lions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Olin is going into more detail on why at least some of it is on Fields. On the second down play of the next-to-last drive (to put the game away), he handed off on a RPO when he had an opening to run himself. On the safety, Olin said Fields dropped back too deeply, where Davis was not expecting him.

Just another typical Fields loss…100 yards rushing, 160 yards passing. And that’s with owning the ball for more than 2/3 of the game.

Did Olin happen to mention that Wright got obliterated on the safety in part because there was no help for him against Hutchinson, who has a history of making game-changing plays against the Bears? Failing to prioritize blocking Hutchinson at that stage of the game is criminally bad coaching.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
denisdman wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Fields was definitely not perfect, and he is not at the level of Stroud. But he was good enough today to win the game. The loss was not on him. It was on the coaching staff.

He is not a winner. Maybe it's the franchise more than him, but his record is what it is. The Bears got four turnovers, and he threw for 169 yards. It's not like he is lighting it up.

Granted he is a work class runner. That is about it.

He’s objectively not a good QB. He’s exciting at times but a good outcome for him is 26 points and a loss.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills listening to his fans. What the fuck are they watching?

I love this tweet (Bernstein retweeted it) because it suggests that not only is Chicago undeserving of Fields's excellence, but he will go to San Francisco over the offseason, replace the white Brock Purdy in training camp, and thus make the 49ers go nearly undefeated, never mind that Purdy won as many games in seven weeks as Fields has won in his career.
I do love that these fucking morons actually think that a) Fields is even in the same league as Purdy and b) that Shanahan who already passed on drafting Fields once wants anything to do with him and c) Shanahan already drafted and was smart enough to realize that his " athletic " qb was fucking turrible and was smart enough to move on from him. Lets look at how the guy that noted qb guru Sam Fels thinks Shanahan will kick to the curb just to get his hands on the great Justin Fields did today

Brock Purdy
    C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACK RTG
    21/25 333 13.3 3 0 4-28 158.3

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:06 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I do think some team is going to take a chance on Fields for 2024 and improve as a result, but it won't be the 49ers. Titans, Buccaneers, Panthers, I dunno, one of those old ESPN Sunday Night Football teams. But not the 49ers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Purdy was the highest rated QB in the league BEFORE today’s 158.3.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Curious Hair wrote:
I do think some team is going to take a chance on Fields for 2024 and improve as a result, but it won't be the 49ers. Titans, Buccaneers, Panthers, I dunno, one of those old ESPN Sunday Night Football teams. But not the 49ers.

Patriots or Falcons.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:55 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Fields was definitely not perfect, and he is not at the level of Stroud. But he was good enough today to win the game. The loss was not on him. It was on the coaching staff.

He is not a winner. Maybe it's the franchise more than him, but his record is what it is. The Bears got four turnovers, and he threw for 169 yards. It's not like he is lighting it up.

He’s objectively not a good QB. He’s exciting at times but a good outcome for him is 26 points and a loss.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills listening to his fans. What the fuck are they watching?

I love this tweet (Bernstein retweeted it) because it suggests that not only is Chicago undeserving of Fields's excellence, but he will go to San Francisco over the offseason, replace the white Brock Purdy in training camp, and thus make the 49ers go nearly undefeated, never mind that Purdy won as many games in seven weeks as Fields has won in his career.

Don’t sleep on the little bit of religious bigotry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
good dolphin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Don’t sleep on the little bit of religious bigotry

Bernstein said explicitly he’d discriminate against openly Christian people because “he knows what that means.”

Never forget.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Yup, Dan is why there are so many people who are pro-Palestine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
KDdidit wrote:
Yup, Dan is why there are so many people who are pro-Palestine

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
over the last decade of NFL games, teams that

(i) led by double-digits+ at any point in the game (let alone being up by 10+ with under 5 minutes to go)

&&

(ii) finished the game +3 in turnovers:

363-8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:36 am 

First time since 1932 a team lost with 40+ min time of possession and 3+ turnover advantage.

When they took the 26-14 lead, they had a 98% chance of winning.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: What??
badrogue17 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Didn't Wayne Fontes bring the Lions to the conference championship one year?

1991, with Erik Kramer at QB.

Kramer has had more unsuccessful suicide attempts than Fields has come back fourth-quarter wins

Did you just use suicide as an epithet for cheap laughs?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:09 am 

Nardi wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Didn't Wayne Fontes bring the Lions to the conference championship one year?

1991, with Erik Kramer at QB.

