It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Draft Picks Watch
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
If they win 2 more and finish 7-10, they pretty much have to bring everyone back. Draft Harrison at #1, draft best lineman at their own pick in the 10-12 range.

If they lose our and finish 5-12, everyone is likely gone unless the defense is really good and they just can't score - in that case it's possible that Eberflus stays and only Getsy/Fields go. They probably draft 1 and 6 in that scenario, and they may be able to package Fields and the 6 to the Commanders for the 4 and a high 2nd rounder or to the Falcons for their pick around #11. Draft Harrison at #1, best QB left at either 4 or 6.

The problem to me is if they win once more, look like shit, but finish 6-11 and end up with 1 and 9 again. Then I think they have to launch everyone, and the question becomes is Williams and the second or third best WR better than Harrison and a guy like Pennix. I think there's enough indecision about this QB class that I would still take Harrison.

No.

Right now I'd say that they will finish at 8-9 with 9-8 certainly a possibility. They, right now are as good or better thanany team in their division

For a little post nut clarity after the Detroit spluge, it's the only team over .500 they've beat.

I think that the Lions are the only over .500 team in their division and they just kicked their ass, right?

Now 1-3 against winning teams. Can you imagine trumping up a 5-9 team with this schedule?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:37 am 

Nardi wrote:
Now 1-3 against winning teams. Can you imagine trumping up a 5-9 team with this schedule?

Out of the 5-9 and worse teams (9 teams), they have had by far the easiest schedule. Some people still act like they are on the verge of "greatness". The majority of the NFL is a blob of parity. Some teams figure out how to navigate through it, and some are constantly "we're almost there!". The Bears management/coaches/players are deeply entrenched in 'almost there'.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
casual fan wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Out of the 5-9 and worse teams (9 teams), they have had by far the easiest schedule. Some people still act like they are on the verge of "greatness". The majority of the NFL is a blob of parity. Some teams figure out how to navigate through it, and some are constantly "we're almost there!". The Bears management/coaches/players are deeply entrenched in 'almost there'.

Yeah but they’re sooooo close.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
What I find ludicrous is how easy many on this board are preaching how FIELDS IS THE REASON WHY THE BEAR'S AREA LOSING TEAM. I bring up receivers dropping the ball and crickets like that doesn't matter. inability to make key first downs by terrible play calls and it is so what? The universal hate toward Fields is I guess a convenient and lazy "reason"why this team has a losing record. Its pathetic really. I won't say that there is a racial component to it but there is no logical reason to blame pretty much one guy for this team's inability to win.

So, Poles is asked to trade Fields for a 2nd round pick and the Bear's draft an unproven rookie quarterback. Tell us. What are the odds that any brand new qb will be able to adjust his college skills to the bigger faster NFL game and be better than Fields is in his first year. WHo is the savior in the college game? Meanwhile how much crow are you guys going to eat when Fields becomes a franchise qb for some team while the Bear's flounder for another 2-3 years in all probablity.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
The Hawk wrote:
I won't say that there is a racial component to it but there is no logical reason to blame pretty much one guy for this team's inability to win.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Panthers win pissed me off more than bears loss. Bears need to do the right thing and lose to cardinals

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
There is a small chance that the Bears can get to 3rd with multiple wins by the Redskins and Cardinals.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
The Hawk wrote:
What I find ludicrous is how easy many on this board are preaching how FIELDS IS THE REASON WHY THE BEAR'S AREA LOSING TEAM. I bring up receivers dropping the ball and crickets like that doesn't matter. inability to make key first downs by terrible play calls and it is so what? The universal hate toward Fields is I guess a convenient and lazy "reason"why this team has a losing record. Its pathetic really. I won't say that there is a racial component to it but there is no logical reason to blame pretty much one guy for this team's inability to win.

So, Poles is asked to trade Fields for a 2nd round pick and the Bear's draft an unproven rookie quarterback. Tell us. What are the odds that any brand new qb will be able to adjust his college skills to the bigger faster NFL game and be better than Fields is in his first year. WHo is the savior in the college game? Meanwhile how much crow are you guys going to eat when Fields becomes a franchise qb for some team while the Bear's flounder for another 2-3 years in all probablity.

