It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
But - and I agree that Bowers is the better weapon - what’s the point of Kmet if you’re taking Bowers?

In a vacuum, you pick the better talent. In this case, you’ve just paid a guy who’s solidly above average, signed another guy to supplement that skill set and now you’re going to use a top 10 draft pick on a show pony?

A smarter guy can explain the letters of the TE, but I think Bowers is more of the receiving TE. While he's a solid blocker, it isn't the primary responsibility of his type of TE. Either way, I think you take the best player no matter what.

A couple months ago, I said there was a decent chance the Bears could draft Bowers and you scoffed at the idea. I'm glad you've come around.

Waldron will use three or even four tight end formations. I'm absolutely certain the Bears are considering taking him. But I still think a trade down is possible given that there will be great WR talent available after pick 15 in the first round.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
I think they have to go dline if they pick. They still need depth & talent up front and I don’t think it’d be smart to put all of their eggs in the Sweat basket.

They've selected 1 player on offense in the first 2 rounds since Poles has been here. Dexter and Pickens taking another step can help. I don't think Turner or Murphy will be anything but guys. Verse is probably a late first round pick, and Chop Robinson's short arms should push him to Day 2. Not getting Caleb a toy would be malpractice.

They got him Keenan Allen and there will be good talent later in the draft. I don’t know that a guy like Odunze is a slam dunk to have a better career than the Georgia Irishman.

I’ve convinced myself that Williams/Bowers could be Mahomes/Kelce, but I just don’t have that much faith in the defense to hold up over the course of a season when it seems like it hinges on one guy.

Keenan Allen is old. Last year, there was only one receiver, 32 or older, that had 500 yards. I don't think Allen's game will decline that fast, but I don't want to bank on him being productive for 3 more years.

I share your skepticism about Odunze. Honestly, it's just a gut feeling. Looking at the measurements and tape, I should be excited about him. Listening to him on Pivot talk about his on field "memory" wasn't encouraging. He's not talented enough to get by purely on skill.

If the Bears can't trade up for MHJ or have gun toting Nabers fall in their lap, I think you have to go Bowers. I think the kid has the mentality and skill to be special. I would still like to come back up in the 2nd round for a Coleman if Bowers is the pick.

Its so sad that NASty is so panicked about how little the BEARS have to work within the draft sine their WILLIAMS brain fart. Now he is woeful about a guy who the Bears brought in to improve the passing offense who was pro bowl once again for like the 8th time in his great career. NASty is now trying to soften his fall when the Bears fail in this draft.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
But - and I agree that Bowers is the better weapon - what’s the point of Kmet if you’re taking Bowers?

In a vacuum, you pick the better talent. In this case, you’ve just paid a guy who’s solidly above average, signed another guy to supplement that skill set and now you’re going to use a top 10 draft pick on a show pony?

A smarter guy can explain the letters of the TE, but I think Bowers is more of the receiving TE. While he's a solid blocker, it isn't the primary responsibility of his type of TE. Either way, I think you take the best player no matter what.

A couple months ago, I said there was a decent chance the Bears could draft Bowers and you scoffed at the idea. I'm glad you've come around.

Waldron will use three or even four tight end formations. I'm absolutely certain the Bears are considering taking him. But I still think a trade down is possible given that there will be great WR talent available after pick 15 in the first round.

I've been a fan of Bowers since I saw him play as a freshman. I've wanted him or MHJ for 2 years. I would be surprised if I scoffed at the idea of him wearing a Bears jersey. I assumed he would go to the Chargers at 5. If the media's projections are accurate, that's unlikely to happen.

I agree, Waldron will have a lot of multiple TE sets. It's great when all of them can catch.

I'm perfectly fine with the Bears trading their 2025 #1 pick to go up in the draft. I think there's a good chance that pick could be after pick 20. It's now or never, IMO.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:21 am 

We would have creamed at the possibility of a Williams-Bowers draft in May of last year.

You hear nothing about him from teams, which leads me to believe they are trying to hide interest.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:14 pm 

Wait, the Bears only have 4 damn draft picks. They have to trade out of 9.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Wait, the Bears only have 4 damn draft picks. They have to trade out of 9.

i wouldn't do that at all

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:42 pm 

Well, I guess when your team is consistently bad at drafting having only 4 picks probably is a good thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Well, I guess when your team is consistently bad at drafting having only 4 picks probably is a good thing.

The lack of a second-round pick definitely hurts, but the quality of the draft is supposed to drop off significantly by the middle or end of round three. Poles seems to have traded away some late-round picks this year with that assessment in mind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:57 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

If they come away with two really good picks at 1 and 9 it will not matter if they only have 4 picks.

