All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Maye to Harrison Jr.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Would you have a puncher's chance with Cousins, Harrison, a center, and a free safety? Just asking a question. Like, for real, just asking a question.

No, he'll malfunction when it matters most. He'll also cost $30M.

Edit: We had the first franchise quarterback in the history of the game and haven't had one since. I don't want a good quarterback like Dak Cousins. I want a superstar quarterback. I want a top 5 quarterback.

I think most of that talk is pure desperation. Are you Bear vermin?

My pastor has told me for years that "it's in my mouth." After 80 years of mediocre to historically awful quarterback play, I don't want to ask for the good that is Dak Cousins. I'm asking for greatness.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
You should be able to buy significant upgrades at DE and C in FA and add depth at TE and safety. The draft will allow you to take a shot at QB1 and get you either a franchise LT or a significant talent at WR, either way you should come out with at least one guy that stars for years and a lottery ticket at QB that could either suck or finally be the elusive franchise QB you have been chasing for the past 50 years. Get it right and you are a 8-9 win team next year with the arrow pointing up, get it wrong and you are wondering why Justin Fields did not see Marvin Harrison Jr. running ten yards behind the DB and then took yet another sack fumble.

You know what you have in Fields, you hope that some other dope will give you a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him and you can move on and take a shot at not just being an average team, but maybe being a team that can compete for playoff spots for the next five years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:14 am 
100000 CLUB

I don't think LT is a need, but everyone loves the kid from Penn State. It's unlikely he's on the board beyond pick 7. That's about as far as the Bears can fall.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Would you have a puncher's chance with Cousins, Harrison, a center, and a free safety? Just asking a question. Like, for real, just asking a question.

Edit: We had the first franchise quarterback in the history of the game and haven't had one since. I don't want a good quarterback like Dak Cousins. I want a superstar quarterback. I want a top 5 quarterback.

My pastor has told me for years that "it's in my mouth." After 80 years of mediocre to historically awful quarterback play, I don't want to ask for the good that is Dak Cousins. I'm asking for greatness.

Then how is it that Drake Maye Not Be Very Good is your guy? From what I've read and heard, most evaluators have him pegged as a low bust potential guy who has limited potential when compared to other players at his position such as Trevor Lawrence or Caleb Williams.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:35 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Then how is it that Drake Maye Not Be Very Good is your guy? From what I've read and heard, most evaluators have him pegged as a low bust potential guy who has limited potential when compared to other players at his position such as Trevor Lawrence or Caleb Williams.

I think Maye has a high ceiling and floor. Similar to Fields, I think people are just mesmerized by the unbelievable physical tools Caleb Williams has. I'm open to someone else being a better option than Maye. I'm sure we'll all dive into "scouting" in the next few months. Also, guys fall in love with the colleges these kids play for. There isn't a school that has a history of producing elite quarterbacks or even good quarterbacks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:53 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I think Maye has a high ceiling and floor. Similar to Fields, I think people are just mesmerized by the unbelievable physical tools Caleb Williams has. I'm open to someone else being a better option than Maye. I'm sure we'll all dive into "scouting" in the next few months. Also, guys fall in love with the colleges these kids play for. There isn't a school that has a history of producing elite quarterbacks or even good quarterbacks.

I look forward to overanalyzing this quarterback draft class with you for the next 5 months!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:56 am 

It's hard to evaluate quarterbacks. That's why the best option will be to draft quarterbacks with both of our top 10 picks. Double your chances of having one as good as the amazing Jordan Love.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Brick wrote:
It's hard to evaluate quarterbacks. That's why the best option will be to draft quarterbacks with both of our top 10 picks. Double your chances of having one as good as the amazing Jordan Love.

i wonder what the record is for most # of picks used on a position in a single draft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

What makes anyone think that any quarterback in college today is better than Fields? Fact is that college quarterbacks are a crap shoot to predictors of success in the NFL. Fields is a very young quarterback who has a lot of upside and NFL GAME EXPERIENCE. He also has had shitty coaching and a shitty team around in in his time in the NFL.SO just when the Bear's are in position to put a good offensive line and receivers with him and a defense which can provide good field position for the offense, some of you want to pull the plug on the most important part of your team, THE QUARTERBACK, and put in a big time unknown from the college ranks. That is not sound thinking.

Imagine, if the Bear's quit on Fields and trade him for a number two or three draft pick and he is signed by a team that knows how to utilize his great talent while the Bear's new qb "savior" proves to be a failure? IMAGINE THE REACTION OF THE MYRIAD OF FIELDS FANS LIKE ME IF THAT HAPPENS?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Bagels wrote:
Brick wrote:

i wonder what the record is for most # of picks used on a position in a single draft

Packers probably hold a record on shitty defensive backs drafted

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:48 pm 

Packers hold a record on shitty buttfuckers in one place at the same time

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
This thread reminds me that by the end of this season we as fans may enter the strangest alternate fan based universe of all time when Packers fans may be cheering for the Bears to beat their team and Bears fans may be cheering for the Packers to beat their team all because of coveted draft position.

What time to be alive

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
This thread reminds me that by the end of this season we as fans may enter the strangest alternate fan based universe of all time when Packers fans may be cheering for the Bears to beat their team and Bears fans may be cheering for the Packers to beat their team all because of coveted draft position.

What time to be alive

Yeah, I'm definitely going to be cheering for the Packers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:31 pm 

Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

What time to be alive

Go Pack!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

What time to be alive

Go Pack!!!

Go, [Redacted] Love!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Some really bad coaching and QB play on display during the conference championships yesterday, seems all college QB's have adopted the Justin Fields mindset that it is better to run around and take a sack than simply throw the ball away when nothing is open.

Have seen a few mocks that have the Michigan QB going top 10, he struggled to recognize zone coverage and took stupid sacks because he refused to take open check downs, kinda like Justin Fields on training wheels. Iowa's DC completely outcoached Michigan's OC, too bad Iowa is beyond inept offensively.

Nix looked like a deer in the headlights, he may be the prototype for the grindy mcwhitepants QB that Nas loves, but almost any QB can put up numbers against PAC 12 (RIP) defenses.

There is a definite gap in talent between the top two QB's and the next tier.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: John's
People are out of their minds if they think JJ McCarthy is an NFL quarterback. Go back for that senior year and get your degree.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Caller Bob wrote:
People are out of their minds if they think JJ McCarthy is an NFL quarterback. Go back for that senior year and get your degree.

Bob gets one like this right every once and a while.