Dude, no one was a bigger fan of Fields coming out of the draft than I was, but at this point, it’s time to cut bait while the cutting is good (or as good as it’s going to get). He is not a franchise QB. Sure, he may not have the best coaching staff or the best players around him, but he has shown no signs of progression. He has started 35 games over three seasons, and played in 37 - and his record as a starter is 8 - 27 FFS. How much more time does he need?

Fields may or may not benefit from better coaching, but if he was the GUY, he would transcend mediocre coaching and a mediocre roster and show some consistency and growth. He has yet to do that, and with the Bears having another shot at getting the right guy in 2024, they need to try and get the most for him in the offseason before he has no value at all. If he goes somewhere else and succeeds, then great for him, but even the previous guy that the Bears “ruined” is currently on his third team as the backup to an awful quarterback - and HE just got benched for Mason fucking Rudolph.

Lastly, your idiotic statement regarding a racial component holds no water in the 2023 season.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Why are people responding to the Hawk account as if it’s not a gimmick..?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
NME wrote:

it's fun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:

Agreed. There's a near zero percent chance a regular doesn't own that account. It's occasionally funny, so there's that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

Agreed. There's a near zero percent chance a regular doesn't own that account. It's occasionally funny, so there's that.

Who cares

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

Who cares

No one. We're all characters until we make the mistake of meeting up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
NME wrote:

(except for mine)
Aren’t they all?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:18 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Dude, no one was a bigger fan of Fields coming out of the draft than I was, but at this point, it’s time to cut bait while the cutting is good (or as good as it’s going to get). He is not a franchise QB. Sure, he may not have the best coaching staff or the best players around him, but he has shown no signs of progression. He has started 35 games over three seasons, and played in 37 - and his record as a starter is 8 - 27 FFS. How much more time does he need?

Fields may or may not benefit from better coaching, but if he was the GUY, he would transcend mediocre coaching and a mediocre roster and show some consistency and growth. He has yet to do that, and with the Bears having another shot at getting the right guy in 2024, they need to try and get the most for him in the offseason before he has no value at all. If he goes somewhere else and succeeds, then great for him, but even the previous guy that the Bears “ruined” is currently on his third team as the backup to an awful quarterback - and HE just got benched for Mason fucking Rudolph.

Lastly, your idiotic statement regarding a racial component holds no water in the 2023 season.

I believe what I said verbatem was that...."I am not saying that there is a racial component to it". Did I not? Also, you and some others are COMPLETELY WRONG about his not showing any signs of progression. He has as proven by his record and statistics this season.

You opt instead for "having another shot at getting the RIGHT GUY in 2024"? Another total CRAP SHOOT and a useless delay for getting into the play-offs by ignoring the reality of what has happened to hurt the development of a guy with incredible talent that DJ MOORE and many other NFL people understand.

We should all be talking about what action that the Bears need to take to improve the coaching of this team and finishing the rebuild that they set out to do. But instead, too many people have decided to pick the easy way out and scapecoat Fields for the terrible performances of the coaching staff.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:22 pm 

NME wrote:

Who the fuck are you calling me a "gimmick"? I can't recall any worthwhile post by you that defines you as anyone worth listening to, loser. Fuck you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

Didn't JORR vouch for the integrity of The Hawk's identity?

If The Hawk isn't real, then wouldn't that mean JORR is The Hawk's puppetmaster?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The Hawk wrote:
NME wrote:

Who the fuck are you calling me a "gimmick"? I can't recall any worthwhile post by you that defines you as anyone worth listening to, loser. Fuck you.

lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:20 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
NME wrote:

Pretty gimmicky post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Trudged through numerous articles trashing Getsy, and he certainly earned all of the criticism that is being thrown his way, but the players still have to execute the plays, we see what just adding one playmaker on each side of the ball has done for this team and how having below average players fill key spots gets you beat.

Likely looking at the second tier WR's if you go QB at #1, so do you want a bigger guy or a speedster like Nabors? You put a guy that can do anything opposite Moore and you prevent teams from shading coverage his way. Seems Poles will go with a bigger WR as he has been chasing one ever since he got here.

