It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2220 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 74  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:56 pm 

Should be an interesting offseason.

Getting it started by locking up the kicker

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
I didn't realize kickers that can't make 50 yard field goals could get paid so well

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:13 pm 

billypootons wrote:
I didn't realize kickers that can't make 50 yard field goals could get paid so well

He is 6 for 6 from 50+ this season with a long of 55

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I would need to see Santos' next XP attempt in order for me to assess whether he's the franchise kicker or not.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
billypootons wrote:

He is 6 for 6 from 50+ this season with a long of 55

His leg strength has really improved since the Bears have signed him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
billypootons wrote:

He is a terrific kicker and has kicked many 50+ yarders.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
But aren't kickers kind of like pitchers, in that they can all of a sudden go off the rails and get bad?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

He has always been great inside of 40, but used to not be as good from outside of mid 40's. I'd love if a reporter actually asked him what he has done to improve. Obviously, leg strength, but I'm sure technique as well. I do feel that he has become much more reliable from the 50+ range.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Don't draft this clown.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cale ... rrison-jr/

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:44 am 

Nas wrote:

Maybe he's a Fields apologist as well. I suppose that's okay to tolerate as long as he doesn't play like Fields.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
If you think Maye gets past Cards why not trade back with Washington or New England and pick up extra picks?

You would get Maye, Nabers or Odunze, maybe pick up a second this year where you pick your center, or a different WR from what is supposedly a deep WR class?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: John's
He then liked this tweet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:30 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
If you think Maye gets past Cards why not trade back with Washington or New England and pick up extra picks?

You would get Maye, Nabers or Odunze, maybe pick up a second this year where you pick your center, or a different WR from what is supposedly a deep WR class?

I don't think Maye gets past New England. If Poles has a similar grade of 3 or 4 quarterbacks, that may be worth the risk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Clawmaster wrote:

If the Bears are going QB with that 1st pick.. I think it’s getting riskier to move back (even AZ might consider a QB up this high and maybe trade Call of Duty). Atm I think you take your guy and don’t look back. After all, if you finally nail that pick your franchise’s future is set for the next decade.

At most, if the Bears like both Maye and Williams, right now they trade back the one spot and take the one that falls to them. But atm I don’t think the smart move is to go back even a couple of slots if QB is indeed their top priority.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:52 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
He then liked this tweet

Similar to him ‘liking’ the tweet suggesting the Bears should draft MHJ over him I don’t think him ‘liking’ this post means much.. that said, he is -talent wise- the best QB to come out in a long time.

It’s between him and Maye as far as the blue chip QB’s this year and I’d be excited if the Bears got either guy. Still need the right coaching staff to help them develop tho and I don’t think the Bears have that atm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:55 am 

Caleb may not even be running his twitter account. His NIL company may be.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

If the Bears are going QB with that 1st pick.. I think it’s getting riskier to move back (even AZ might consider a QB up this high and maybe trade Call of Duty). Atm I think you take your guy and don’t look back. After all, if you finally nail that pick your franchise’s future is set for the next decade.

At most, if the Bears like both Maye and Williams, right now they trade back the one spot and take the one that falls to them. But atm I don’t think the smart move is to go back even a couple of slots if QB is indeed their top priority.

The Bears aren't going to be indifferent between Maye and Williams. If they move on from Fields, they are going to get the one they want, not settle for who is left. It's even more important to take the one that is supposedly a difference maker. Maybe both become a difference maker, but the Bears have to hit on this else Poles will probably get fired a year from now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Brick wrote:

per minute of practice/game-time/effort/wear-and-tear on his body, Caleb could make way more staying and collecting NIL one more year than what he'll make getting his shit pushed in for 24+ weeks (training camp + pre-season + season + playoffs) as a rookie in the NFL.

That's why soon as NIL started JT Daniels put himself on the market every off-season and played for a different college each of his final 3 season. This after Daniels burned 2 years of eligibility as USC's starter as a true freshman + his sophomore season (where he was actually given play calling responsibility).

Then Daniels took advantage of the COVID extra year (2 years?) of eligibility to make bank after transferring to Georgia for his true Junior year. Plays 2 years for Georgia. Jumps in the tran$fer portal, gets paid by West Virginia a nice bonus to transfer there. Plays 1 year at WVU before cashing out with Rice for his 6th/final year of eligibility.

Daniels made so much $$$ in NIL and under the table pre-NIL money he retired from football completely at the end of the season this year and is in talks to buy into an NBA franchise with his NIL/off-the-books college earnings.

Williams entered college in fall 2021, so I don't think he gets a COVID year (or 2, apparently in Daniels case) but would have 1 more year of eligibility to rack up easy-peasy NIL $$$'s playing against 18-20 year old defenders.

Donovan McNabb/Jason Campbell/RGIII/Rex Grossman/Kirk Cousins were Caleb Williams quarterback heroes growing up in Washington DC; Williams has said is lifelong dream is to lead the Redskins to a Super Bowl victory.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

BD wrote:
NME wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

The Bears aren't going to be indifferent between Maye and Williams. If they move on from Fields, they are going to get the one they want, not settle for who is left. It's even more important to take the one that is supposedly a difference maker. Maybe both become a difference maker, but the Bears have to hit on this else Poles will probably get fired a year from now.

I think the chance of Poles losing his job, after one more year, is near zero.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Brick wrote:

per minute of practice/game-time/effort/wear-and-tear on his body, Caleb could make way more staying and collecting NIL one more year than what he'll make getting his shit pushed in for 24+ weeks (training camp + pre-season + season + playoffs) as a rookie in the NFL.