I would be happy with trading down and getting an extra pick too. It all depends on who is there at 9.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:12 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

The lack of a second-round pick definitely hurts, but the quality of the draft is supposed to drop off significantly by the middle or end of round three. Poles seems to have traded away some late-round picks this year with that assessment in mind.

I am glad my team doesn’t seem to believe in this philosophy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

You're glad that your team doesn't subscribe to the philosophy of declining to draft players who would likely go undrafted in other years?

Well I guess we have that much in common! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:27 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

You're glad that your team doesn't subscribe to the philosophy of declining to draft players who would likely go undrafted in other years?

No, I don’t believe there aren’t players that are young and controllable that will help solidify a roster. It is just like supposedly only 15 Blue Chip prospects, that is a load of horse shit too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

No, I don’t believe there aren’t players that are young and controllable that will help solidify a roster. It is just like supposedly only 15 Blue Chip prospects, that is a load of horse shit too.

It sounds like you're arguing with Poles' assessment of the draft rather than his drafting philosophy. I guess we'll have to wait a while to find out who is right about that one.

Obviously, though, how Poles fares with the #1 and #9 picks is far more important than his view of the depth players to be found in the later rounds.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:42 pm 

I don’t like having only 4 picks in any draft.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:

Me either. I would strongly consider trading back to recoup the second-round pick he gave up in the Sweat deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he traded back in the third round either.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:05 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Me either. I would strongly consider trading back to recoup the second-round pick he gave up in the Sweat deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he traded back in the third round either.

:cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

If Poles does trade back in the third round, it will be interesting to see if the return is a pick in 2024 or 2025.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
If Poles does trade back in the third round, it will be interesting to see if the return is a pick in 2024 or 2025.

Won't they pick up 2 3rd rounders for Ian Cunningham if he eventually lands a GM job? He's been a finalist in a few instances and supposedly turned down the Arizona job a few years back so he should get another shot assuming they don't miss on Caleb.

It's probably not likely they will end up with a 4th for Fields, but Russell isn't very good so that's TBD.

I think, but not positive, they will get a 4th round compensatory pick for losing Mooney to Atlanta.

Add some combination of the above to the 1st and 2 2nd round picks, and they building up a larger inventory of picks for next season which gives them some flexibility in this year's draft (if they choose to be aggressive).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
we may be finally getting our generational QB and i've already taken it for granted and just am excited to find out who they take at 9.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:58 pm 

billypootons wrote:
we may be finally getting our generational QB and i've already taken it for granted and just am excited to find out who they take at 9.

I'm feeling sorry for my grandchildren that they won't be able to live through the Caleb Williams era (probably)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 pm 

2022: Darnell Mooney, Equanimeous St. Brown, Velus Jones
2024: DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, Rome Odunze

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
If they come away with two really good picks at 1 and 9 it will not matter if they only have 4 picks.
#1 & #9 could not have worked out better for the Bears. Its an A+++++ day

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:00 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

What really is hilarious is that it was only after Poles pissed away the draft bonanza that they had handed to them, and drafted the USC fellow, suddenly the Williams fan boys have decided that the draft is populated by only 10-12 WORTHWHILE DRAFT PICKS and this is supposed to be factual. Hell, Midget ought to apply to be the resident draft guru for the Bears seeing as how Poles and EBERFLUSH ARE MOST LIKELY BE GONE IN A COUPLE OF YEARS.

Maybe Midget, why don't the Bears and other losing teams give their 3rd-7th round picks up to a pool of picks who will be DONATED to whoever is the worse team in the NFL that year. Oh wait, they'd end up getting their own picks right back to them, right??? :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: They could take a charitable deduction though so Virginia would end up with better money, right 8) 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:13 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
#1 & #9 could not have worked out better for the Bears. Its an A+++++ day

What do you see their record being next year, Frankie? By the way, Odunze is a legit size athlete, WILLIAMS IS NOT CLOSE TO 6'2" 215#. I WAS 6'2' 190# playing ball in college. I was visibly bigger than Williams. Note: Were they not giving out ROBIN WILLIAMS measurements?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Give it a rest, Hawk A Rooooo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:08 am 
100000 CLUB

Ryan Poles and Ian Cunningham have done a better job than any of us could have imagined. They've been disciplined and haven't allowed the fans or media to dictate their moves. :salut: :salut: :salut:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Reminder that they could have hired Harbaugh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Reminder that they could have hired Harbaugh.

Yeah it would feel even better if Harbaugh was here along with those picks for sure.

Still, if the QB hits it solves so many issues

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Anyone know how many teams Harbaugh interviewed with and/or how many teams were “interested” in him?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

Who replaces Shane Waldron when he gets a head coaching job in 2025?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next