Kramer has had more unsuccessful suicide attempts than Fields has come back fourth-quarter wins

Did you just use suicide as an epithet for cheap laughs?

No. I used a suicide attempt for cheap laughs. I figured it was safe to do because Kramer doesn’t post here

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:31 am 

Has anyone seen what was the situation with pulling Braxton Jones from the game.

I read it as Jones was defending Fields from one of the many late hits yesterday. I hope I am incorrect. If that is the reason, I want Flus gone today. Someone should have taken a personal foul on Anzalone yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:37 am 

Interestingly, the safety (started with Field’s fumble) does not count as a turnover in the stats.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Interestingly, the safety (started with Field’s fumble) does not count as a turnover in the stats.

True man but it's yet another game ending strip sack. There's been a bunch of those for Fields.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Brad Biggs said the same thing. Are you Brad Biggs?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:58 am 

Bagels wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Brad Biggs said the same thing. Are you Brad Biggs?

:lol: Mornin’ Bagels, what’s goin’ on?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Jaw Breaker wrote:

That is interesting. Great for the Fields apologists to solidify their stance that he had a great near perfect game. I know his awful pocket presence and decision making skills don’t show on a stat sheet but having a fumble for a safety during the most critical drive not fall in him in the stat lines is perfect. Forget the fact he had RB leaking out to the left with a lead blocker wide open for big yards. His first read was down field and he couldn’t read past that no matter what. As long as it isn’t his fault on paper it has to be the coaching. He cannot play QB at this level. The only reason to still play him at this point is to make sure we lose every game to better our draft position.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:04 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Has anyone seen what was the situation with pulling Braxton Jones from the game.

I read it as Jones was defending Fields from one of the many late hits yesterday. I hope I am incorrect. If that is the reason, I want Flus gone today. Someone should have taken a personal foul on Anzalone yesterday.

Dustin said Jones got poked in the eye, couldn't see, and had to leave the game for a few plays.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:04 am 

Jaw breaker would be a good name for Biggs. I can see it!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:44 am 

RFDC wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:56 am 

Bagels wrote:
RFDC wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:03 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Dustin said Jones got poked in the eye, couldn't see, and had to leave the game for a few plays.

OK. That makes sense. I thought I heard him say something about not being able to see as he walked off the field.

It does bring up a troubling issue though, that no one protected Fields as the Lions took post whistle liberties with him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
When in NFL history has a great QB not been great because of a coach? We debated Brady and Bellichek at length, and I think time has shown that was Brady was great and Bill not as much without Brady.

So for the crowd that believes coaching is the primary reason holding Fields back, that crowd will have to admit that at best Fields can be a game manager. They are saying he is a systems QB because he cannot overcome poor play calling to win games. I doubt it matters what play is called for Mahomes or Peyton Manning.

If Fields goes elsewhere and wins, it will because he has hall of fame talent around him or some amazing defense. His team will not win primarily because of him. That ship has sailed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:20 am 

denisdman wrote:
When in NFL history has a great QB not been great because of a coach? We debated Brady and Bellichek at length, and I think time has shown that was Brady was great and Bill not as much without Brady.

So for the crowd that believes coaching is the primary reason holding Fields back, that crowd will have to admit that at best Fields can be a game manager. They are saying he is a systems QB because he cannot overcome poor play calling to win games. I doubt it matters what play is called for Mahomes or Peyton Manning.

If Fields goes elsewhere and wins, it will because he has hall of fame talent around him or some amazing defense. His team will not win primarily because of him. That ship has sailed.

If player A needs this this and this to be great then guess what , he aint great. we went through this every year of the Cutler era here .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:25 am 

I was guilty of this thinking with Mitch. "If only they rolled him out more or they got him better talent, etc, etc..."

I am done. We need great. They had the ball for 40 minutes and did not throw for even 200 yards. And Fields is at his worst in the 4th quarter. All the great QB's are at their best with the game on the line.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: John's
On the last series the Lions were stuffing 8 in the box and they run the same stupid ass play twice in a row, off tackle. That's coaching.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:33 am 

denisdman wrote:

honestly just to somewhat settle the debate , i hope they move on. Let's see how he does in another system.
I don't see why it can't be both- that both the coaches suck, and he sucks too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:35 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
On the last series the Lions were stuffing 8 in the box and they run the same stupid ass play twice in a row, off tackle. That's coaching.

And if they throw the ball incomplete or interception, the folks around here would be screaming for the team to run the ball.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next