That's why soon as NIL started JT Daniels put himself on the market every off-season and played for a different college each of his final 3 season. This after Daniels burned 2 years of eligibility as USC's starter as a true freshman + his sophomore season (where he was actually given play calling responsibility).

Then Daniels took advantage of the COVID extra year (2 years?) of eligibility to make bank after transferring to Georgia for his true Junior year. Plays 2 years for Georgia. Jumps in the tran$fer portal, gets paid by West Virginia a nice bonus to transfer there. Plays 1 year at WVU before cashing out with Rice for his 6th/final year of eligibility.

Daniels made so much $$$ in NIL and under the table pre-NIL money he retired from football completely at the end of the season this year and is in talks to buy into an NBA franchise with his NIL/off-the-books college earnings.

Williams entered college in fall 2021, so I don't think he gets a COVID year (or 2, apparently in Daniels case) but would have 1 more year of eligibility to rack up easy-peasy NIL $$$'s playing against 18-20 year old defenders.

Donovan McNabb/Jason Campbell/RGIII/Rex Grossman/Kirk Cousins were Caleb Williams quarterback heroes growing up in Washington DC; Williams has said is lifelong dream is to lead the Redskins to a Super Bowl victory.

There's too much risk involved. The NIL money doesn't touch salary and endorsements and it puts him another year away from his second contract.

Daniels wasn't considered a surefire #1 pick. He doesn't stay in college if he were considered a first round pick.

If Washington stays at #3, I would consider trading the #1 to them. A 2026 #1 would have to be included in the package.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:52 pm 

BD wrote:
NME wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I don’t think this is entirely true at all. They could come up with very similar grades on both (for different reasons) where they’d be comfortable trading back a spot or two and landing the one that doesn’t get picked.

I get that as a fan you’d want them to feel more strongly about one over the other, but that could be far from the case come evaluation time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:58 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Brick wrote:

People are overthinking this stuff. Caleb isn’t going to sit out the draft, risk injury without a long term contract, or risk his draft status sliding below where it is now. Neither will MHJ. NIL money is short term, NFL money is long term.

I also believe the NFL will address this by penalizing players that try to force trades and so on using these tactics by barring them from playing for a season and making them re-enter the draft the next year (or something along those lines).

As is I believe this has been talked about in the past when Eli Manning forced his situation at the time of his draft. It won’t take NFL owners too long to get together and understand this fucks up their draft and teams being able to compete.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Here's where I am. If the Bear's want to draft a quarterback, they should look at the best available one in the low 3rd round or high 4th round and have at it while keeping Fields. I don't think that there is a damned lick of difference between the qbs in this go around especially that Caleb Williams asshole, they have a shit load of money and draft picks to move around in the drafts this year and next so have at it.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

Drake Maye can make some questionable decisions with the ball and he takes a lot of unnecessary hits, but the kid can play quarterback.

https://youtu.be/Z8CjX0JzL_U?si=fr1yQHpg-KGMvABH

https://youtu.be/48oAf_v2wrw?si=mVbl2s8d5qBXnMKC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:17 am 
100000 CLUB

First Glance at Quarterback:

1. Drake Maye
2. Caleb Williams
3. JJ McCarthy
4. Bo Nix
5. Quinn Ewers
6. Michael Penix
7. Cameron Ward
8. Jayden Daniels

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:55 am 

Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Brick wrote:

There's too much risk involved. The NIL money doesn't touch salary and endorsements and it puts him another year away from his second contract.

Daniels wasn't considered a surefire #1 pick. He doesn't stay in college if he were considered a first round pick.

If Washington stays at #3, I would consider trading the #1 to them. A 2026 #1 would have to be included in the package.

Agree that Washington could be the trade target, dumb owner that wants to make a splash who will pressure the GM to overpay, if you think Maye will still be there at #3 you make the trade, pick up at least a second this year and first next year, you then take Maye and best WR on board with your second pick, will be plenty of center options at the top of the second round.

You of course have to be confident that Arizona picks Harrison.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:02 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Brick wrote:

Agree that Washington could be the trade target, dumb owner that wants to make a splash who will pressure the GM to overpay, if you think Maye will still be there at #3 you make the trade, pick up at least a second this year and first next year, you then take Maye and best WR on board with your second pick, will be plenty of center options at the top of the second round.

You of course have to be confident that Arizona picks Harrison.

If Arizona snatched Maye in the above scenario, I wouldn't have an issue with the consolation prize of MHJ and McCarthy. The more I watched McCarthy, the more I like. He's a "Chicago" kid and he's only 20.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: John's
JJ McCarthy can't play. That's why Harbaugh only let's him throw 5-10 times a game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:20 am 

It does seem Williams would be a good point guard type QB, can make some off platform throws and gets the ball out quickly in the short passing game, types of throws Fields struggles with, but are essential in the NFL to move the chains.

Maye is a bigger kid with more of a throw you open type game, you would need to launch all your WRs except Moore because you do not have anyone else that is going win 50/50 balls on the roster, Mooney can't catch a cold at this point and you have absolutely nothing behind him, would like a bigger WR like MHJ, Odunze, Mitchel, or Keon Coleman.

Getting a second or third for Fields would give you a shot at a C, wondering if you could get a second if you package Fields with a late round pick?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:25 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
JJ McCarthy can't play. That's why Harbaugh only let's him throw 5-10 times a game.

I disagree. Unlike the top 2 guys, he's going to be playing meaningful football again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2220 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 74  Next