It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Maye to Harrison Jr.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Clawmaster wrote:
Harrison Jr. and Moore would interesting together, but you have to find a QB that can pull the trigger when they flash NFL open and that is not and never will be Fields.

Maye and Williams both will pull the trigger quicker and more accurately than Fields on downfield throws and give their guy a chance to make the play, Fields has to see that they are wide open and he will rarely throw anything to the seam, or deep in cuts, Bagent completed one of those and the broadcast guy marveled at how the Bears offense never even attempts those type plays.

That is on Getz's play calling. Fields has a cannon for an arm.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:28 pm 

If you are not 1000% sure that there is a quarterback in the draft that on day one makes you a title contender next year, then you stick with your existing qb. I do not see a day one super bowl caliber qb in the draft. does anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The Hawk wrote:
If you are not 1000% sure that there is a quarterback in the draft that on day one makes you a title contender next year, then you stick with your existing qb. I do not see a day one super bowl caliber qb in the draft. does anyone?

That’s not a thing. No rookie QB makes a team a title contender.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

I'm fairly confident Fields won't make the Bears a title contender. I hope Poles feels the same way.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:50 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

I'm fairly confident Fields won't make the Bears a title contender. I hope Poles feels the same way.

He won’t. Guy has been around for years. Has he done anything that makes you think he’d lead his team to a Super Bowl?

I think he’s a more athletic Alex Smith. He may find success elsewhere but he’ll always be limited.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:30 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Texans owe Lovie a thank you gift basket this holiday season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

He won’t. Guy has been around for years. Has he done anything that makes you think he’d lead his team to a Super Bowl?

I think he’s a more athletic Alex Smith. He may find success elsewhere but he’ll always be limited.

If Fields has proven one thing over the past two years it is that he is maddeningly inconsistent, you get a good throw, then you get a throw like the one to Mooney, you get a good game like Washington, then you get a stinker like the first Vikings game.

He also limits your playbook because he cannot see the middle of the field so you cannot run slants or have guys go to open slots in zone coverage, he has to see a guy is open and will not throw a guy open. Good NFL QBs recognize when the WR has inside or outside leverage and throw the ball to the spot they know the WR will get to, you either get a completion, a PI, or an illegal contact, you never see that with Fields because he cannot see these things develop and will hold the ball too long which allows the DB to recover. It was interesting to hear Bagent admit that he recognized these types of plays, but does not have the arm to complete them, a rare admission, but at least he knows who he is as a QB, Fields is still struggling to find out who he is as a QB.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:07 am 

The Hawk wrote:

With the last pick in the 7th round of the NFL draft, the Chicago Bears select Caleb Williams, QB USC!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:12 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Hawk wrote:

That doesn't make any sense. You don't need need a "day one" Super Bowl QB to have someone who is significantly better than Fields.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:01 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

That doesn't make any sense. You don't need need a "day one" Super Bowl QB to have someone who is significantly better than Fields.

The Hawk has vision problems.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:24 pm 

The Hawk wrote:

So then. with the fact that the Bear's will have a haul of high draft picks and a large amount of free agent money but no starting quarter back as you just said, you are saying that it will be at least two more years before they can contend for a championship. AND THAT IS THE BEST CASE considering that this new quarterback may not be successful.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:26 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Name the rookie draft pick that will immediately make them a title contender and why, please?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:28 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

So then. with the fact that the Bear's will have a haul of high draft picks and a large amount of free agent money but no starting quarter back as you just said, you are saying that it will be at least two more years before they can contend for a championship. AND THAT IS THE BEST CASE considering that this new quarterback may not be successful.

Correct.

And many years more than that if they extend Fields.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Name the rookie draft pick that will immediately make them a title contender and why, please?

Drafting Harrison and a quarterback likely get the Bears closer to a title. Picking up Fields' option or extending him would kill this team's chances of winning anything.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:34 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

WHo is the answer that puts the Bear's into Super Bowl contention next season? All of this bagging on Fields is one thing but 90+% of all nfl qbs have warts of some kind. WHo do you trade for or draft that will defy the fact that Super Bowl qbs are hard to find?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:48 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

WHo is the answer that puts the Bear's into Super Bowl contention next season? All of this bagging on Fields is one thing but 90+% of all nfl qbs have warts of some kind. WHo do you trade for or draft that will defy the fact that Super Bowl qbs are hard to find?

First of all, I don’t give a damn who is playing qb for the Bears next year, they aren’t winning a Super Bowl. But you need to find a qb that can throw the ball and play at the NFL level. I am fairly certain that ain’t Fields.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:01 pm 

Get you a freeagent, or even Free Ajent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:05 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

No, Who's the defensive coordinator next year. I don't know is the answer at Quarterback and What's is the coach next year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Would you have a puncher's chance with Cousins, Harrison, a center, and a free safety? Just asking a question. Like, for real, just asking a question.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:16 pm 

Does Justin Fields love Jesus? If so, Crappin Kirk could be just the guy to mentor Fields

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
What's Tim Tebow up to ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Harrison Jr. and Moore would interesting together, but you have to find a QB that can pull the trigger when they flash NFL open and that is not and never will be Fields.

Maye and Williams both will pull the trigger quicker and more accurately than Fields on downfield throws and give their guy a chance to make the play, Fields has to see that they are wide open and he will rarely throw anything to the seam, or deep in cuts, Bagent completed one of those and the broadcast guy marveled at how the Bears offense never even attempts those type plays.

Maybe that's why he fumbles so much.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:58 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Maybe that's why he fumbles so much.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Would you have a puncher's chance with Cousins, Harrison, a center, and a free safety? Just asking a question. Like, for real, just asking a question.

No, he'll malfunction when it matters most. He'll also cost $30M.

Edit: We had the first franchise quarterback in the history of the game and haven't had one since. I don't want a good quarterback like Dak Cousins. I want a superstar quarterback. I want a top 5 quarterback.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:54 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Puncher’s chance at what?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Nardi wrote:

#1 pick dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:11 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Nardi wrote:

#1 pick dynasty

Hand up…rooting for a draft pick knowing the team sucks has been more fun than rooting for a .500 team.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Bagels wrote:
Nardi wrote:

#1 pick dynasty

Hand up…rooting for a draft pick knowing the team sucks has been more fun than rooting for a .500 team.

Same. If the Bears are going to suck then might as well suck bad enough to get something positive out of it like a franchise changing player in the draft -and best way to do that is secure higher draft positions. I’m done rooting for mediocrity.

Be bad, or be great

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Nardi wrote:

#1 pick dynasty

Same. If the Bears are going to suck then might as well suck bad enough to get something positive out of it like a franchise changing player in the draft -and best way to do that is secure higher draft positions. I’m done rooting for mediocrity.

Be bad, or be great

Yep

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

No, he'll malfunction when it matters most. He'll also cost $30M.

Edit: We had the first franchise quarterback in the history of the game and haven't had one since. I don't want a good quarterback like Dak Cousins. I want a superstar quarterback. I want a top 5 quarterback.

I think most of that talk is pure desperation. Are you Bear vermin?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next