There will an opportunity to trade back at both slots, but trading the second first rounder to a QB hungry team could allow you to get one of the second tier WR's and maybe recoup a second round pick where you could draft a guy that would start at center for you for the next decade. There are likely already GM's out there that have fallen in love with Nix or Jayden Daniels and would overpay to move up, just have to find your Ryan Pace.

Did see a mock trade where they trade back one spot with New England and pick up an early second rounder, that one made sense as you still could get one of the top QB's and have a shot at a quality player early in the second round.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
NME wrote:

Pretty gimmicky post.

Positively JORRian.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:06 pm 

billypootons wrote:
Panthers win pissed me off more than bears loss. Bears need to do the right thing and lose to cardinals

No way. Fields needs to put some more wins under his belt in order to confirm his credibility as their starting qb next season. Their own pick isn't that important. Their own pick will be either a cb, LT, or DT.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:24 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

If The Hawk isn't real, then wouldn't that mean JORR is The Hawk's puppetmaster?

Educate me, Midge. What does a "gimmick" mean on this board and what is involved in "owning an account? What makes you or anyone think that I am something other than an old veteran who enjoy talking about sports and politics? I don't know how long you have been on this board and really don't care, but I would posit that I have perhaps proven who I am more than any other person on this board. So, if you will, define why you choose to insult me and my make-up?

Also, Midge, are you a pretender or somekind of fake person? What defines you different from myself on a message board?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:57 pm 

casual fan wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Look at the roster at the beginning of last year and compare it to the roster now. I say that roster is a lot better than a year ago. Am I correct? The Bears should be sitting at 8-6 right now except for lousy coaching. Their defense is the best at stopping the run in the entire NFL and their secondary is very good except for Safety which will be fixed next season. They have also improved the offensive line at the tackle positions. And Fields has done well growing as a quarterback from last season.

I say, fire the coaching staff and let Poles finish his job.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:11 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Trudged through numerous articles trashing Getsy, and he certainly earned all of the criticism that is being thrown his way, but the players still have to execute the plays, we see what just adding one playmaker on each side of the ball has done for this team and how having below average players fill key spots gets you beat.

Likely looking at the second tier WR's if you go QB at #1, so do you want a bigger guy or a speedster like Nabors? You put a guy that can do anything opposite Moore and you prevent teams from shading coverage his way. Seems Poles will go with a bigger WR as he has been chasing one ever since he got here.

There will an opportunity to trade back at both slots, but trading the second first rounder to a QB hungry team could allow you to get one of the second tier WR's and maybe recoup a second round pick where you could draft a guy that would start at center for you for the next decade. There are likely already GM's out there that have fallen in love with Nix or Jayden Daniels and would overpay to move up, just have to find your Ryan Pace.

Did see a mock trade where they trade back one spot with New England and pick up an early second rounder, that one made sense as you still could get one of the top QB's and have a shot at a quality player early in the second round.

As you know, I don't want a qb at #1. I do want them to trade down their pick and draft Stevenson with the pick they receive and with the 2nd pick they receive get Sanders, the TE from texas. I believe that their 2nd pick of the 1st round they should grab either a CB or OT. I'd go for a DT or DE if they can't swing a deal that lands them Crosby from the Raiders and draft the best center available in the 3rd round.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Clawmaster wrote:

I wouldn’t call Nabers a 2nd tier WR. In any other draft, he’d prob be the first guy at the position off the board. That’s a top 10-15 pick.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

Educate me, Midge. What does a "gimmick" mean on this board and what is involved in "owning an account? What makes you or anyone think that I am something other than an old veteran who enjoy talking about sports and politics? I don't know how long you have been on this board and really don't care, but I would posit that I have perhaps proven who I am more than any other person on this board. So, if you will, define why you choose to insult me and my make-up?

Also, Midge, are you a pretender or somekind of fake person? What defines you different from myself on a message board?

Here's the thing: I don't care if people think I'm a mult or not. Your overreaction to the accusation suggests that, as many have speculated in the past, another poster is pulling your strings.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:06 am 

https://x.com/danwiederer/status/173784 ... 34087?s=46

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Hawg Ass wrote:
https://x.com/danwiederer/status/1737846866543534087?s=46

Perhaps a bit deceiving because as some replies point out 6 times this century they have not drafted in the first round. However they did also have 2 first round picks in 2003.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

Curious indeed.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next