It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:47 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Harvard Dan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
TheKapMan brought up a good point this morning

Cleveland won the toss and elected to receive, meaning the Bears chose the goal to defend, why the hell didn't Eberflus choose to take the wind at the backs for the 2nd and 4th quarters?

For the first half that's a great question. For the second half, the Bears chose the ball so Cleveland chose which endzone to defend. Just because Cleveland chose to receive to start the game doesn't mean that the Bears automatically get the ball to start the second half, they can choose to Kick, Receive, or Defend an Endzone. Only a dumb team ever chooses to kick to start the game after winning the coin toss, they elect to defer their choice to the second half.

If Packer plant Bobby Tonyan catches an easy TD pass, all of this is moot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Better for the long-term prospects of the franchise if the Pack throws Sunday's game against Carolina.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Cleveland won the toss and elected to receive, meaning the Bears chose the goal to defend, why the hell didn't Eberflus choose to take the wind at the backs for the 2nd and 4th quarters?

For the first half that's a great question. For the second half, the Bears chose the ball so Cleveland chose which endzone to defend. Just because Cleveland chose to receive to start the game doesn't mean that the Bears automatically get the ball to start the second half, they can choose to Kick, Receive, or Defend an Endzone. Only a dumb team ever chooses to kick to start the game after winning the coin toss, they elect to defer their choice to the second half.

McHenry-ite and Marian Central (Woodstock) grad Bobby Tonyan to you pal....

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:51 am 
Site Admin

Harvard Dan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He's an asshole to me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Not sure he goes in for a TD even if making the catch. Seemed liked he would have fallen down or been caught from behind.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He's an asshole to me.

:lol:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:55 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Not sure he goes in for a TD even if making the catch. Seemed liked he would have fallen down or been caught from behind.

Correct. Given the offensive production at that point, Bears are coming away with 3 at best if he makes that catch.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:59 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Correct. Given the offensive production at that point, Bears are coming away with 3 at best if he makes that catch.

Getting back to Bob and Kap's point though...the Bears didn't have the choice of which endzone to defend if they took the ball in the second half...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I expect Bob not to know what he’s talking about, I expected better from Kaplan. They mustve put idiot liquid in those vaccines .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

no Fields would have fumbled inside the 10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:04 am 
Site Admin

Harvard Dan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Good to know the person feeding Caller Bob these oh so "good points" that he comes here to regurgitate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:07 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Good to know the person feeding Caller Bob these oh so "good points" that he comes here to regurgitate

Nothing better than a captain explaining to their coach why their team is kicking of to start both halves...as the back judge on a crew it was fun explaining to the press box pre-game what went down and why a team was kicking to start both halves...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You can play that game all day though. If Flacco does not throw a pick 6 then that catch would not be enough.

Bears lost again. Hypotheticals do not change a thing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:18 am 

denisdman wrote:

You can play that game all day though. If Flacco does not throw a pick 6 then that catch would not be enough.

Bears lost again. Hypotheticals do not change a thing.

Jay Cutler wrote:
I disagree

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Harvard Dan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Nothing better than a captain explaining to their coach why their team is kicking of to start both halves...as the back judge on a crew it was fun explaining to the press box pre-game what went down and why a team was kicking to start both halves...

I didn't know this was possible. Thanks for the knowledge.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:00 pm 

Deleted

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

Yikes! I can't believe TEA would post something like that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:07 pm 

I apologize for the epithets and to those against whom those epithets were directed.

This is not the right place for that type of behavior. Should I choose to do so after some reflection, I’ll post them in the Hamas thread.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
badrogue17 wrote:
I expect Bob not to know what he’s talking about, I expected better from Kaplan. They mustve put idiot liquid in those vaccines .

I hope you get shot in the line of duty this week, asshole. Merry Christmas.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

I apologize for the epithets and to those against whom those epithets were directed.

This is not the right place for that type of behavior. Should I choose to do so after some reflection, I’ll post them in the Hamas thread.

I guess I accept your apology.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Bears players appear to be publicly calling out Getsy and to a lesser degree Eberflus for the loss yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Nas wrote:
The Bears players appear to be publicly calling out Getsy and to a lesser degree Eberflus for the loss yesterday.

good for them

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:

Good for them. There have been at least three games this season where eberflus made bad game decisions that ended up costing them the game. As for Getz,it is amazing how bad his play calls are. That 3rd and one and 4th and one play calling was horrendous..

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:

Good for them. There have been at least three games this season where eberflus made bad game decisions that ended up costing them the game. As for Getz,it is amazing how bad his play calls are. That 3rd and one and 4th and one play calling was horrendous..

DJ Moore was WIDE OPEN on the 4th and 1 where Fields got tripped up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:

Correct.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:20 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:

Correct.

That’s not just open, that’s oh my God holy shit open. I guess we won’t be counting that as one of the touchdowns the Bears “should’ve” had.
[tweet] https://x.com/adamhoge/status/173680919 ... plagn2mCCQ[/tweet]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Fields may seriously have an undiagnosed issue with his vision in his right eye. Nearly all of his problems have come from something he should have easily seen with his right eye.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:44 pm 

Nas wrote:
Fields may seriously have an undiagnosed issue with his vision in his right eye. Nearly all of his problems have come from something he should have easily seen with his right eye.

He probably has the same condition that The Hawk has in both of his eyes when he is watching Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:

He probably has the same condition that The Hawk has in both of his eyes when he is watching Fields.

Fog of war

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:46 pm 

Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next